It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Breaking on CNN, Strike on Syria Within Hours Without Congressional Approval

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by princeofpeace

I don't think they're gearing up for WWIII at all, but I also don't think they're going to come out and say "this is our plan" and announce it. I think that we're going to see more than just a few hours of missile strikes, but less than a full up all out attack.

The idea is to clear a no-fly zone in which to operate an aircraft shield to prevent artillery attacks against civilians. Syria has a large air defense network. It will take days, not hours.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

And a Tomahawk or conventional subsonic cruise missile won't get past even an S200. A large number of them were shot down over Iraq to older systems than the S200/300. A true layered defense of any sort isn't the easiest for a Tomahawk to get through.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That's why I'm thinking more than they said on the news, but less than we've seen in other countries.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
LOL we will see. Israel hasnt had any trouble hitting these cats out of the blue several times right in their own airspace. I dont put much stock into Syria. S-300 overrated piece of #. S-200? Even greater overrated piece of #.

And a Tomahawk or conventional subsonic cruise missile won't get past even an S200. A large number of them were shot down over Iraq to older systems than the S200/300. A true layered defense of any sort isn't the easiest for a Tomahawk to get through.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Have you ever come across the synopsis for the video game Frontline: Fuel of War? if not, just wikipedia it. it's a video game which essentially details what is happening at this moment, and takes it a step further to give you kill thrill action of "modern warfare".

sigh...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

That's why I'm thinking more than they said on the news, but less than we've seen in other countries.

In all fairness, I got the Secretary of State mixed up with the Defense Secretary. Hagel to my knowledge is stateside so I am guessing the E-4B is not for Kerry. It's been a long day and I am tired.

The Russians pulling out their personnel was the icing for me, that and the imminent new moon tells me that attacks will come within 7 days..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I do not think the US will spell out the attack plan , the "Missile ships" are just are part of what is being planed, If and when the UN gives to Ok to make a strike Russia and China are the real threat here not Syria, www.cbsnews.com... Syria will put up a good fight unlike Iraq, do not underestimate Syria.

Obama is not Bush and does not have Cheney or Powell to guide him, they might give him a call and make some pointers, but then if this is total war they might call.
22 Arab nations "Arab League", Briton, France, Turkey, Germany and Israel are for a US military action,.

China,Russia, and Iran are not and have warned any action is an act of war, Russia and China say it is such if not approved by UN, and Iran.... they just want an excuse to make words of war but I doubt they will act on them, but then might use it as a reason to Attack Israel.

A FUBAR scenario:
Obama acts with out UN blessing, makes first strike on Syria using B2 and cruse Missiles hitting targets in Syria , killing Syrians and Russian troops.

Russia then launches anti ship missiles hitting 3 of the 4 reported ships used in the missile strike, DPRK seeing the US in an other Mideast war moves on SK US forces along the DMZ China then steps in, backing Russia, Syria, DPRK, and sinking Japanese ships in the disputed islands, Iran attacks Israel. with in 4 hours the world is in ww3. a look at the above www.usatoday.com... www.bbc.co.uk... www.foxnews.com... www.france24.com... just a quick view at the links say the above could become fact, lets hope and pray it remains fiction

edit on 28-8-2013 by bekod because: line edit

edit on 28-8-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jondave
did you see the kids dying from chemical attacks. They are human, it is insane for someone to live to do it again

its just that there is evidence to suggest Assad didnt do it...and without a proper investigation you can not sentence someone to death like that.

Obama has probably killed far more people

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Stop the hysteria, nothing will come of this except Syria being attacked. The fact that no country, or coalition of countries, in the world is strong enough to stand against the US means no one will. It would be like a 10 year old karate white belt challenging George St. Pierre.

or David vs Goliath...oh..wait......
edit on 28-8-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Don't worry people. They can't attack Syria because if they attack Syria, Tel Aviv will be razed to ground and they already knew it. It's called "The Sword Of Damocles" strategy. I think They're just buying some times for their fellow-terrorists. it's like when a volleyball coach call for Time Out to buy time for his own team and make the opponent's players mentally weak. For 30 years they threatened us (Iran), but here we are ! They can't attack us or whomever is on our side ... not anymore ! Syria is not Saddam Hussain's Iraq or Afghanistan ! Iran is directly involved in this war and surprisingly is Russia. Assad's Syria is

So there's no need to worry !!!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

And an even more "laughable" SA-6 brought down an F-117 and damaged another in Yugoslavia. You can laugh at systems all you want, but an SA-2 is still capable of bringing aircraft down.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I haven't underestimated them yet, but I don't see this blowing up into WWIII, or being more than limited to that region. At most we'll see it turn into a regional war, which would be bad enough.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Eh, no worries, I've done that a time or two.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
i wonder isn't it a trap for America if it is known fact Syria to possess Russian anti-ship missiles. (don't know how many Israel destroyed, but there should be some more underground). What will happen if there are US ships affected by them, may be destroyed. It will be Russian missiles to do that no matter the Syrian would hit the button. US-Russia cold war or what. In all, how about a scenario that Syria uses some advanced unknown weapon and make it a nightmare for either US ships or Turkey, or Israel. There are Iskanders too. Perhaps Syria is not so easy thing to win, let alone 2 day punishment only. I do not discuss the chemical weapons. They Could have been launched by Assad regime. I believe it is possible Assad regime, as well as the opposition, to have used chemical weapons. Neither of them is free of any guilt in that conflict. So apart of the chemical weapons use so far: what is it that Syria could still use against America. S-300 may not be enough even if they have it. Putin said some new weapons were sent unseen in Middle East before.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

The new SeaRAM system installed on US Navy ships is a huge improvement over the CIWS, and in testing at speeds up to Mach 2.5 has hit 10 out of 10 targets, including maneuvering targets. US Navy ships aren't nearly as vulnerable as they once were to Russian anti-ship missiles.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
And the plot thickens. A Russian Il-62 (RA-86570) belonging to the Russian Ministry for Emergency Situations came out of Moldova, around Turkish airspace, into Syria last night. It landed at Lattkia around 0005 GMT, dropped some aids off, and picked up a number of people wanting to return to Moscow, and departed again around 0200 GMT.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
If you ask me Russia will engage, Getting out none essential personal, dropping "aids". Yup, don't the Russians have something like E-4 ( doomsday plane).

Something to see if they are bluffing or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Like I said before we may see a limited retaliation, but not much. Russia doesn't want to get roped into a war, and the US doesn't want a war with Russia.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
If you ask me Russia will engage, Getting out none essential personal, dropping "aids". Yup, don't the Russians have something like E-4 ( doomsday plane).

Something to see if they are bluffing or not.

I dont think Russia will engage. To be honest i think Russia and the US/NATO are actually working together on this.

This is all sepposed to look like a big conflict involving Syria the US and Russia. I think this is just a big political game to put pressure on the Zionists and the Islamic world. The US will some time this week lob in a few cruise missiles to start the conflict between the Islamic world and the Zionst Isreal.

The US have even said its just going to be a small retaliation. But it might ignite a bigger conflict between the Islamic world and Israel.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Perhaps, time will tell I guess, Lets hope the conflict stays in the Region. At this point one doesn't really care who ends the conflict or for what agenda, as long as the people in the middle get out of it.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join