It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Persecution of Christians - End Times Prophecy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Jesus also said the kingdom of heaven lies within.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a perfect example of what I describe in my above post.

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by lupodigubbio
I though martyrdom was a good thing for Christians. You get to reign with Christ a 1000 years and get all kinds of goodies like crowns and iron scepters to break nations like clay pots. Why are you complaining?

Furthermore, how many Heretics/Pagans/Witches/Homosexuals/Blasphemers/Atheists and random people has Christianity persecuted and destroyed? Countless.

Karma is a bitch. You reap what you sow. Even God must obey his own laws, this the real reason you are being persecuted and he/it lets it happen. Y'all deserve it.
edit on 27-8-2013 by lupodigubbio because: typo

Ok, so you are eternal, reborn, new and alive and I am like the animals of the earth, that think and act like animals of the earth. You deserve eternal life while I deserve eternal death and punishment.

Got it, you are better than I am.

Keep preaching separation and that's exactly what you will get.
edit on 27-8-2013 by lupodigubbio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenityYou will fit in quite nicely in the New World Order and I will enjoy meeting you one day. God does love you and have a plan for your life whether you know it and accept it or not.

Ah the ol' "God's Plan" logic.

God has a plan for everyone, and all things that happen are according to god's plan...

... but we have free will...

You can't have a predestined plan, and free will at the same time. One means that all your actions, thoughts, etc are already set in stone prior to your birth, which means that NOTHING you do in your life is of your own volition.

Ergo, either "God" makes people who won't follow his rules, just for the thrill of being able to punish them, or there is no plan.

Oh and if Christianity gets marked as a mental illness, then ALL THE RELIGIONS WILL BE.

Also - complaining about a loss of churches in a war torn country, saying that it's because of a prediction in the bible, is being intellectually dishonest.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Oh man I forgot. Dinosaurs, Unicorns, the arc and god. There has to be a joke in there.

I find it odd that the least persecuted religious group cry's so much about it. Well maybe Buddhists are less persecuted then again maybe not.

Doesn't the bible say they will be persecuted so what's the deal? They look forward to the end of times go figure.

Buddhists have been persecuted for thousands of years already by Islam. There's regions of Pakistan where the local folklore about the statues of Buddha is that the statue is a demon locked in stone by allah.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by th3dudeabides
reply to post by Fromabove

Jesus also said the kingdom of heaven lies within.

This is true, and it is the difference between eternal life and destruction. The Adamic race of this world doesn't have the kingdom of God within. They are only flesh and blood creatures. We who are reborn through Christ are God's children and will never die as they will when this universe ceases to exist.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I though martyrdom was a good thing for Christians. You get to reign with Christ a 1000 years and get all kinds of goodies like crowns and iron scepters to break nations like clay pots. Why are you complaining?

Furthermore, how many Heretics/Pagans/Witches/Homosexuals/Blasphemers/Atheists and random people has Christianity persecuted and destroyed? Countless.

Karma is a bitch. You reap what you sow. Even God must obey his own laws, this the real reason you are being persecuted and he/it lets it happen. Y'all deserve it.

Ok, so you are eternal, reborn, new and alive and I am like the animals of the earth, that think and act like animals of the earth. You deserve eternal life while I deserve eternal death and punishment.

Yes, we are two separate human beings. You hate me because I am not as you are. You find fault with me and others like me because we will not say that you are like us. I never said I was better that you just different. Perhaps one day before there is no longer the chance to, perhaps you will know the truth and be reborn. But if you hate God because you love this world and because you want to do as you please unhindered from the will of God, than you will go the way of this world and it is coming to and end.

If I say that you and the people who reject even the notion of God that you are as the animals of the earth, it is not to mean that you are animals of the earth. You have intellect and will, but you don't have eternal life in you. You cannot continue beyond this physical life form. You need to be reborn to do that and only then will you not belong to this lost world any longer.

