It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's discuss the Flying Spaghetti Monster and Pastafarians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Bunch of Pots calling Kettle black up in this thread!!!

Who's doing that??

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Also, like I said earlier.... non-Muslim Americans themselves question the official story that "Muslim extremists" pulled off 9/11.

So stop bringing that up, like its the truth.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

The back and forth "my religion is better than yours" lol... Xtianity Vs Islam.

The thread itself is good tho.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The thread itself is good tho.

Glad you chimed in!!
Why can't we all just relax, admit we don't know, and worry about fixing our problems? That's what I don't get. And so, I give up. I'd rather laugh, enjoy each moment that I can, allow pain and grief to wash over me (because it does retreat) and move on......

Sounds like a living hell to be always afraid of a wrathful God and afterlife hell. Sad.

I don't think there are any Christians on the thread, though.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Also, like I said earlier.... non-Muslim Americans themselves question the official story that "Muslim extremists" pulled off 9/11. So stop bringing that up, like its the truth.

IT IS THE TRUTH. Just because some non-muslims think that there weren't muslims flying those airplanes doesn't make their absurd version of 9/11 true. FACTS ... 19 muslim jihadists went to flight school and learned how to steer the planes into buildings. They hijacked the planes and did just that. It's well documented. Anyone who says other than that is delusional ... or is a muslim and just won't accept the facts of the situation.

You are off topic.

The topic ... The Pastafarians.

I stand by my statement.
Pastafarians ... peaceful and silly.

Certain other religions ... deadly and stupid

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by racasan

Originally posted by racasan
there is no god but Lemmy and Ozzy is his prophet

Ozzy isn't in that picture.

But it does have King Diamond, Tony Iommi, Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield, Lemmy Kilmister, Rob Halford Kerry King and Bruce Dickenson.

edit on 27-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

And by the way I think it’s cheeky how you a non-believers prove you know more about my religion than I do

Oh wait - so that’s what that feels like

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I see both religion being defended from what i observed and at the same time, poo is being flung on the other side.

From what i seen, few members, even tho they don't claim allegiance, but they vehemently criticize one side and defend the other.

Its actually my guilty pleasure to see religion A and Religion B argue... it makes me feel better about my choice.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

They hijacked the planes and did just that. It's well documented. Anyone who says other than that is delusional ... or is a muslim and just won't accept the facts of the situation.

I have to wonder if they were in collusion with "lying, bloodthirsty, so-called Christians" - but you're right - it's off topic.

VIOLENCE IS WRONG - ALWAYS. It's WRONG. It can NOT be justified, by Mohammed, or anyone else.

Pasta anyone? My husband bought me a selection of nice red wines to fill our wine rack....

edit on 27-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I haven't seen that.
What I did see was "my Islam is better than the Pastafarians"
And I saw a few Muslims denying that it was radical Muslims that flew airplanes on 9/11
I didn't see any Christian vs Islam thing ...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Pasta anyone? My husband bought me a selection of nice red wines to fill our wine rack....

So if they worship a flying spaghetti monster .. are they allowed to eat pasta?
Or would that be some kind of no-no because their spaghetti-god is made of spaghetti??

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

No that would be like eating the flesh of the "god"
, it is acceptable!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

So if they worship a flying spaghetti monster .. are they allowed to eat pasta?

As far as I know, yes.

They just aren't allowed to bomb, invade, ridicule, denounce, condemn, or otherwise bring angst and pain to others.

Haven't found anything yet about "consequences" - although, it seems there are none - just that His Noodly Goodness has some "druthers" (for foreigners: "Druthers" is an American slang term for "having preferences", as in "I'd rather". We say, "If I had my druthers")
edit on 27-8-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

By the way, I love the Sea Turtle image!
They are the animals that I found to be my "guides" when I went "shaman/pagan" for a while.

Elephants also really appeal to me. Very wise, fine, and sensitive beings.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
No that would be like eating the flesh of the "god"
, it is acceptable!

PASTA FOR EVERYONE!!!!

WIKIPEDIA Link about Pastafarians

The central belief is that an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe. Pirates are revered as the original Pastafarians (a portmanteau of pasta and Rastafarian),[9] and Henderson asserts that the steady decline in the number of pirates over the years has resulted in global warming, alluding to the concept that correlation does not imply causation.[7] The FSM community currently congregates at Henderson's website to share ideas and crafts devoted to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and post "sightings" of the Flying Spaghetti Monster ...

The central creation myth is that an invisible and undetectable Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe "after drinking heavily". According to these beliefs, the Monster's intoxication was the cause for a flawed Earth. Furthermore, according to Pastafarianism, all evidence for evolution was planted by the Flying Spaghetti Monster in an effort to test the faith of Pastafarians—parodying certain biblical literalists.[36] When scientific measurements such as radiocarbon dating are taken, the Flying Spaghetti Monster "is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage".[7] The Pastafarian conception of Heaven includes a beer volcano and a stripper factory.[35] The Pastafarian Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale and the strippers have sexually transmitted diseases.

Actually, it makes about as much sense as some of the other major religions in the world ...

At least it's more peaceful than most of them ...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

AWESOME! The stuff is in my pantry - the wine is in the rack. You go, girl! I'ma sit outside on this hot afternoon and read.

Carry on, everyone --- call me when it's ready!!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Wait until they force everyone to act "Italiano" and shove pasta down your throat!

wait, upon reading Wikipedia on Pasta origins! it might be an Arab food!! there is also a connecting to China!! the plot thickens!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Haven't found anything yet about "consequences" -

If I remember correctly if you have been a bad person in life, then when you die they don’t let you near the beer volcano or stripper factory till you have shown that you are very-very sorry

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I have been a part of the FSM Awakening since 2007! I've actually decided to take the next big step and become an ordained minister in Pastafarianism, gaining for myself the title of Pastamancer. But the Church of the FSM is an accepting and loving group that you can join no matter what religion you are, no matter who you are or where you came from, we welcome you. With outstretched, noodly appendages, He welcomes you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is nice satire of the Abrahamic religions. It does a good job of showing hypocrisy for example.

I'm toying around with the idea of creating my own religion. There are some scientific studies that say religion can be good for you, though religion is mostly about social cohesion by the use of rituals.

I had the joke of sacrificing red wine to Odin, for those who don't know, Odin only consumes bread and wine.
Red wine is good for health, it was supposed to become a ritual.

It's still in experimental stage. And I don't like the good mythological figures, they are too flawless. The evil ones are much more interesting.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Gasp! We found one!!
Hiya, dokuno
I doff my colander to you.

So, is racasan right about the beer volcano and the stripper club - no entrance unless you're very, very sorry?
I don't like strip clubs, but I do like beer.

My husband and I were talking about this last night, and we wondered if there were any "splintered off" groups - like, ranging from those who make their own Pasta from scratch, to those who buy it packaged to cook at home, and then those who just do Spaghettios?

edit on 28-8-2013 by wildtimes because: fun

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join