It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fall of the Egyptian Empire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am curious, did Egypt's Golden empire fell when they stopped worshipping their Gods?

They once was a powerful empire I believe. I am curious if the time the Egyptian empire fell there was a decline in their worship of their original Egyptian Gods/Goddess?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

From my understanding the gods that the Egyptians worshipped changed periodically throughout the life of their Empire.

The Structures that they built gradually became less and less advanced as well throughout the life of their empire.

Their demise was a slow one that I don't believe had anything to do with whatever Gods or deities they were worshiping at any given time.

The life of their Empire was lasted between five and eight thousand years, from what I can gather.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It all depends upon which Egyptian empire you mean as there were actually several, but the one that comes to mind for me was the end of the greatest age of Egyptian imperialistic expansion when the Hittite's nearly conquered the Egyptian empire and were only stopped when the Egyptians rallied there forces and inflicted a terrible defeat on there invaders ( The Hittite spoke an Indo European language similar to German and English and are regarded as having come from Europe they also were the first to use Iron weapons which coupled with there militaristic culture gave them a tactical edge over all opponents until they were stopped by the Egyptians and there empire fell from within when there social structure collapsed as there capital city was a formidable fortress ).
en.wikipedia.org...
Even after the treaty they occupied much that had formerly been under Egyptian control and so for the time being the expansion of Egypt was stopped.

Over it's age Egypt was conquered several times by amongst others the Nubian whom had previously been conquered by the Egyptian's though the ancient texts speak of the Egyptian people as red skinned they had several Black pharaoh's under the Nubian Egyptian empire...

edit on 26-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It can be read here. The main reasons for it's decline over time.

Egypt: The End of a Civilisation(BBC)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The rise of many powerful competitors over the later centuries,the over spending by the Ramsides beginning with Ramses the great by the time you got to Ramses IX the empire was in a hot mess,the Kush had separated themselves and with that separation was the lost of the gold mines, The Libyans had taken advantage of the situation and instituted their own dynasty but proved to be so corrupt that the Egyptians aka Kemities asked the Kush to come and restore order,that they did,but a conservative out look on military equipment and innovation was the cause of their ouster by the heavily armored Assyrians with their use of Iron weapon instead of Bronze..from that time on they were mostly under the rule of one West Asian king or another until the Greeks showed up.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I believe the Nubians were the red skinned people talked about.

The modern inhabitants of that area have the most gorgeous skin. Beautiful and radiant.
edit on 27-8-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
no my friend

it took over 500 years for egypt to fall

persia invaded about 525 bc
200 years later alexander entered
300 years later the romans invaded

but the last traditional pharaohs, who practised the traditional religion was the 25th dynasty, ending with taharqa

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by LABTECH767

I believe the Nubians were the red skinned people talked about.

The modern inhabitants of that area have the most gorgeous skin. Beautiful and radiant.
edit on 27-8-2013 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

OK first of all there was no political state called Nubia till after the time of the Romans and then they were mainly referring to the gold producing regions before that the various polities south of Kemet went under names such as Wawat,Irtjet.Kush.Yam,Setju,Ta-seti ..these were all different political entities, it is a good idea to regard all these political entities as some what related in a broad sense as one would do Mesopotamian polities of the same era but different from each other,Kush would impose it's will on all these entities and thus formed an empire in the same way Kemet aka Egypt did, but buried in those names were enemies and allies..I for one is totally against a blanket term Nubia un-less one is referring to the Christian state of a later era.

Issues Concerning the Red and Black Noba.

