It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Fall from Grace Sets a Scary Precedent for Future Presidents

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

I often wonder if it is truely a case of Mr Obama being "worse" than other presidents of the United States of America, or simply that an increasingly vocal segment of the population are capable of seeing through government trickery, to the dark heart of the entire political system?

I mean, lets face it. If you live in the USA, and you vote either Democrat, or Republican, you have failed to see the big picture, failed to accept that the government of the USA does what it does regardless of which party or president happens to be in power at the time. Now, that may not be because of some over arching plot by a shadowy but none the less powerful organisation, it could simply be the case that when boiled down to thier bare elements, both Democrat and Republican politicians are politicians first, administrators second, buttkissers third, and human beings way down at the hundred and fifty ninth mark, on the list of thier priorities.

But, the simple fact of the matter is, that unlike in eras past, this is an age of extremely rapid informational distribution. Truth, no matter how it is spun, no matter who it makes out to look really bad, can be entering your optic nerve, traveling to your brain, and conclusions drawn MUCH faster than in the Nixon era for example (I used Nixon because he represents truely shoddy and morally defunct leadership, something which Obama has been accused of before now, but in different ways).

I guess what I am getting at, is that its hard to tell wether Obama is actually a worse president than the USA has ever had, or wether he looks that way because he is merely responding to a totally different set of stimuli than his predecessors. The economic climate, the political situation in which the USA finds its self internationally, coupled with the super speed of data transfer between individuals, across the world and within the USA itself, make for challenging environments in which to conduct the business of administrating a nation.

So, are Obama's questionable policies, his use of executive orders and so on, things that would have been happening if he had been in office twenty years ago, or are they merely a by product of the stressors placed upon his administration by current affairs and the way societies, both nationally and globally are responding to an increased awareness of events and thier real meaning?

Could it be that what you are actually seeing, rather than a bad president, is evidence of just how bad the system of governance in the States, really is, no matter who happens to be in charge? Personally speaking, I think its much more likely that Obama appears bad, because at no point in human history has the truth been so hard to quash quietly as it is today. Things which under other presidents would have disappeared without trace before ever entering the public domain, today are dealt with by global wiretaps, public deconstructions and character assassinations of whistleblowers, the closing of various gates after the horse has well and truely bolted, aided by superfast broadband connections, mobile phones which double as cameras, and can upload directly to video sites...

Thats bound to look nasty. But can you honestly say, that at any point in the twentieth or twenty first century, that there has been a president who would not be forced to react this way given those stressors? Can you possibly know, given that in every other period of history, hiding the dirty laundry was hundreds of percent easier?

I ought to point out, that this is precisely how my own governments actions strike me. Given the similarities of purpose which the USA and the UK share globally, I would not be at all surprised to find that the same dark veils are being lifted from the eyes of both populations, causing similar appearances in some respects. I find it ironic that our nations governments have both advocated vigorously for democracy, and yet are often found to avoid the more difficult rammifications of such a system when it suits them.

However, just because I believe that governments look shadier now because its easier to peer under thier skirts so to speak, does not mean it infuriates me any less when I discover some new cancer which they have nurtured in the hearts and minds of thier people. I think it really boils down to the fact that if one chooses to see the truth, one can, where as previously, one had no option but to remain in the dark, as to the most inflamatory excesses of governments. As our power as individuals, to see for our selves, and make our own judgements increases, so will the lengths to which governments will go to curtail our freedom to act upon our ire, to unseat those who oppose freedom from the lofy perches of the thrones they have constructed for themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

So obama started a war that killed 60 million people or did he burn Ny then blame and torture christians for is short comings.

Seriously a bit over the top heheh
[snipped] is just a puppet nothing else

edit on Mon Aug 26 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
The OPs source material is from FOX News. It's no surprise that FOX News is bashing Obama - that's what their whole network is built upon. How many times have other news organizations shown that FOX News is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the GOP, (it's a fairly common topic)? I don't know too many people under the age of 60 that actually watch FOX News. The network is all about creating as much discourse as posible in the hopes of getting the people who pay them heard and elected. In some senses, that makes FOX News just like every other news network. So I think it all comes down to which lies you like better, the ones called 'liberal' lies, or the ones called 'conservative' lies. Either way, like most of us here, I don't think we ever hear anything near the truth. Sad, scary. maddening.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
The OPs source material is from FOX News. It's no surprise that FOX News is bashing Obama - that's what their whole network is built upon. How many times have other news organizations shown that FOX News is nothing more than a propaganda machine for the GOP, (it's a fairly common topic)? I don't know too many people under the age of 60 that actually watch FOX News. The network is all about creating as much discourse as posible in the hopes of getting the people who pay them heard and elected. In some senses, that makes FOX News just like every other news network. So I think it all comes down to which lies you like better, the ones called 'liberal' lies, or the ones called 'conservative' lies. Either way, like most of us here, I don't think we ever hear anything near the truth. Sad, scary. maddening.

