It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunters shoot Whooping Cranes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

WICHITA, Kansas (AP) -- Two of the world's roughly 500 whooping cranes were shot by a group of hunters who said they mistook the endangered birds for sandhill cranes, a U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service agent said.

www.cnn.com...

What a bunch of ashhats.

There is a big difference between whoopers and sandhills. I hope the FWS throws the book at these idiots.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
They probably wanted to kill something soooooooo bad.

I remember one time I went small game hunting with my little brother. We drove up to the South Park by Elevenmile reservoir and hiked up to the top of the closest hill. Dave said he was going down hill a ways and disappeared into the treeline. I watched him go and started my usual daydreaming and cloudwatching. Considerable time passed and I had not heard any game approaching, so I started looking around. I soon spotted a fuzzy critter dancing around on a log. I raised my rifle and took a look through my scope when the fuzzy critter magically turned into the back of my little brothers head. Had I been the bloodthirsty type, my little brother would be dead.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Now that is some major BS, just down the road there is a few nests along a creek that has cranes residing as a family. Is an awsome sight to see such huge birds fly overhead, those people ought to be ashamed.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I raised my rifle and took a look through my scope when the fuzzy critter magically turned into the back of my little brothers head. Had I been the bloodthirsty type, my little brother would be dead.

wwooooaaaaa man!

that would not have been good!

personally i think anyone who has to kill anything for pleasure is both sad and sick!!!

dont get me wrong ive fished for trout and salmon to eat when ive been camping in my youth but not because i liked it.
I live in a country that enjoys throwing spears into bulls,i would personally like to throw spears into the people throwing the spears into the bulls,strip them naked and parade them around are local town,dragged behind a four by four truck!

And i hate it when people say "oh well,its just tradition" ,muppets!

regards (stands down from soap box).

top topics

join