It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Could Add 80,000 Jobs in 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It looks like the oil companies are busy building for the future.

Glad it's here in the U.S.

Even BP is in the limelight (again)

So many jobs are coming to Houston top oil companies from around the world are building new office spaces to accommodate their new employees. In fact, banks are loaning money to companies even if the developers do not have a tenant.

Texas’s economy is growing and grew 4.8% last year. They added 100,000 jobs and Houston alone could add 80,000 this year. Real estate firm CBRE Group, Inc. said there are 56 office buildings under construction in and around Houston. These buildings total at least 11 million square feet. Not only are they providing jobs for their employees, but they are building the economy in the area. An area called Springwoods Village has room for up to 5,000 houses and apartments and it is near an Exxon campus. The campus is 400-acres with 20 buildings with room for 10,000 employees.

BP is building a three-story building to speed up their search for oil and gas around the world. Other companies with buildings under construction are BHP Billiton Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum Corp, Royal Dutch Shell and Chevron.

Houston Could Add 80,000 Jobs in 2013

Positive ?
Negative ?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That is great news. Maybe I'll move to Houston since the company I work for announced they are closing and moving to Mexico.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very positive, especially considering that I am in that industry, its building up in my area of South Texas as well.
Which is good because you couldnt pay me enough to live in Houston.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I can not believe that BP has the unmitigated gall to open more offices. They are the whoremongers who unabashedly tout that the Gulf "cleanup" is complete and that the waters are safe for swimming, fishing, etc. What about all the unexplained illnesses, the dead sea life? Not to mention the hundreds or thousands who lost their livelihood due to BP's incompetence and lack of any human empathy whatsoever. I will NEVER eat any seafood from the Gulf.

top topics

join