It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Persecution of Christians - End Times Prophecy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The Bible refers to many the common animals we know today. The list includes lions, wolves, bears, sheep, cattle and dogs along with various kinds of birds, rodents, reptiles, and insects. What is interesting is that this extensive list includes three animals that we no longer recognize. These three are (in the original Hebrew language) tanniyn, b@hemowth (yes, it’s spelled correctly—at least as close as we can get in Roman characters), and livyathan.

Although we alter the spelling of behemoth and Leviathan slightly, we still use those same words in bibles today. However, tanniyn is always translated into another word when we write it in English. Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.”

That is supposed to equate to proof of dinosaurs in the Bible???????

You have to be joking. Three words from your source

tanniyn, behemoth, and Leviathan.
equates to crazy, insane, and nutz.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

What creature had a tail like a cedar tree?

I think we all know the answer to that.

I was asked for one scriptural proof. I gave it. You don't like it or believe it matter not a whit to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

If I was superman id love to jump on in there and start busting heads, but im just an atheist. There isn't jack #&$^ any of us can do to prevent people who already have a prophecy of their own destruction which they gleefully cheer on.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

If I was superman id love to jump on in there and start busting heads, but im just an atheist. There isn't jack #&$^ any of us can do to prevent people who already have a prophecy of their own destruction which they gleefully cheer on.

Two people Jesus loves very much.

The faithful, and Atheists.

It's the one's who waffle about in the middle undecided that are in trouble.

Mike

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
That is supposed to equate to proof of dinosaurs in the Bible??????? You have to be joking.

I don't seem to recall ever mentioning the word proof...

This IS a discussion board remember?

Not a courtroom.

Lighten up, the world is NOT out to get you, YET...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was raised in the church, and a pretty staunch believer for about half of my life. The church left me, the church continued their hate that they had spewed for 2000 years. The christian church is full of hypocrits that are outed daily, and history doesn't speak much in their favor. I have no problem believing that there is something larger than I in the universe, but the christian church is not it. Stop pounding on my front door you idiots.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I don't know where you got all that from my response, but lets make things a little clearer, shall we?

First. Nowhere did I deny that persecution of Christians happens. But lets get real. Christians are least persecuted and brutalized religion on the planet. Yet they are the first to blow it way out of proportion, so that it fits with prophecy.

Second. I already stated I do not approve of beating or killing anyone because of their faith. Nowhere did I suggest a solution such as you mentioned. Utterly ridiculous. And I certainly don't see Christians crying any tears for the muslims that have been murdered for and by their religion. Why? Simple. They're heathens by Christian standards. So the sooner you get rid of them, or convert them, the better. Right?

And lastly, it always amazes me how much some Christians cry and whine about the minimal amount of persecution there is, when their own bible tells them to expect it, and rejoice in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Don't you know that this is all planned beforehand? Christianity is the biggest religion in the world and has been a huge part in pacifying people for thousands of years. Why WOULDN'T they try to fulfill "prophecy"? That's the only way they'll get support for the war they want.

War is supposed to break out before Jesus comes back, and the best way for TPTB to have support for their wars is to clothe it in biblical prophecy. This is all self-fulfilling, and people who think it's god's work or word are only part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

There are Unicorns.......

and Satyrs.....

in the Bible too. They're named.

Behemoth and Leviathan are legendary monsters. The Epic of Gilgamesh has a giant dragon that guarded the great Cedar Forest. Maybe that was really a dinosaur!

And, haven't we seen these end time scenarios before? The Jewish Wars, Roman debauchery

Matthew 24
16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

The Crusades against the conquering Muslims? Wars that the Catholic Church waged against Christians who didn't kow tow to Papal creed, "Wars and rumors of war" all throughout Europe and Asia.

And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

..... The conquering of the Americas and the slaughter of the native and indigenous people everywhere?! World War I, World War II, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Korea, Vietnam.........are you seeing a pattern?

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Jesus tells us that when we see things we should rejoice, because the "end is near"....

But, I ask you, how long is a generation? How long do Christians, or anyone else, sit back and allow these things to unfold, happy and complicit, because "the end is near"?

The Bible is a handbook, a blue print for control and manipulation. Our governments are playing religions, pitting them against each other, because religious people think it's suppose to happen, to them, in their life time. It's a perpetual game.

Wake up and shake off your invisible shackles of persecution!

reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Like minds!

edit on 26-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Don't you know that this is all planned beforehand? Christianity is the biggest religion in the world and has been a huge part in pacifying people for thousands of years. Why WOULDN'T they try to fulfill "prophecy"? That's the only way they'll get support for the war they want.

War is supposed to break out before Jesus comes back, and the best way for TPTB to have support for their wars is to clothe it in biblical prophecy. This is all self-fulfilling, and people who think it's god's work or word are only part of the problem.

The people that think that are 100% of the problems. What we are seeing in the middle east today is nothing more than the tribal wars from 10K years ago, they just have a new face and a new cause.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
I was raised in the church, and a pretty staunch believer for about half of my life. The church left me, the church continued their hate that they had spewed for 2000 years. The christian church is full of hypocrits that are outed daily, and history doesn't speak much in their favor. I have no problem believing that there is something larger than I in the universe, but the christian church is not it. Stop pounding on my front door you idiots.

Just because you had idiots in your church does not mean the truth of the word is at fault. I bet you work for a living and did not hold your co-workers up to that standard since all those hypocrites in church work usually as well. This is just an excuse. Name one false thing in the bible. Most of the people I come across who say the bible is full of lies don't really know what it says. Most have never really studied on their own, but simply realized the preachers were full of dogma and teaching traditions rather than the bible line upon line and precept upon precept. They traded the truth for comfortable lies.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm not so sure about this.

