Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
When the truth becomes treason, its obvious what has happened.
I support Manning.
I fail to see "treason" anywhere in this list below for most of it is intelligence on other countries. I do see things that I would not want the
world to know about being an American and all. If we want to play games lets have ALL countries expose their secrets too that way we could get a true
measure of reality.
• Yemeni president lied to his own people, claiming his military carried out air strikes on militants actually done by the US. All part of giving US
full rein in country against terrorists.
• Details on Vatican hiding big sex abuse cases in Ireland.
• US tried to get Spain to curb its probes of Gitmo torture and rendition.
• Egyptian torturers trained by FBI—although allegedly to teach the human rights issues.
• State Dept. memo: US-backed 2009 coup in Honduras was “illegal and unconstitutional.”
• Cables on Tunisia appear to help spark revolt in that country. The country’s ruling elite described as “The Family,” with Mafia-like
skimming throughout the economy. The country’s first lady may have made massive profits off a private school.
• US knew all about massive corruption in Tunisia back in 2006 but went on supporting the government anyway, making it the pillar of its North
• Cables showed the UK promised in 2009 to protect US interests in the official Chilcot inquiry on the start of the Iraq war.
* Oil giant Shell claims to have “inserted staff” and fully infiltrated Nigeria's government.
• US pressured the European Union to accept GM—genetic modification, that is.
• Washington was misled by our own diplomats on Russia-Georgia showdown.
• Extremely important historical document finally released in full: Ambassador April Glaspie’s cable from Iraq in 1990 on meeting with Saddam
Hussein before Kuwait invasion.
• The UK sidestepped a ban on housing cluster bombs. Officials concealed from Parliament how the US is allowed to bring weapons on to British soil
in defiance of treaty.