The Christian and the old natural human are not the same. And so you know, it doesn't mean that I have hate for you or think I'm better than you, only different than you are, if you are not of God.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Yes, we are two separate human beings. You hate me because I am not as you are. You find fault with me and others like me because we will not say that you are like us. I never said I was better that you just different. Perhaps one day before there is no longer the chance to, perhaps you will know the truth and be reborn. But if you hate God because you love this world and because you want to do as you please unhindered from the will of God, than you will go the way of this world and it is coming to and end.

If I say that you and the people who reject even the notion of God that you are as the animals of the earth, it is not to mean that you are animals of the earth. You have intellect and will, but you don't have eternal life in you. You cannot continue beyond this physical life form. You need to be reborn to do that and only then will you not belong to this lost world any longer.

The Christian and the old natural human are not the same. And so you know, it doesn't mean that I have hate for you or think I'm better than you, only different than you are, if you are not of God.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

Lol You know a lot about me, including the status of my spirituality, my current standing with God and even the full scoop on the future of my spirit...oh wait, I don't have one. I an organic portal. I am the tare. At least one of us gets to be the wheat! Congrats!
Also, don't hate you at all, actually, I love you in some strange way and everyone else who considers themselves my enemies (like someone else we've read about wink wink) I just find it odd that you don't understand the most basic laws of the universe, the law of retribution or Karma. If that is too pagan of a term think of it as reaping what you sow. It's very simple really, you are hated because you hate. You are persecuted because you persecute. You are judged because you judge.

Speaking of judgement, you will be judged with the same measure you judge me. Read your post above and figure it out. You might not be so safe after all!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

frankly, they should move out of such regions and practice their faith peacefully elsewhere rather than in an intolerant muslim region.

2 cents

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenityYou will fit in quite nicely in the New World Order and I will enjoy meeting you one day. God does love you and have a plan for your life whether you know it and accept it or not.

Ah the ol' "God's Plan" logic.

God has a plan for everyone, and all things that happen are according to god's plan...

... but we have free will...

You can't have a predestined plan, and free will at the same time. One means that all your actions, thoughts, etc are already set in stone prior to your birth, which means that NOTHING you do in your life is of your own volition.

Ergo, either "God" makes people who won't follow his rules, just for the thrill of being able to punish them, or there is no plan.

Oh and if Christianity gets marked as a mental illness, then ALL THE RELIGIONS WILL BE.

Also - complaining about a loss of churches in a war torn country, saying that it's because of a prediction in the bible, is being intellectually dishonest.

umm u can..

see.. u can say to everyone.. ok u all, u know how to behave, im going away for a while, take care of eachother in my abscence and dont be wicked to one another. resist the temptation to x and x and y and z.

but everyone has free will, some will try to obey and some wont try to obey, some will outright disobey with total disregard.

and God has a plan, in anticipation of the wicked, that they will receive punishment.. and those who tried will receive reward.

so yes it can be all part of God's plan while maintaining each individual's free will to do evil or good as they so choose to do. the choice is yours.

death is not punishment from God, the flesh is meant to die. the spirit is eternal. God controls the assigning of Life itself. but life does not mean a body. it means living and conscious. those who die for his sake will be replenished.

believe or dont believe.. all your choice.. free will assured.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is an article written by an atheist about atheist.

Attention, I didn't write this article, it was written by an atheist.

The reason I am posting this is because I have noticed atheist become more radical, however what I have learned is they are NOT ALL atheist, many are on line purposely to trash Christianity, to further their agenda.

In fact, I think the vast majority are not atheist.

The way I look at it, it isn't much different then racism, if you are an atheist who constantly attacks Christians are you part of the problem, are you inciting HATRED?

Brendan O'Neill

When did atheists become so teeth-gratingly annoying? Surely non-believers in God weren't always the colossal pains in the collective backside that they are today? Surely there was a time when you could say to someone "I am an atheist" without them instantly assuming you were a smug, self-righteous loather of dumb hicks given to making pseudo-clever statements like, "Well, Leviticus also frowns upon having unkempt hair, did you know that?" Things are now so bad that I tend to keep my atheism to myself, and instead mumble something about being a very lapsed Catholic if I'm put on the spot, for fear that uttering the A-word will make people think I'm a Dawkins drone with a mammoth superiority complex and a hives-like allergy to nurses wearing crucifixes.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

From the article,
The atheist meme site,
www.atheistmemebase.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup

frankly, they should move out of such regions and practice their faith peacefully elsewhere rather than in an intolerant muslim region.

