It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by UnBreakable

I was failed on my physical when I tried to go in (they were slashing numbers) but worked as a civilian on the ramp, after literally growing up and being trained by my father (30 years active duty maintenance, followed by 16 as a civilian contractor for the Air Force) on the ramp.

I've made a few contacts over the years that are willing to keep me in the look when it comes to current operations and plans, and I have a few places to look for weapons improvements. I keep my hand in as much as I can anymore.
edit on 8/28/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

Cool. Nice to have an educated insight to counter most of the baseless speculation in this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by Zaphod58

I was under the impression the S-300 system was delivered via Ukraine (or one of those former soviet republics).

Last i heard about the S-300 was that they were to be delivered no earlier than august 2014.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Russia will keep itself away from US/Syria fight.

It is not clear what Americans want to achieve. We shall see when the attacks happen.

Most likely the civil war will continue post attacks.

There is no resolution possible in this war, as many of the combatants are foreigners, and the controls are held by foreigners as well. This conflict has progressed from civil war to war already, a proxy war.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

There is no advantage of S300 in the hands of Syrians. Russia knows that.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

See, that's what I'm talking about. The Russian Foreign Minister has said the sales have been stopped. One source says that they went through the Ukraine and other former Soviet states and are in place. Yet another one says they won't arrive until next year. It's a very confusing issue.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i just heard on the YouTube, (paul begley, Prophecy Alert) a 5 minute video that is 18 hours old

that the latest report is that the USA led missle attacks on Syria will commence on Thursday... that is tomorrow --- and will only last long enough to 'punish' Syria for eveb having sarin gas weapons in their arsenal

the barrage is not intended to give the FSA rebels the upper hand in over-throwing Assad
~can you believe this stuff~

paul begley also has a YT vide that indicts Øbama as the Daniel 'King of Dark Sentences" fame in prophecy

with all the false flag & deliberate mis-information being hurled by everyone & anyone in all directions... i thought a look into the deeper machinations of prophecy might shine a better light on just whats about to transpire there in Syria

of course the 0bama attacks might just result in the destruction of the USA/French/British cruise missile fleet by the much superior Russian anti-ship missiles that will be sent in retaliation... the US Mediterranian Fleet might be severly evaporated within hours of the cruise missile launch... that is another prophetic scene that might be played out (from Daniel prophecy also) where 0bama go back to his homeland to lick his wounds and devise evil plans against those that faced him off at sea (ships of kittim?)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Time has not come yet.

USA will be allowed to have its way in Syria and Iran. Russia and China will protest but stay aside.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
of course the 0bama attacks might just result in the destruction of the USA/French/British cruise missile fleet by the much superior Russian anti-ship missiles that will be sent in retaliation... the US Mediterranian Fleet might be severly evaporated within hours of the cruise missile launch...

You mean the Sunburn that the SeaRAM (that is mounted on US ships) works really well against?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
With "friends" like Obama who needs enemies? Between his big mouth and his disastrous policies he has embarrassed the hell out of this country and dragged the Office of the President through the mud.

America doesn't need to bomb Syria. We didn't need to bomb Iraq or Afghanistan either. We don't need to waste more money fighting someone else's war. We don't need to waste more American lives in the name of "freedom". The only freedom gained in those other theaters was freedom from our tax dollars.

This policy of sticking our noses in other countrys' business is a no-win scenario every time. If the ME wants to put the screws to Assad let them deploy their people and their fighters at their expense. Let them take the heat from the international community for interfering in the affairs of a sovereign country.

I'm sick to death of the US Government and its complete failure to act according to the wishes of its employer - the American people.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by suz62

Superpowers or Major powers cannot let one family run a dynastic rule in any country and carry out inhumane acts and constant oppression and severe curtailing of human rights. In the ME nearly all countries were running dynastic rules and general populations were suffering.

However, instead of instigated civil wars that kill thousands and destroy lots of infrastructure, there has to be more creative way removing dictators and installing democratic and free principles.

Also, US and EU are not totally right in their acts in the ME. Political and economic opportunism is taking front seat and double standards are being employed ex: why not Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are asked to remove dynastic rulers.

Using WMDs is crossing a major line. If it is not punished then their use will become common occurrence. ON the otherhand sources who cause 100K deaths in civil war like Saudi pumping weapons and financing to rebels, also need to be punished and their efforts curtailed.

In all this hodge podge of selfish interests, I can only hope that MESS does not get out of control.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Well this thread topic is just WRONG. How much more BS can CNN spout out? Attack within hours? That was 2 days ago.

At any rate, the US has already stated the "attack" will last a matter of hours not days. Its going to be pinprick and over fast with probably anywhere betyween 10-15 targets hit. No big deal. Small enough so that Syria can say something like "if they do this again...."

Irasn is going to sit idly by and STFU like they always do. That goes for Russia and China as well. You dont believe me? Watch. I will be back this time next week.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

The problem is no other first world country has the balls to intervene. I'm sick of the US constantly taking point because Europe is populated with sissies.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by spy66

See, that's what I'm talking about. The Russian Foreign Minister has said the sales have been stopped. One source says that they went through the Ukraine and other former Soviet states and are in place. Yet another one says they won't arrive until next year. It's a very confusing issue.

Agree. It could be a tactical reason to ceep it in the dark. who knows?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by victor7

The problem is no other first world country has the balls to intervene. I'm sick of the US constantly taking point because Europe is populated with sissies.

Agree, But it dosent matter how much we want to help. Our nanny state first have to calculate how much it will cost. Than they have to manufacture some propaganda that can justify why we should help. It takes years.
By the time Our nanny state have made up their mind. Our soldier have retierd and we have to spend Money and time to build up a New force.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on 28-8-2013 by GargIndia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well this thread topic is just WRONG. How much more BS can CNN spout out? Attack within hours? That was 2 days ago.

At any rate, the US has already stated the "attack" will last a matter of hours not days. Its going to be pinprick and over fast with probably anywhere betyween 10-15 targets hit. No big deal. Small enough so that Syria can say something like "if they do this again...."

Irasn is going to sit idly by and STFU like they always do. That goes for Russia and China as well. You dont believe me? Watch. I will be back this time next week.

We need to see what US does.

The attack seems meaningless at this time. Military force must be used for a definite objective, not to assuage ego of somebody.

The 'pinprick' that you describe serves no purpose, as it does not remove Assad. Chemical weapons will be used again (as rebels have them too). So how many 'pinpricks' will USA resort to?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

If Assad uses WMDs again, he will be NUKED !!

HOWEVER, a flawless evidence has to be first agreed in order to blame either party. No doctoring of findings like in Iraq 2003.

The real matter here is Human Morality and way we will live in civilized societies.
edit on 28-8-2013 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor7
reply to post by GargIndia

If Assad uses WMDs again, he will be NUKED !!

HOWEVER, a flawless evidence has to be first agreed in order to blame either party. No doctoring of findings like in Iraq 2003.

The real matter here is Human Morality and way we will live in civilized societies.

Again? When did he use them before?

So bombing countries willy nilly is what a civilized society does?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

Jesus people on ATS are nuke happy.

The only way he gets hit with a nuclear weapon is in response to a chemical attack in the US or UK, and even then I'm willing to bet he wouldn't.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Right, well I wouldn't expect tactical nuclear weapons to be used right now. But it is a possibility in naval warfare if we get in too deep.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join