What's sad scary and maddening is that you (and the western canadian fool posting above) don't seem to understand an incredibly simple concept:

Just because you bash Obama doesn't mean you support republicans.

You're brain has been so diseased to immediately correlate anti-obama talk with pro-republicanism. Guess what? A lot of people simply hate BS, they hate corruption, they hate lies, they hate our constitution being trampled on.

I sang my hatred of Bush from the rooftops during his term. Bush's years seem like the golden age of America compared to what we are going through now. Bush is out of office, has been for over 5 years, at some point things DO stop being his fault, and lay at the feet of the current administration.

Obama has gone back on every single campaign promise he made. He was supposed to be transparent, but now he has illegal tint on every government window. People elected obama because they were sick and tired of bush's rampant lies, corruption, and attack on the constitution. Obama promised a return to the rule or law and the rule of the people. He went back on that promise, and did a 180 and now is supporting and continuing all the horrible things bush did in office, yet the left still supports him, and if you call out obama on his bull, simpletons like you call them racists or partisan.

YOU are so divided you project you sick mental workings on others. Don't project on me, BRO, don't do it. Obama is anti-american scum just like Bush is/was and you will NOT belittle that fact by trying to claim simple partisanship. Get a grip and grow up.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Lol brain disesease personal attacks dont help your point much

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
and cannot recall any president breaking so many laws, usurping the Constitution so regularly, and deceiving not only the American people, but our allies as well.

Care to list the laws Obama has broken, and which court decided that he broke him......

care to detail the parts of the constitution he usurped, and who decided he actually usurped it.....

Care to list the times and exactly what he deceived the American people and allies about?

Or are you just having a general whine about Obama like the birther nonsense you have posted before?
edit on 26-8-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
Obama has consistently abused his power more than any other President in history.

The facts are overwhelming.

So of course you will be able to detail these "facts" and a comparison with all other Presidents, unless......

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
It is funny how in the second term of every President we hear the same things. And then by the next guy we forget it all and move on to making the same claims about him. Anoyone who thnks Obama is having anything beyond an average second term has no grasp of American History.

For a Second Termer , Obama has assured his Place in U.S. History as the " Destroyer Of American Values " .....

President Barack Obama's Complete List of Historic Firsts [Updated]

Yes, he's Historic, alright

directorblue.blogspot.com...
edit on 26-8-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
It is funny how in the second term of every President we hear the same things. And then by the next guy we forget it all and move on to making the same claims about him. Anoyone who thnks Obama is having anything beyond an average second term has no grasp of American History.

I guess, I was against Bush gaining executive powers during his Presidency, and then low and behold, Obama built upon that. However -

I would like to add that I am not certain if we are going to have another President after Obama.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
I remember thinking back in 2008 that Obama's whole election platform seemed to be fluff and no substance. I couldn't get anyone tell me much more about it other than "Hope and Change" and what I read about showed about the same. But I held my judgment (didn't vote for him though, can't vote for something that has no substance). I saw him get elected and decided to give him a chance. Then things started to happen that made it harder and harder to hold that opinion (like receiving a Nobel Peace Prize without actually having done anything yet). Now 5 years later I look back and see that this is the current state of the country is the result of the people placing their faith in a man who held no substance, but elected him anyways.

I took the exact same stance in '08. Didn't vote for him, but wanted to give him a chance, see him do well because if he did, it would be good for the country and everyone's ship would rise with the tide.

I remembered his speech at the DNC when Kerry was running, and thought to myself, "Hmm, he sounds intelligent and reasonable." Man I couldn't have been farther off in my assessment.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
My fellow Americans, I have currently been converted to the cult of Obama. He is a great man, who has done no wrong. In fact, he has brought peace and prosperity to America. The less fortunate, they now have a chance in this world. The government, the government will take care of them. Our debt, it'll be receding soon. The deficit is a thing of the past. There's no crisis there. Obama has assured us of that.

