It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Pastafarians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

So to me these are a bunch of gutless whores.

Nice. Real nice judgment there. Are they hurting you? :shk:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Proof of FSM

1. All the planets and stars are shaped like meatballs
2. DNA is shaped like fusilli?
3. Blood is the same colour as pasta sauce

and if the FSM doesn’t exist the who wrote “The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster”
en.wikipedia.org...
Checkmate other religions and atheists

Also

Pastafarianism the fastest growing religion given that (number of Pastafarians today) / (number of Pastafarians ten years ago) X 100%

Meaning Pastafarianism has grown ∞% over the last ten years. No number is greater than ∞ therefore Pastafarianism is the World's Fastest Growing Religion – take that islam

www.wikihow.com...

May the sauce be with you

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

May the sauce be with you

And also with you. RAmen.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
That tech student is going to have a hard time finding a job when school is over. Future employers go on the internet looking at social media now. They'll see a picture of the job applicant in a pasta strainer and just
and then toss out the resume.

I suppose the tech student could then sue for religious discrimination.
But I think a judge would toss that out pretty quick.

Employers don't want silly employees. Not even places like Milton Bradley.
They want responsible adults.

Anyways ... that's my two cents ...

The VP of my company saw me dressed up as a wizard for my profile pic on facebook and love the hell out of it. Some employers will pass him up at a glance but others will be more inclined to look at him.

Pastafarianism is just as legitimate as any other religious viewpoint.

edit on 28-8-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Gasp! We found one!!
Hiya, dokuno
I doff my colander to you.

So, is racasan right about the beer volcano and the stripper club - no entrance unless you're very, very sorry?
I don't like strip clubs, but I do like beer.

My husband and I were talking about this last night, and we wondered if there were any "splintered off" groups - like, ranging from those who make their own Pasta from scratch, to those who buy it packaged to cook at home, and then those who just do Spaghettios?

edit on 28-8-2013 by wildtimes because: fun

Partly he is, there are many different interpretations of His holy Word. If for some reason someone does end up in FSM Hell, and the Gospel refers to this as the Underground Freezer of Doom, they can adorn themselves with the provided pirate suit and if they recognize the Inner Pasta Sauce within them they can perform a ritual involving drinking from His Noodley Appendage, and thus gain entry into the Great Pasta Bowl in the sky. Of course in Pasta Heaven the beer volcano is more like a beverage volcano, providing whatever beverage you'd like, and the strippers have been said to be any kind of stripper you'd like. Say maybe, a stripper who makes you raviolis and beer whenever you'd like and never strips? A stripper in the form of a small lapdog who also never strips? The possibilities are endless, in FSM heaven, all of your desires are fulfilled, RAmen.
And yes there are likely hundreds of different sects in FSMism, but we all love one another! There is Macronicism, Piratians, Kiwi Ninjas, Tomato Pirates, Pineapple Dragons, Linguinism (barely), SPAM'a Linguinism Parsely Spriggans, 7th Minute Pastafarians (a truly amazing bunch!), and a group that is actually discussed on ATS every single day, the the Order of the Illumighetti. There are other more extreme sects but I wish not to mention them on the internet for obvious reasons, cough, NSA, cough.
As always, be blessed by His holy Meatballs and may you be touched by his Noodly Appendage always and forever.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
More noise and
verbal tinsel, more
opaque and pseudo-scientific.
Create theories, hypotheses,
areas, schools, methods,
real and unreal. Than
extravagant, the better!
Let it not bother you that
Your "theory" and "hypothesis"
groundless and no
necessary, though not bother you,
that tomorrow will forget about them.
There will come a new day will come
new ideas. In this
reflected power
our spirit, in our
excellence "katehizis jew in ussr"

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Like I said if these little bitches really wanted to offend then they should of called their meeting place a Mosque. But they took the easy way out calling it a church because Christians would not hunt them down and hurt them. It is real easy in this country to make fun of the church but it takes guts to make fun of a Muslim Mosque. A day is coming of Christian worldwide persecution and I will tell you most Christian in America will not go down without a fight. So have your little snide fun.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
pastafarian paradise has a beer-volcano. that convinced me.

may his noodly appendages descend upon us,

Ramen

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Please don't imply that all Muslims are extremists, that isn't true at all.
That being said, Pastafarianism has some pretty obvious allusions to most religions, including Islam, no one is hunting us down. There are Muslims who are Pastafarians, Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Wiccans, name it. No, you are not being specifically targeted or singled out, you are not the butt of the joke, you are not the center of FSMs attention. His googly eyes look elsewhere, at the bigger picture.
Praise to the Sauce.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Myself I think if they truly wanted to be offensive they would of called their gathering place a Mosque but then someone might have cut their head off for offending their religion. So to me these are a bunch of gutless whores.

What difference does make to you who offends these people? So what if they're offended by Christians, Atheists, Jews, Hindi, Buddhists or Pastafarians? Does it matter to you who's head rolls?

edit on 28-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dokuno

Then why not call your place a Mosque? Why did you choose to call it a church if not to poke fun at Christianity?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
A mocking silliness that will pass when they grow up, some people need decades to mature after they get out of their teens.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The word church doesn't automatically mean Christianity. Separation of church and state doesn't mean separation of Christianity and state! Even if it did mean the Christian church, that would make FSM an extremely ridiculously radical sect of Christianity and you'd still have no reason to be mean, yo. But in FSMism, the word church means "institutionalized religion as a political or social force."

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dokuno

Then my question still stands a Mosque is a place of organized religion so why did you chose church as a name? You do know that the phrase separation of church and state is not in the constitution? It says that the state can not create a religion or sanction a religion or stop the free exercise of it. Start calling your meeting place a Mosque and see how far that gets you. But you will not do that because it is politically correct to make fun of the church and not the mosque. So you are not really as edgy as you all think you are and be reminded that the bible says that God will not be mocked. On day everyone will come before the judge and everything said and done will be looked at and be held accountable.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

No no no, there is NO place of worship for a Pastafarian. And the word church being used hereee, can apply to ISLAM if you want it to (and still be correct), nobody is singling out the Christians. There are obvious satiric references to Islam in FSMism, so yes we do "make fun of the mosque," as you say. I tried hinting at this earlier, but you need to look at the bigger picture here, FSM makes fun of ALL major religious ideas. It's less accurate to say we make fun of the church or the mosque or the temple, and more accurate to say we make fun of the religion.
Have some spaghetti.
EDIT: I forgot to reply to the constitution part! Yes I know, and that's mostly why I didn't mention it here.
edit on 8/28/2013 by dokuno because: I'm really forgetful

DOUBLE EDIT: If we establish a meeting place, I will motion that we call it the Church Basilica Cathedral Duomo Chapel Oratory Martyrium Mosque Mihrab Surau Imambargah Monastery Mithraeum Fire Temple Pyramid Shrine Synagogue Temple Pagoda Gurdwara of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

edit on 8/28/2013 by dokuno because: I keep forgetting to address parts of what you say

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been convinced I am joining the Pastarfarians. RAmen.

MMMmm. why am I hungry now

edit on 29-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

What is the reason for you being so hateful, hostile, and judgmental? Does it make you feel better?
Take it easy, for crying out loud! Chillax!!

reply to post by dokuno

Or, one could just call it The Dining Room. ....

edit on 30-8-2013 by wildtimes because: Kitchen, Diner, Eatery, Restaurant, Pastateria ..... and so forth and so on...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Ah, but then we limit spaghetti to a room! Pasta must be free! Mobile! Empowered! The world is my dining room, and I am eating out tonight! Can I get a RAmen?!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dokuno

RAmen.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join