2 cents

Common sense would say move, but let's look at this logically. These people have lived in this area for many hundreds of years. So, what are we to do if Muslims become militant in America? Are we supposed to leave Dearborn Michigan because the police and court won't uphold the constitutional laws there?

Michigan Judge: Fear of Muslim violence in Dearborn trumps U.S. Constitution

Michigan Judge and jury declare that Dearborn Muslims are so violent, that the Constitutional right to freedom of speech must be set aside for everyone’s safety. American Pastor jailed for planning protest on public land. America: Meet Sharia, the new top law of the land. Original story published April 22, 2011…

Should Qur’an burning pastor be denied freedom of speech? Florida pastor Terry Jones is in Michigan at this moment looking to hold a peaceful protest across from the largest mosque in the USA, the Islamic Center of America in Dearborn.

The local police want him to put up $100,000 bond in case the Muslims riot and commit other violence and damage. Jones refused and says it’s a Constitutional right to peacefully protest, and he’s scheduled the protest on Good Friday at 5pm. He says he’s protesting against terrorists, not all Muslims, and that no matter what his opinions are it’s not his problem if a sector of the community is prone to violence over his free speech.

The judge gave Jones the choice of putting up the money or a jury trial right now. Jones took the trial and that’s set to go on Friday morning. Maybe. Jones says the trial itself is not Constitutional and it’s a ploy to keep him from his right to free speech. He’ll be at the mosque at 5pm trial or no trial, he says.

I might not like some Christians methods, but holding up a sign and talking is not against the law no matter how mad it gets some people like the Muslim community of Dearborn Michigan. Many see Sharia law coming and should we just shut up and let it happen? Muslims evangelize and can you imagine if Christians attacked them for it?

Assault and battery for walking with a sign in America!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Buddhists have been persecuted for thousands of years already by Islam. There's regions of Pakistan where the local folklore about the statues of Buddha is that the statue is a demon locked in stone by allah.

You know what? I am talking about AMERICANS being harassed for free speech in AMERICA. I don't like and am horrified at the treatment of Tibetans and Buddhists in other countries, but I cannot do anything but pray for them. I am an American. I am watching our rights being taken away at every turn. When the laws are applied like this to the causes you care about and they use the precedence of attacking Christians then what will you do?

Apparently, you will say it happens to Buddhists in China! That is just ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

You know what? I am talking about AMERICANS being harassed for free speech in AMERICA.

I thought this thread was about Christians being persecuted in the Middle East?

I mean the title even says "worldwide" persecution.

edit on 27-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Back in1977, my youthpastor told me "in10 years, Christians will be persecuted in America". I though he was nuts. Persecution, here?

His timing was off, but he was right.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

unfortunately i am not the ones making the decisions. but this what you have pointed out in michigan would have been dealt with under my stead.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You know what? I am talking about AMERICANS being harassed for free speech in AMERICA.

I thought this thread was about Christians being persecuted in the Middle East?

I mean the title even says "worldwide" persecution.

You may not have noticed that the conversation has covered a lot of ground.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I think you're confusing this thread with your other thread about the man being arrested for preaching at the DMV. This thread doesn't have to do with free speech, the other one does.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I think you're confusing this thread with your other thread about the man being arrested for preaching at the DMV. This thread doesn't have to do with free speech, the other one does.

Obviously, you missed the part of the OP about fundamental Christians being labelled mentally ill. That is an American issue. I know it's a wide ranging subject, but it is not just about foreigners.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I didn't realize Christians only lived in America. Why not title the thread "American Persecution of Christians" instead of "Worldwide" in that case?

I still think you confused your threads. It's all good, I've done the same thing before, no big deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think it's a worldwide attack on Christians. I don't mean every country is attacking us, it's that they turn a blind eye. Yes, other groups get ignored too like the Tibetans, but I see an alarming increase in the activities. In America is about keeping us in our place and quiet, some arrests etc, but in other countries it all out murder and cleansing of the "nasty" infidels.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join