You talk about these "scandals." There's no proof implicating Obama in any of this. Look at Benghazi, no Obama there. Why do you think Hillary stepped down. In fact, what difference does it make now?

Republicans, conservatives, enemies of America, you all want to slander the name and image of a great man who will leave a great legacy. But that legacy will come later, after getting rid of the 22nd Amendment and permanently implanting himself as our rightful ruler.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I said prior to his first election that Americans would regret voting him in. The guy was just like Tony Blair over here in '97, I didn't vote for him either, a con saleman with a three card trick on the side. Gets you every time! I tell you something though, if his mob's era was anything like the Labour era we had here in the UK, you will be a long time trying to reverse the decay and destruction left behind, if you ever can.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey, James. You totally missed my point. But, name-calling emotional basket-cases like yourself do that often. I didn't blame anything on Bush. I didn't defend Obama. I did call out FOX News, and all MSM. You tell me to grow up? maybe when you grow up, you'llo be able to read and comprehend. We all hoping for the best for you, james. Don't let us down.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Obama can not fall from somewhere he never was.

For those of us that researched him and his ....wife....this clown was nothing more then a race baiting community organizer from the beginning

Now he will possibly move us into the worse war we have ever been in because this one will come to the homeland in cowardly forms by Obama's Muslim Brotherhood .

This will not end well...........the agenda will go on.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

"Lawlessness" is about the best description of his behavior! There are so many other issues, that no one who can does anything about, too. War without congressional approval, demolishing the economy, and on and on and on. Anyone else would have been tossed out of office a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Is this really that difficult for everyone?

Problem: An elected official has broken laws, abused their power, and/or ran our country into the ground

Solution: Request resignation and if no resignation is given, begin impeachment proceedings

Political Party of Elected Official: DOESN'T MATTER

Above Guidelines Apply To: All elected officials, no exceptions

Simple problem, simple answer. We put them in their offices, we can take them out.

As the American people, we really need to get it together and start looking out for ourselves and our country instead of bickering with each other and playing favorites.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer

I can agree with you, generally, but would add that it is very similar to the old version of The View. While it's true that I AM 60 years old, I could never understand why anyone would admit that their favorite daytime show consisted mainly of one lone voice being shouted down by the rest of the cast.

In regard to the big O, I used to have this almost nightmarish vision of a well meaning, patriotic man being elected the Grand Poobah only to find that the first order of business (before the bags were even unpacked) was a talk in a windowless room in the bowels of the Whitehouse. It would basically be, "Okay... Here's the deal. You've got two choices. Be a good boy and you can retire set for life and take home a big ol' goody bag, as well. The other is much shorter and not nearly as pleasant..."

Given what I've seen the last few years, I believe we've got a guy that would say, "Cool!! I'm gonna go watch the game. Let me know when the script is ready."

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKillah
We're under a lot of pressure, and it's always better to under promise and over deliver than to over promise and under deliver.

Please don't misunderstand, I have to bone to pick with you. Your second option sounds like a perfect fit for what we wound up with. (Not just health care but the person that's still trying to sell it)

What has me befuddled is that it has already been ruled on by the Supreme Court. We've been scolded by Kathleen Sebelius that, "This is no longer a political debate. It's the law of the land.”

Isn't this getting dangerously close to that old joke about being "a little" pregnant???

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

He learned from the best, G.W. Bush. The Bush Administration paved the way with type of behavior, going around the law, using Exec Orders, etc. He's doing just what his predecessor did but now that the shoes on the other foot, they don't like it! Pay back is a bitch...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow lots of hate here, which imho is mostly misdirected. To blame our presidents for everything is silly - no it is ignorance. Our presidents has a part time contract (4 yrs at a time) where in reality he takes orders from the lifers that surround him. Look at the big picture and you may understand that our political system is just another example of divide and conquer.

Both our major parties march to the tune of the same drummer and that is the military industrial complex. Our leaders are lead by the ring in their nose, whether by lobbyist bribes or outright blackmail our politicians are owned. The president is not just a figure head but serves as a scapegoat or often times as the sacrificial lamb for the policies which enrage the general population.

Dem's or Rep's are those the corps wish to allow to run for office, not the best person for the job by any means.

Wake up and think!

Hopefully outside the Reps and Dems ballot boxes this next election!

Obamacare was a great idea when the Reps thought of it, but with 12,000+ pages of the lobbyists wants and desires added in it is now total crap!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join