It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Persecution of Christians - End Times Prophecy

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

There's no desperation or myth. It is all facts.

No, it not!

What the heck is that chart? What about the Egyptian Gods? Geesh! Write a thread so we can really get into it and stop derailing this one!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

From Chuck Missler

EVIDENCES OF JESUS CHRIST'S RESURRECTION

"I claim to be an historian. My approach to Classics is historical. And I tell you that the evidence for the life, the death, and the resurrection of Christ is better authenticated than most of the facts of ancient history ..."
- E. M. Blaiklock - Professor of Classics, Auckland University

The Resurrection of Christ is the most powerful event in history. It has affected the last 2000 years of history and politics, from peasants to kings to nations. Christianity has spread across the entire world, into every country and into a vast number of ethnic groups and languages. Billions of people have experienced the life-giving, healing, forgiveness and freedom offered by God because Jesus Christ conquered death and rose again from the grave.

The apostle Paul wrote in 1 Cor 15:12-22 that without the resurrection of Christ, the Christian faith is useless. "And if Christ be not raised," Paul wrote to the Corinthians, "your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."

There are many skeptics who disregard the resurrection of Jesus Christ of Nazareth as a fable. However, the evidence for Jesus' resurrection is extremely strong, even to the point of converting some who sought to disprove it:

The Empty Tomb: Though well-trained Roman soldiers guarded the tomb of Jesus Christ, it was empty 3 days after Jesus' death as Jesus had repeatedly foretold (Matt 12:40, Mark 8:31). The guards had fled (a death penalty offense). The massive stone had been rolled away, and the body was gone – and was never produced by the enemies of the Christians. The linen grave clothes in which the Jews bury their dead were still in the tomb, undisturbed. From the Jewish historian Josephus to a compilation of 5th-century Jewish writings called the "Toledoth Jeshu", even Jewish sources and traditions admit that the tomb was empty. The body was never found.

Living Witnesses: There were a multitude of witnesses who saw Jesus Christ alive after his death. The disciples, the travelers on the road to Emmaus and a number of women all spoke to Jesus alive. Thomas doubted until he was able to put his fingers into Jesus' wounds (John 20:26-27). He later spread the Gospel all the way to India. The apostle Paul tells of 500 people to whom Jesus appeared at one time, most of whom were still alive and available for questioning when Paul wrote his letter (1 Cor 15:6). When several people testify in a courtroom that they witnessed an event, and their accounts are found consistent with each other, their testimony is considered factual information. Jesus Christ was seen alive many times by hundreds of different people over the course of forty days after his death (John 20-21, Acts 1:3).

The Disciples: Christ's followers, who had been fearful and who had run away when Jesus was arrested, were completely changed after the Resurrection and became courageous witnesses. Peter, who had denied knowing Christ when recognized by a simple servant girl, became the powerfully bold leader of those who had seen Christ alive, speaking to the thousands gathered in Jerusalem for the Feast of Shavuot – Pentecost. A person may die for a lie if they do not know it is a lie. But people do not give their lives up and face severe persecution to spread a lie they themselves invented. The fact that the disciples willingly suffered beatings and persecution and death is strong evidence that they had actually witnessed the resurrection they refused to stop telling people about.

Saul of Tarsus: A devoutly religious Pharisee, who persecuted the Church and had Christ's followers thrown in prison, Paul had his life absolutely changed by his encounter with Christ. He became a devoted follower of Christ himself, spreading the Gospel throughout Turkey and Greece in the face of beatings and shipwrecks and imprisonment and, finally, execution.

"If the New Testament were a collection of secular writings, their authenticity would generally be regarded as beyond all doubt." - F. F. Bruce, Manchester University

Skeptics' Arguments Against the Resurrection:

The Hallucination Theory claims that the witnesses who met the resurrected Jesus were all "seeing things" - they were hallucinating. However, this goes against common sense as well as psychological principles. Five hundred people do not all hallucinate the same thing. Jesus appeared to many people at many different times. Also, the body was never produced.

The Swoon Theory argues that Jesus did not die – that he simply fainted from loss of blood and exhaustion. However, this also goes against common sense. The Romans were professionals who severely whipped Jesus, hung him on a cross, and then stabbed him in the side to make sure he was dead.
edit on 8/29/2013 by texastig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

If historians have been trying to hide Jesus from us, they've been doing a really piss-poor job. He's the most well-known person in history with billions upon billions of people who have/had/will worship him as God.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I be surprised if a mod catches that. Most off topic, bashing hateful remarksgo unnotice by most mods. Idk why either.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

It sure is!!!
The chart shows how reliable the Bible is compared to other ancient text. There are no dying and rising Egyptian gods before Jesus.
Write a thread? I was just defending the Bible when TheLotLizard started saying "believing in some imaginary friend in the sky."

