It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Long List of What We Know Thanks to Private Manning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

A Long List of What We Know Thanks to Private Manning

www.thenation.com

The debate in the media, and in political circles over Edward Snowden—Right or Wrong—often doubles back on references to Pfc. Manning, who was sentenced to thirty-five years in prison on Wednesday. Too often (that is, most of the time), the value and import of the Manning/WikiLeaks disclosures are ignored or dismissed, just as Snowden’s NSA scoops are often derided as “nothing new.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Hero is the only word I can think of.

What do you do when you see that the world around you is breaking apart? That the system does not work and only benefits certain groups? That it does not exist to protect the weak, but empower the wealthy?

What happens to you when you act with honor and integrity and everything inside of you tells you that your employer is committing serious crimes against humanity, including its own citizens?

Do you continue as if nothing is going on or do you decide to follow your conscience and expose it all at the risk of losing your own freedoms and privileges?

That is exactly what Manning and Snowden did. They gave up their lives to inform all of us. And that is an act of courage, regardless whether you are in favor or not.

www.thenation.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't know what they did to that dude but man.... to make a man want to become a woman, it must have been horrible. No offense ladies im just saying they are using some serious mind washing material on him.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yup im a supporter of manning too.

Was he wrong to break laws he swore to uphold? yes

should he be given respect for standing up against human rights violations that are not only known, but continue? yes

Did he do it to make his country worse or to endanger it? no

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Yup im a supporter of manning too.

Was he wrong to break laws he swore to uphold? yes

should he be given respect for standing up against human rights violations that are not only known, but continue? yes

Did he do it to make his country worse or to endanger it? no

He did the right thing by letting the country know that the us has broken laws. I give him a pat on the back. At least he has one.

Manning

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
When the truth becomes treason, its obvious what has happened.

I support Manning.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

When the truth becomes treason, its obvious what has happened

Nothing more to add really...you said it all. What gets to me the most is these crazy parrots constantly citing how he broke his oath...

I don't give a sh** for your hypocritical oaths you ass****s. First and only oath worth taking...is one towards the truth.

If we care not for the truth...we are truly lost.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Exactly right mate.

You can sign what you like, but when human rights and basic world laws are broken daily if you do not speak up about it you might as well be the one doing it.

I could sign a piece of paper that states no matter what my friend does, i will never speak. He then kills my family in front of me. But its okay everyone! The only person to see it was me and i signed that paper, so it never happened. right? *Yeah totally legit
edit on 27-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
I don't know what they did to that dude but man.... to make a man want to become a woman, it must have been horrible. No offense ladies im just saying they are using some serious mind washing material on him.

Maybe that is the secret punishment, turn him into a woman....

We will never know until the next Manning releases it, but then he might just say "F that" knowing that would be his fate too...Sounds like a pretty good deterrent.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
When the truth becomes treason, its obvious what has happened.

I support Manning.

I fail to see "treason" anywhere in this list below for most of it is intelligence on other countries. I do see things that I would not want the world to know about being an American and all. If we want to play games lets have ALL countries expose their secrets too that way we could get a true measure of reality.

• Yemeni president lied to his own people, claiming his military carried out air strikes on militants actually done by the US. All part of giving US full rein in country against terrorists.

• Details on Vatican hiding big sex abuse cases in Ireland.

• US tried to get Spain to curb its probes of Gitmo torture and rendition.

• Egyptian torturers trained by FBI—although allegedly to teach the human rights issues.

• State Dept. memo: US-backed 2009 coup in Honduras was “illegal and unconstitutional.”

• Cables on Tunisia appear to help spark revolt in that country. The country’s ruling elite described as “The Family,” with Mafia-like skimming throughout the economy. The country’s first lady may have made massive profits off a private school.

• US knew all about massive corruption in Tunisia back in 2006 but went on supporting the government anyway, making it the pillar of its North Africa policy.

• Cables showed the UK promised in 2009 to protect US interests in the official Chilcot inquiry on the start of the Iraq war.

* Oil giant Shell claims to have “inserted staff” and fully infiltrated Nigeria's government.

• US pressured the European Union to accept GM—genetic modification, that is.

• Washington was misled by our own diplomats on Russia-Georgia showdown.

• Extremely important historical document finally released in full: Ambassador April Glaspie’s cable from Iraq in 1990 on meeting with Saddam Hussein before Kuwait invasion.

• The UK sidestepped a ban on housing cluster bombs. Officials concealed from Parliament how the US is allowed to bring weapons on to British soil in defiance of treaty.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
And overall for all his efforts, nothing really changed. Yep, we know some things now that we didn't before. But nothing really changed. Things were in a tizzy for awhile then died down, just like what will happen with Snowden.

What did Manning get out of it? 35 years and a potential sex change. Heckuva deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I think if you asked about ANY American, Manning and Snowden are both friends and HERO's of the American people. Ask almost any government official and, well....you'll get a very different answer. Where are OUR voices?? Why (as usual) are our wishes not considered. I am starting, as many people, to see that it is the "leadership of America that IS the enemy of America. We NEED more people like Snowden and Manning but the PTB will continue making an example of these good men so as to stop any others thinking of doing the right thing.
Folks, if you do not think these are grounds to be prepared for a LARGE DISAGREEMENT with the Amerikan government, then get fitted for your FEMA jammies. Please know in these camps your children will be put with the other children, your spouse will be put with the other (same sex) spouses.
Good luck.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
i think what private manning did made him even more of a man. so why does he want to be a woman?

new topics

top topics

join