Think of the entire timeline of Christianity and you'll see that in relation to some of the times in history, this could be considered a lull in persecution...of course, you could say it's not too, but did they not think the end times were upon us 2000 years ago 1000 years ago 50 odd years ago. If you take a long view of history, you'll see what I mean.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Name one false thing in the bible.

I know you didn't ask me, but I'll take the liberty to answer it.

Romans 13
4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

This is patently false, authorities and governments do not work for the greater good, only for the good of themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

Just because you had idiots in your church does not mean the truth of the word is at fault. I bet you work for a living and did not hold your co-workers up to that standard since all those hypocrites in church work usually as well. This is just an excuse. Name one false thing in the bible. Most of the people I come across who say the bible is full of lies don't really know what it says. Most have never really studied on their own, but simply realized the preachers were full of dogma and teaching traditions rather than the bible line upon line and precept upon precept. They traded the truth for comfortable lies.

You don't know me, I have tried the Roman church, and several other denominations. I have read several versions of the bible cover to cover, and know it better than my fundamentalist step siblings. I don't believe the bible is full of lies, it has some very good parables and points to be made. That being said, they have stolen many things from other beliefs, Christ was not born on Christmas, how is that for a lie. The book is not the word of God, it was put together in the 400's by man, read your history. And as far as lies, read the first chapter of Genesis, nothing but lies, and verbal tradition handed down by man, nothing holy their, and proved wrong many times over. 7 days my fat white behind. You want to debate, bring your brain, not the book, I have probably read more of it than you have.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I responded angrily in the last post, but one point in my statement is absolutely correct, I have read several versions of the bible. If this is the word of god, why are there several versions?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Name one false thing in the bible.

I know you have an affinity for videos. I found this one funny hope you do as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

The book is not the word of God, it was put together in the 400's by man, read your history. And as far as lies, read the first chapter of Genesis, nothing but lies, and verbal tradition handed down by man, nothing holy their, and proved wrong many times over. 7 days my fat white behind. You want to debate, bring your brain, not the book, I have probably read more of it than you have.

So you actually BELIEVE what "history" tells you which has been shown time after time to have been purposely falsified and yet at the same time you REFUSE to believe a book that is scientifically impossible to have been man made.

There is ONLY one possible reason that people can believe all this...

Because of the deliberate lies that all of us have been fed by religion, education, science, and media, etc. which have ALL become Illuminati mind control tools.

These lies have effectively BLINDED you to truth along with the vast majority of people in the world.

The fulfillment of prophecy in the Bible is irrefutable proof that the Bible is in FACT divinely inspired.

The laws of probability have PROVEN that the Bible is a construction of God and show that it is a complete impossibility that any man could have thought it up.

The Bible is proven as the word of God by the fulfillment of Bible prophesies. It is mathematically impossible for all of these prophesies to have just happened by chance. This proves that the people that wrote the Bible were inspired by God, for only God could accurately foretell the future, in detail 100% of the time, and at the same time encourage mankind to obey Him.

Source

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"All this illustrates why it is absolutely impossible for anyone to have fulfilled the Messianic prophecies by chance. In fact, a leading authority on the probability theory, Emile Borel states that once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur."

LINK

"...once we go past one chance in 10 to the 50th power, the probabilities are so small it's impossible to think they will ever occur....Mathematicians generally agree that, statistically, any odds beyond 1 in 1050 have a zero probability of ever happening.... This is Borel's law in action which was derived by mathematician Emil Borel....

Here is one last illustration of the immensity of the number 10 to the 157th power and why the science of probability shows we are dealing with the miraculous… Imagine one ant traveling at the speed of only one inch every 15 billion years. If he could only carry one atom at a time, how many atoms could he move in 10 to the 157th power of years?

He would, even at that incredibly slow speed, be able to move all the atoms in 600,000 trillion trillion trillion trillion universes the size for our universe, a distance of 30 billion light years! Again, by the laws of probability, all of this means that it is simply impossible for 48 prophecies to be fulfilled by chance. LINK

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So you actually BELIEVE what "history" tells you which has been shown time after time to have been purposely falsified and yet at the same time you REFUSE to believe a book that is scientifically impossible to have been man made.

You tell everyone that history has been falsified yet neglect to realize that you take biblical history as fact. Ironic.

I'm guessing you're basing the man made possibility of the bible off of prophecy? That's like saying its scientifically impossible for a time capsule to be opened at the time of the maker's request, then calling the maker of the time capsule a prophet when it is opened on the date he requested.

Guess what, the creator of the time capsule left a blueprint on how and when to open it.

Because of the deliberate lies that all of us have been fed by religion, education, science, and media, etc. which have ALL become Illuminati mind control tools.

Yet you believe everything the --religion-- of Christianity teaches.

What's something Christianity teaches that you don't believe?

You'll ignore my question because you can't answer it.

edit on 26-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I know you have an affinity for videos. I found this one funny hope you do as well.

It NEVER ceases to amaze me when ever someone on a conspiracy forum cites a MSM source and expects to be taken seriously...

How in the world can people be so gullible that they actually BELIEVE what the mass media propaganda is telling them?

It's been shown countless times on ATS that the MSM is the most powerful tool used by the elite to manipulate the masses and yet people STILL listen to what they say.

WHY for crying out loud?!

When will people ever learn to believe the OPPOSITE of what propaganda is saying?

WHEN will people realize that everything in the mainstream apparatus is agenda driven?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Nothing is more mainstream than the bible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join