You really should go after TheLotLizard for derailing the thread and being the first one off topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Look I said Christ like versions they all have some of the same characteristics however if you want to concentrate on one at a time let us start here.

The sun-god Horus was worshipped nearly 1,000 years before the story of Jesus. Check these parallels:

1.Both were conceived of a virgin.
2.Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)
3.Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.
4.Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.
5.Both foster fathers were of royal descent.
6.Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).
7.Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.
Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).
8.Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.
9.Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).
10.Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.
11.Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".
12.After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
13.To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
14.When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.
15.Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.
Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.
16.Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.
17.Both were baptized at age 30.
18.Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
19.Both Anup and John were later beheaded.
20.Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.
21.Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.
22.Both have 12 disciples.
23.Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.
24.Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."
25.Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave. (Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)
26.Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Bethanu (literally, "house of Anu").
27.Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.
28.Both were crucified.
29.Both were crucified next to two thieves.
30.Both were buried in a tomb.
31.Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).
32.Both had their resurrection announced by women.
33.Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.
34.Horus is known as KRST, the anointed one. Jesus was known as the Christ (which means "anointed one").
35.Both Jesus and Horus have been called the good shepherd, the lamb of God, the bread of life, the son of man, the Word, the fisher, and the winnower.
36.Both are associated with the zodiac sign of Pisces (the fish).
37.Both are associated with the symbols of the fish, the beetle, the vine, and the shepherd's crook.
38.Horus was born in Anu ("the place of bread") and Jesus was born in Bethlehem ("the house of bread").
39."The infant Horus was carried out of Egypt to escape the wrath of Typhon. The infant Jesus was carried into Egypt to escape the wrath of Herod. Concerning the infant Jesus, the New Testament states the following prophecy: 'Out of Egypt have I called my son.'"
40.Both were transfigured on the mount.
41.The catacombs of Rome have pictures of the infant Horus being held by his mother, not unlike the modern-day images of "Madonna and Child."
Noted English author C. W. King says that both Isis and Mary are called "Immaculate".
42.Horus says: "Osiris, I am your son, come to glorify your soul, and to give you even more power." And Jesus says: "Now is the Son of Man glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once."
Horus was identified with the Tau (cross).

There is only one main difference between me and Christians that is I do not believe in one other God (deity) than they do.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

You know I was tracking your line of thought for a bit on that post until you threw in the iluminati again. Don’t you realize that is just another unsubstantiated belief? Well anyway I gave you a star for coming close. There are several different histories and I wouldn’t bet a nickel that any are 100% even 60% truthful. History is written by the victors then rewritten again and again and again then thousands of year’s later people are trying to interpret what the hell it may have actually been or meant.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Your listening to the The Zeitgeist Parallels to much. Watch what Dr. William Lane Craig says.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

He didn’t address any of the parallels except to falsely claim there weren’t any parallels and claimed because one was a Jewish backdrop that the Jews wouldn’t use it. Is he trying to say that Jews wouldn’t have known the Horus myth? Oh the claim about primary source which is dodging the issue then he threw in the word Nazi for good measure.

And for source material here are some samples.

The last thing said in this next video is kind of funny.

If you like I can start another thread where we can debate this. I may do it either way because this can go on forever especialy if you plan on using videos like you just did from someone like him. Shesh.

ETA

Actually there are several threads about Horus=Jesus.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We can continue there.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Craig is being intellectual dishonest, as usual. His argument that Jesus was Jewish and his life and resurrection can't be framed in pagan mythology is BULLOCKS!

All the story of Jesus relates to the Essenes. The Essenes, an elite sect of Judaism had three branches, the Egyptian Therapeutae, the Nazareans who were aligned with the Pythagoreans, and the Ossaeans, of Qumran.

Most probably John the Baptist, who Josephus DOES mention, was an Ossaean Essene from Qumran, while Jesus, if he esisted, was most probably a Nazarene from Mt Carmel. There is little, if any evidence of Nazareth being a city before the 2nd century AD, but Mt Carmel is right there.

Not only was the Jewish religion rich in mysticism, through the Essenes, it's steeped in Egyptian and Greek philosophies as well. Example: Moses, Hermes, Thoth: same character in many ways.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Most are completely unaware that Jesus was not a Jew and that Judaism is not the OT religion that many believe it to be.

This is why the elite are able to use antisemitism as a shield whenever someone gets too close to the truth.

It is very clear that the Bible is NOT a Jewish book...

There is also no such thing as Judeo-Christianity.