Inscription of Ezana, King of Axum, c. 325 CE

Through the might of the Lord of All I took the field against the Noba [Nubians] when the people of Noba revolted, when they boasted and "He will not cross over the Takkaze," said the Noba, when they did violence to the peoples Mangurto and Hasa and Barya, and the Black Noba waged war on the Red Noba and a second and a third time broke their oath and without consideration slew their neighbors and plundered our envoys and messengers whom I had sent to interrogate them, robbing them of their possessions and seizing their lances. When I sent again and they did not hear me, and reviled me, and made off, I took the field against them. And I armed myself with the power of the Lord of the Land and fought on the Takkaze at the ford of Kemalke. And thereupon they fled and stood not still, and I pursued the fugitives twenty-three days slaying them and capturing others and taking plunder from them, where I came; while prisoners and plunder were brought back by my own people who marched out; while I burnt their towns, those of masonry and those of straw, and seized their corn and their bronze and the dried meat and the images in their temples and destroyed the stocks of corn and cotton; and the enemy plunged into the river Seda, and many perished in the water, the number I know not, and as their vessels foundered a multitude of people, men and women were drowned. . .

And I arrived at the Kasu [Kush], slaying them and taking others prisoner at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze. And on the day after my arrival I dispatched into the field the troop of Mahaza and the Damawa and Falha and Sera up the Seda against the towns of masonry and of straw; their towns of masonry are called >Alwa, Daro. And they slew and took prisoners and threw them into the water and they returned safe and sound, after they had terrified their enemies and had conquered through the power of the Lord of the Land. And I sent the troop Halen and the troop Laken and the troop Sabarat and Falha and Sera down the Seda against the towns of straw of the Noba and Negues; the towns of masonry of the Kasu which the Noba had taken were Tabito, Fertoti; and they arrived at the territory of the Red Noba, and my people returned safe and sound after they had taken prisoners and slain others and had seized their plunder through the power of the Lord of Heaven. And I erected a throne at the junction of the rivers Seda and Takkaze, opposite the town of masonry which is on this peninsula.
www.fordham.edu...

Black skinned Yorubans Vs Red skinned Dahomeans Western African Forest zone.
In Africa there have always been two descriptions for native Africans by native Africans the Red and the Black.. modern African American color code reflects the same with names like Red Boned or Dark skinned.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

now I know a few redbones. and a couple of yellowbones, too. My niece would be called a redbone.

Regardless, interesting story.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

now I know a few redbones. and a couple of yellowbones, too. My niece would be called a redbone.

Being from Texas maybe you know the classic song the Yellow Rose of Texas was written for one of those high yella girls.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
Egyptians aka Kemities asked the Kush to come and restore order,that they did,

So the Egyptians asked the people of kush whom they regarded as primitive and built several armed forts to keep out to come and restore order haha I don't think so!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
When they switched to monotheism yes there was a huge financial blunder because 80% of the people worked for or received assistance from these areas of worship. People needed to upkeep these places.

Monotheism was brief and the Gods were brought back and they flourished again. I think that's what you're referring to.

Look into: Pharaoh Akhenaten.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure it fell at all...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Being from Texas maybe you know the classic song the Yellow Rose of Texas was written for one of those high yella girls.

I didn't know that.

Out here in West Texas there just aren't enough folks for us to be choosy with racism. So we kind of all blend together (until someone acts stupid, then we all smack them around).

I am gonna have to look into that story. That is rather interesting.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

So the Egyptians asked the people of kush whom they regarded as primitive and built several armed forts to keep out to come and restore order haha I don't think so!

Yes LUXUS they did for at around the 7th century B.C Kush was a very sophisticated state matter of fact Kush was a sophisticated state going back 2000 B.C they were in control of the Birthplace of the God Amun so their rule was regarded as legitimate.

Jebel Barkal Kush the Birth place of God Amun according to the Kemitians

Nubian Rule Over Egypt

The Nubian kings came to rule Egypt as the result of a power struggle between the reigning Egyptian kings in northern Egypt and the powerful priests of Amun in Thebes, a powerful city-state in southern Egypt.

