It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Henceforth, your theory makes no sense.

If "TPTB" wanted the ME to complete their plan and China/Russia were under "their" control, why then would China and Russia spend the last 2 years blocking any attempt to intervene? Somewhat counter-productive, no?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Where are the anti war protesters?

Festering.... Festering quietly with jaws agape.

Probably sitting back hoping and bracing that someone with some power will make a stand against this move before taking to the streets. How are protesters going to stop this if the entire world just sits back and watches it happen? No democratic process is going to phase this government. They are probably hoping for protests... this should be more apparent than ever. They have already paved a path to deal with mass protests.

I'm sure this move is scaring a lot of people in the US right now, because this is just blatant rape of what this country is supposed to stand for. They are not listening to any of us. At all.

I would like to see some international objection to this immediately.
I want to see leadership reactions to this. Who, with any clout, is going to sit back and watch this?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Megatronus

Double posting are we???

I think we got your point the first go around

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by beezzer

Er, they are tapering off the QE programme because it isn't needed any more, as the economic indicators show that things are returning back to something like normal. You have grabbed the wrong end of the wrong stick, matey.

I'd love to be wrong. I hope like hell that I'm wrong. But I know the euro is still sucking wind with Portugal/Greece/Spain dragging the rest of the EU down.

But again, this is just my opinion.

I'll give you an internetz if I'm wrong.

edit on 26-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by Megatronus

Double posting are we???

I think we got your point the first go around

Ha! It's this Iphone. Its so disgusted with the war mongering it wanted to post it twice to make sure.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Sk8ergrl

Henceforth, your theory makes no sense.

If "TPTB" wanted the ME to complete their plan and China/Russia were under "their" control, why then would China and Russia spend the last 2 years blocking any attempt to intervene? Somewhat counter-productive, no?

Russia has a dictator so does China also US does and Cameron is heading that way too also just maybe they are playing the bluffing game to make it look like that they are on their side but when the time comes they will also attack the ME.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Have any of you ever stopped to consider the possibility that some of the Alawite and Shiite religious leaders may be seeking to provoke the west and Israel to fulfill their twisted end time prophecies?

The time of great conflagration.. Muslim on Muslim violence, leading to wars... Ultimately all Islamic sects unite in war against the great Satan and Israel, the imam Mahdi returns, and leads them to victory...

So it could begin...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by IamAbeliever

And how is this going to cause WW3?

Neither Russia, China or Iran are capable of doing anything to respond.

Oh, and the reason why this doesn't have UNSC approval, for those who are now suddenly in support of the UN (the usual tide of opinion from Americans is the UN is useless...... hmmm....) is because Russia and China have been blocking anything meaningful to protect their own interests at the expense of over 100,000 human lives - but that's fine is it?

Where did you get the idea that the 2nd and 3rd most powerful militarizes in the world are incapable of doing anything to respond? And seeing how this is taking place in their backyard they will be interested to see what is going on. At least China and Russia has a reason to be involved what is Americas reason for getting involved? That's right Israel needs a clear flight path to attack Iran.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Also Putin wants an NWO from 2012 www.theblaze.com...

maybe next you won't attack others before doing research

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Assad is killing thousands of people, it is time to end his terror. I say kill the mfker

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
Assad is killing thousands of people, it is time to end his terror. I say kill the mfker [/quote

This is hilarious. The US and UK have ore blood on their hands the any other nations.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Megatronus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If War brings a financial economic collapse, it may be the trigger for the Corporate World to bail out the government/country, hence becoming the government.

Bit like that TV Show Continuum....where corporates run the countries and have their own private police and military.........

we may be heading that way,.....then wars will be openly coporate in agenda, cause and justification as they wont answer to the public anywhere.....a real War for resources and Without End!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
did you see the kids dying from chemical attacks. They are human, it is insane for someone to live to do it again

link   

Originally posted by wondermost
I got a pretty good idea. All of the military personnel stand up and say no to going.

It won't happen, but its a good idea....

As you said: "It won't happen."

It would require all service personnel to refuse orders, and it would have to happen all at once.