Judaism is in reality the antithesis of Christianity.

Those unaware of these facts have been duped:

"Many countries, including the United States have already fallen for our scheming. But the Christian Church is still alive...We must destroy it without the least delay and without the slightest mercy. Most of the Press in the world is under our Control; let us therefore encourage in a still more violent way the hatred of the world against the Christian Church. Let us intensify our activities in poisoning the morality of the Gentiles. Let us spread the spirit of revolution in the minds of the people.

They must be made to despise Patriotism and the love of their family, to consider their faith as a humbug, their obedience to their Christ as a degrading servility, so that they become deaf to the appeal of the Church and blind to her warnings against us. Let us, above all, make it impossible for Christians to be reunited, or for non-Christians to join the Church; otherwise the greatest obstruction to our domination [Christianity] will be strengthened and all our work undone. Our plot will be unveiled, the Gentiles will turn against us, in the spirit of revenge, and our domination over them will never be realized.

Let us remember that as long as there still remain active enemies of the Christian Church, we may hope to become Master of the World...And let us remember always that the future Jewish King [the antichrist] will never reign in the world before Christianity is overthrown..."

Judaic speeches at B'nai B'rith in 1936

More in another post here.

The late Rabbi Stephen F. Wise, formerly the Chief Rabbi of the United States said, "The return from Babylon and the introduction of the Babylonian Talmud mark the end of Hebrewism and the beginning of Judaism."

The learned Rabbi was correct in distinguishing the true religion of the Old Testament as Hebrewism for it was the religion of the real Hebrews, who were not Jews at all. Judaism, the religion of the Jews, is as the learned Rabbi says, based upon the Babylonian Talmud, which contains the supposed oral law. It was never reduced to writing as part of the Bible. This oral law gradually gained greater force among the Jews than the written law in the Bible, with which it often conflicted in Jesus' day, the Babylonian Talmud was known as the Tradition of the Elders.

This was the religion of the Jews. As the learned Rabbi Stephen F. Wise said, Judaism was distinguished from Hebrewism, the real religion of the Old Testament. Certainly Christianity took nothing from any Jewish religion for we have never taken any part of Christianity from the Talmud. Well then, can it be said we got our Bible or our religion of Christianity from men of the Jewish race? No, it cannot.

The Bible is not a Jewish Book

edit on 30-8-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

You guys keep putting the same bogus arguments out there, that have been debunked time and time again. When are you guys going to admit that your beliefs rest on faith and faith alone? There is NO evidence, outside of the Bible that proves the existence of the Biblical character of Jesus.

Sadly, that statement makes it painfully obvious how completely out of touch with reality most are.

While perhaps true that most peoples beliefs rest on faith alone, it is NOT true for everyone.

As an atheist whose faith began with undeniable supernatural encounters with God, I am just one example of MANY.

Experiences such as these completely annihilate your argument.

Experience ALWAYS trumps knowledge.

FYI: one day you WILL know the difference between truth and "bogus arguments".

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Most are completely unaware that Jesus was not a Jew and that Judaism is not the OT religion that many believe it to be.

You are so out of touch, living in your paranoid reality, that any semblance of a practical discussion with you is out of the question.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Reply to_@_TheLotLizard

Response by the EstimatedProphet of the Lord of the skies, heaven (space) and of the earth; (elements)

So people who believe that they either came from monkey's, tadpoles and Sh!t are considered normal?

So who is considered mentally-ill and retarded by the systematic brain-washing they teach at school?

How about going over to the "Zoo" and taking-out one of your brothers from their cage and taking him home with you to help you on your homework and school test, accept, please Do Not go over to Compton California cause does brothers will give you a huge "Banana," if you know what I mean!

(No Disrespect to you folks, just adding a little humor!)

Anyways, seriously, do you actually believe in this evolution "theory" crap?

Because if it where true, why are not apes evolving anymore and why did we stop evolving as will...What I am trying to say is logical sense. Man should have already grown some fins to swim like fishes, O'h shoyt, I forgot, mermaids and whales are considered to be our ancestors too, "right?"

Look @ these cuties. This image makes me "just wish" that I had evolved some "gills" in-order to breath underwater because I Loooove fish! ; )

But, anyways I have always been wanting to fly like a bird and I still have not developed and/or evolved any wings and I'm also broke, so I can't even afford a F*king plane ticket, should I call Darwin and let him know that their is a "glitch in the Matrix?"

I then finally came to realize that if I couldn't evolve, then my human instinct was to just design the damn thing myself to help me fly...

Unfortunately for me, I still don't have the money or recourses to build this apparatus, so I gave the idea over to the government authorities for an even greater purpose!