"The priests in Thebes realized they couldn't stop the fighting themselves, so they invited the Nubian king to come to Egypt and restore order," said Adams. "One of the main reasons why Kashta [the Kush king] was willing to take on this role was that he was a puritan; he felt that Egypt had fallen into corrupt and decadent ways, and he had a real mission to restore the worship of Amun.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

forts to keep out nubians!???

that is the most ignorant line ever

there were no nubians at that time
nubian is a collective modern term for the people of the nile...actually the goldness of there skin and land

nubia had 1000s of tribes... including the ruling lines from memphis/abydos/naqqada/nekhen

everyone in AE is today considered nubian... light skinned and dark skinned

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

forts to keep out nubians!???

that is the most ignorant line ever

there were no nubians at that time
nubian is a collective modern term for the people of the nile...actually the goldness of there skin and land

nubia had 1000s of tribes... including the ruling lines from memphis/abydos/naqqada/nekhen

everyone in AE is today considered nubian... light skinned and dark skinned

Keep telling it like it was Pharaoh.. The term Nubia is often used as a lump and dump term,what alot of folks failed to realize is that there were a number of political entities to the south of Kemet some like the Medjay were traditional allies of Kemet others like the Kush were competitors who was able to form a super state matching kemet and superseding it lasting another 1500yrs after Kemet lost it's independence.
For follks who want to ffind out more about Kush plss go here.
The Kermans aka Kush
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Btw I think a thread on Christian Nubia and christian Axum maybe over due..haven't hecked the search function yet though.
edit on 29-8-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Egypt was eventually killed by attack from Nubian/Kush tribes, Assyrians, plague (the plagues spoken about in the bible ie in the time of Moses)

Kush/nubia...in that area was an Egyptian colony and they paid loyal nomadic nubians (the Medjay) there to guard Egyptian asserts from the savages further south who were a continuous pain in the butt, attacking the Egyptian forts and setting them on fire.

"Mentuhotep II (21st century BCE founder of the Middle Kingdom) is recorded to have undertaken campaigns against Kush in the 29th and 31st years of his reign. This is the earliest Egyptian reference to Kush; the Nubian region had gone by other names in the Old Kingdom.

During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (Kush) was an Egyptian colony, from the 16th century BCE governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush."

"Ku#es also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis. With the worshiping of these gods the Ku#es began to take some of the names of the gods as their throne names"

"Egypt suffered a serious defeat at the hands of the Ku#es. According to Davies, head of the joint British Museum and Egyptian archaeological team, the attack was so devastating that if the Kerma forces chose to stay and occupy Egypt, they might have eliminated it for good and brought the nation to extinction. When Egyptian power revived under the New Kingdom (c. 1532–1070 BC) they began to expand further southwards. The Egyptians destroyed Kerma's kingdom and capitol and expanded the Egyptian empire to the Fourth Cataract. By the end of the reign of Thutmose I (1520 BC), all of northern Nubia had been annexed. The Egyptians built a new administrative center at Napata, and used the area to produce gold."

"When the Egyptians pulled out of the Napata region, they left a lasting legacy that was merged with indigenous customs forming the kingdom of Kush. Archaeologists have found several burials in the area which seem to belong to local leaders. The Ku#es were buried there soon after the Egyptians decolonized the Nubian frontier. Kush adopted many Egyptian practices, such as their religion."

edit on 30-8-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Egypt was eventually killed by attack from Nubian/Kush tribes, Assyrians, plague (the plagues spoken about in the bible ie in the time of Moses)

what lolololooll

the "nubian" tribes ruled egypt from king narmer (menes) to taharaq
and the theban line...was a nubian tribe

the ku#e where also a nubian tribe from further south
they were the last traditional horus kings from the nile valley

Kush/nubia...in that area was an Egyptian colony and they paid loyal nomadic nubians (the Medjay) there to guard Egyptian asserts from the savages further south who were a continuous pain in the butt, attacking the Egyptian forts and setting them on fire.