The way the chain of command works at present is:

President Of The United States ---> Secretary Of Defense --> Unified Combatant Commands

Used to be before 1986 the Joint Chiefs of Command were part of the chain of command, but that changed with the Goldwater-Nichols Act of 1986

Joint Chiefs still advice the POTUS and the Sec. Of Defense, but when the orders come down it goes from the POTUS to the Secretary of Defense (who is appointed by the POTUS), who in turn sends the commands to the Unified Combatant Commanders who are (with no surprise):

Each combatant command (CCMD) is headed by a four-star general or admiral recommended by the Secretary of Defense, nominated for appointment by the President of the United States, confirmed by the Senate and commissioned, at the President's order, by the Secretary of Defense.

Surprise, surprise.

These are people hand picked by the POTUS and Sec. Of Defense.

Very little doubt that they will not agree to carry out the POTUS orders. Being ex-military myself, I can tell you that once you hit "Flag Officer" rank, it's a game of politics and looking ahead to your career. Having a habit of not executing orders will not get you very far in the upper echelons.

Generals and Admirals that butt heads with the POTUS and/or the Sec. Of Defense tend to not stay in their jobs for very long. The officers below them are trained to do the job and follow their orders, just as enlisted men are.

Lawful Order vs. Unlawful Order.

You and I (and many others on here) will consider the current POTUS order to carry out strikes of any kind on foreign soil to be a "Unlawful Order".

However the Presidential War Powers Resolution allows the POTUS to give orders like these, and (according to some presidents) makes the orders "lawful" in the eyes of the military.

I'm a firm believer in that the War Powers for POTUS need to be removed (at least for actions against other nations) and something new replaces it, that does the following:

1) REALLY ties the hands of the POTUS. No one person should have that kind of power.

2) Makes the POTUS 100% accountable, so that if congress decides the POTUS abused this power, the POTUS is removed from office immediately.

But, yah, only way for this to work is is all military personnel were to "stand down", and that isn't going to happen I'm afraid.

link   

Originally posted by ausername
Have any of you ever stopped to consider the possibility that some of the Alawite and Shiite religious leaders may be seeking to provoke the west and Israel to fulfill their twisted end time prophecies?

The time of great conflagration.. Muslim on Muslim violence, leading to wars... Ultimately all Islamic sects unite in war against the great Satan and Israel, the imam Mahdi returns, and leads them to victory...

So it could begin...

If that were the case, then our great educated leaders should be able to pull enough common sense out of their rears to leave it be and not get involved in a very costly endeavor.

Yeah... so... Not buying that bit for a second because they certainly don't seem to just be walking away from the controls wisely.

they want to open this... and they want it to be big. If it remains small, it'll just be an expense... they want this to involve broader things with more value. Maybe... Never having to repay China could be a start?... seizing a lot of oil fields before any more Russian acquirement?

If they start this... and it appears to blow over, consider it a mere recess.

This government is on a runaway lunatic path.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

This may interest you:

The "Corporate Wars": The Forgotten Premise of the Original Rollerball Film of 1976
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 11/30/2010 @ 01:05 PM

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would rather watch a worldwide financial collapse than see more people die from chemical weapons

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The only ones that can stop this madness is the US military. ...and they are the lap dogs of the rogue government.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Well, if it's imminent then it's a surgical or localized strike - which doesn't require Congressional approval. I heard that it would likely be a series of military runway bombings (with cruise missiles) to make it hard for Syria to put up any more planes, but maybe my source is just hopeful that it'll be a smart strike. As opposed to a full-on invasion with no plan after the first assault wave of "shock and awe".

Yes, by all means let's say it isn't war , just bombing
A rose by any other name ... Bombing another country is still war . Congress must approve war. Bush did the same thing. LBJ just called Vietnam a 'police action'. When are we gonna admit it's WAR?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Yes, I did. What I didn't see however was any proof it was Assad. The terrorists and the US have already been caught trying to lie and fake it. Your pointing fingers at the wrong terrorists. Unless your privy to some classified info we haven't seen yet?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join