That is for their "elite soldiers" to avoid destruction prior to the asteroid strike here on earth. Pretty cool huh..!

I mean what a coincidence that an asteroid that destroyed the dinosaurs will also destroy the known modern world which we are living in today!!!

Sincerely yours for a limited time only,

EstimatedProphet

"Oh, and I forgot to mention that dinosaurs are still with us today in the planet, they are just smaller and they crawl on their bellies, "just like the bible mentions" and they are also known as serpents, reptiles and lizards and Ninja Turtles, Oh no, those "ninjas are the guards from the world state prisons!!!"

edit on 30-8-2013 by estimatedprophet because: "Because toktaylor Doesn't know $h!t!"

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The pursecution of christians and end times prophecy is you just using "selective perception". At one time or another during different era there have been "pursecution" of christians. This is because religion's rule and lifestyle oftentimes causes conflict with natural lifestyle and common sense. As to these so called prophesies.."believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by estimatedprophet

"Oh, and I forgot to mention that dinosaurs are still with us today in the planet, they are just smaller and they crawl on their bellies, "just like the bible mentions" and they are also known as serpents, reptiles and lizards, etcetera!!!"

You forgot the most important part (based on the bible)...THEY CAN TALK!!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Craig is being intellectual dishonest, as usual. His argument that Jesus was Jewish and his life and resurrection can't be framed in pagan mythology is BULLOCKS!

All the story of Jesus relates to the Essenes. The Essenes, an elite sect of Judaism had three branches, the Egyptian Therapeutae, the Nazareans who were aligned with the Pythagoreans, and the Ossaeans, of Qumran.

Most probably John the Baptist, who Josephus DOES mention, was an Ossaean Essene from Qumran, while Jesus, if he esisted, was most probably a Nazarene from Mt Carmel. There is little, if any evidence of Nazareth being a city before the 2nd century AD, but Mt Carmel is right there.

Not only was the Jewish religion rich in mysticism, through the Essenes, it's steeped in Egyptian and Greek philosophies as well. Example: Moses, Hermes, Thoth: same character in many ways.

The essenes weren't elite they were outcast and probably rebellious . They left israel of Palestine because the jews were sucking up to Hellenistic ways.
edit on 30-8-2013 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Nonsense.

The Works of Flavius Josephus
Translated by William Whiston

Book II. Chapter 8.

2. For there are three philosophical sects among the Jews. The followers of the first of which are the Pharisees; of the second, the Sadducees; and the third sect, which pretends to a severer discipline, are called Essenes. These last are Jews by birth, and seem to have a greater affection for one another than the other sects have.

They have no one certain city, but many of them dwell in every city; and if any of their sect come from other places, what they have lies open for them, just as if it were their own; and they go in to such as they never knew before, as if they had been ever so long acquainted with them. For which reason they carry nothing at all with them when they travel into remote parts, though still they take their weapons with them, for fear of thieves. Accordingly, there is, in every city where they live, one appointed particularly to take care of strangers, and to provide garments and other necessaries for them.

11. For their doctrine is this: That bodies are corruptible, and that the matter they are made of is not permanent; but that the souls are immortal, and continue for ever; and that they come out of the most subtile air, and are united to their bodies as to prisons, into which they are drawn by a certain natural enticement; but that when they are set free from the bonds of the flesh, they then, as released from a long bondage, rejoice and mount upward. And this is like the opinions of the Greeks, that good souls have their habitations beyond the ocean, in a region that is neither oppressed with storms of rain or snow, or with intense heat, but that this place is such as is refreshed by the gentle breathing of a west wind, that is perpetually blowing from the ocean; while they allot to bad souls a dark and tempestuous den, full of never-ceasing punishments.

And indeed the Greeks seem to me to have followed the same notion, when they allot the islands of the blessed to their brave men, whom they call heroes and demi-gods; and to the souls of the wicked, the region of the ungodly, in Hades, where their fables relate that certain persons, such as Sisyphus, and Tantalus, and Ixion, and Tityus, are punished; which is built on this first supposition, that souls are immortal; and thence are those exhortations to virtue and dehortations from wickedness collected; whereby good men are bettered in the conduct of their life by the hope they have of reward after their death; and whereby the vehement inclinations of bad men to vice are restrained, by the fear and expectation they are in, that although they should lie concealed in this life, they should suffer immortal punishment after their death. These are the Divine doctrines of the Essens (6) about the soul, which lay an unavoidable bait for such as have once had a taste of their philosophy.

ancienthistory.about.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

A essay on comparison, the essenes talked against the greeks. No matter if beliefs have similarities

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join