builders= nubian
army = nubian
cults= nubian
pharaoh and the maitrachy = nubian

"Mentuhotep II (21st century BCE founder of the Middle Kingdom) is recorded to have undertaken campaigns against Kush in the 29th and 31st years of his reign. This is the earliest Egyptian reference to Kush; the Nubian region had gone by other names in the Old Kingdom.

i think you need to go brush up on your knowledge about mentuhotep2
his issue was an internal one,amongst local tribes

kush was nubian
so was the whole nile valley

During the New Kingdom of Egypt, Nubia (Kush) was an Egyptian colony, from the 16th century BCE governed by an Egyptian Viceroy of Kush."

tut

kush was ....yes
not nubia

nubia is a modern term....which DOES include the ruling line

only the son of a nubian woman could be a horus king... according to the maitrachal cult

"Ku#es also built burial mounds and pyramids, and shared some of the same gods worshiped in Egypt, especially Ammon and Isis. With the worshiping of these gods the Ku#es began to take some of the names of the gods as their throne names"

ie...tradiitional horus kings!!!!

do you get it yet

"Egypt suffered a serious defeat at the hands of the Ku#es.

no egypt...no nubia

the tribe of the royal line....was defeated by another tribe

all 22 nomes of upper egypt were nubian

According to Davies, head of the joint British Museum and Egyptian archaeological team,

stop right there

thats one person from a line going back 2000 year...trying to understand AE

i thank him for his opinion

but he is as wrong about this ..as our G.Bush was about the ME lol

peace

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

The thing is alot of folks refused to look at Nile valley cultures in it's entirety all the way to the Great lakes, Like they do when studying Mesopotamian or Meso-American complexes and that's why they get confused, The land of Yam would perplex many as a very powerful state in the old kingdom it was believed to be located to the south of Kemet recent findings put it some 600 miles to the west or south on the upper Nile maybe both were true and it was simply a vast state.

Until recently there was strong circumstantial evidence that a trade route linked Dakhla Oasis with the interior of the Libyan Desert via Abu Ballas in pharaonic times. Proof was lacking however that the Ancient Egyptians themselves ventured out into the deep desert. Several researchers expressed their strong belief that this was indeed the case, however I have often challenged them to show a single hieroglyph anywhere in the interior desert outside the vicinities of oases. The Ancient Egyptians, much like the worst of modern day tourists, have invariably left a trace of their passing through grafitti and inscriptions wherever they went. An incredible find by Mark Borda & Mahmoud Marei in December 2008 has finally provided the dramatic and irrefutable proof that Ancient Egyptians did do long range desert travel, leaving an inscription commemorating their visit to Jebel Uweinat some 4000 years ago. I have been one of the privileged few to have seen the actual inscription, the precise location of which is left undisclosed to preserve the surrounding pristine area for future archaeological research.

The inscription is made on the vertical face of a large rock in a prominent position on a hillside. The inscription has been published in detail in Sahara 19 (CLayton, Joseph, Aloisa de Trafford, Mark Borda, A hyeroglyphic Inscription found at Jebel uweinat mentioning Yam and Tekhebet, 2008). The following is a brief description, with a couple of my own thoughts and comments added.

The inscription is composed of three parts, from left to right the seated figure of the King wearing the red crown and holding a staff, followed by the name of the king in a cartouche and the associated royal titulary. On the right there are two separate pieces of text that refer to two "lands" (i.e. the people of these lands) bringing tribute to the king. While the whole scene suggests the two named lands bringing tribute and by implication accepting the overlordship of Mentuhotep, more realistically it commemorates a trading event.

egyptsearchreloaded.proboards.com...

Note Mentuhotep and family had strong relationship with the south although he/they had to be on guard as much as the present day British royals had to be despite being very recent descendants of German royals with whom they non the least fought twu desperate wars with,another analogy is the former Berlin wall that separated families who belonged to two separate states but one could get killed hopping the wall by either side ditto North and South Korea.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Spider879 because: fix

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join