It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 38
<< 35  36  37   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Thank you. I'm going to write up a concluding statement in the next couple of hours, summarizing some of the key points to have emerged from this AMA, and making some more general observations.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by masqua

Thank you. I'm going to write up a concluding statement in the next couple of hours, summarizing some of the key points to have emerged from this AMA, and making some more general observations.

wOw. just. wOw.

You've given soo much of your time, knowledge, experiences and efforts over the past few days, Mr. Pope. - I'm beyond impressed with what you've taken and done with this A.M.A. on the boards here @ ATS.

And I truly hope that future A.M.A. participants give it as much of their gusto as you've done here.

Seriously,
It's been truly & greatly appreciated throughout.

12m8keall2c
Jon

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Thank you, again, for the time and energy you have dedicated to this AMA. I sincerely hope it was as worthwhile to you as it was to myself and others. I know I'm not alone when I say that your answers are greatly appreciated and are a source of illumination for hundreds, if not thousands, of people who frequent this website and are looking for answers. Even if they don't find them in the sky, they'll surely find some here in this thread.

May the force be with you.

edit on 28-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by buzzEmiller

Nice to hear from you again Martyn, after all these years. I'm sorry to hear about this situation and I hope that your post here leads to renewed interest in your work.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thank you so much, Mr. Pope, for being the very first guest for an AMA. Loved this thread. Your time and focus on this thread was so much appreciated.

Sorry to see you go when it is your time to depart- it was gracious of you to add this extra day for answers.

It was nice being able to interact with you on our site! Great fun and very educational.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
While I'm very late to the party (it's always a stupid decision to work overtime >

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

I'm a passionate believer in the space program and I'm pleased at any signs that the UK (and the EU) is going to take a greater role and put in more resources. That said, I believe the focus is already shifting to the private sector, and we'll see this more and more in relation to satellite launches, space tourism and asteroid mining.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
That said, I believe the focus is already shifting to the private sector, and we'll see this more and more in relation to satellite launches, space tourism and asteroid mining.

Agreed. And I think we'll see far more 'significant results' and applications as a result of the same - Private Sector Funding/Engineering.

without having to be bridled by the likes of .gov red tape and such.

Branson seems to be doing 'wonders' along that train of application/thought!

w/ many Other 'startups' getting their feet wet along the way as well.

I'm stoked for the next Generation / 15-20 years. It's going to be One HELLUVA RIDE, IMHO !
(????)

What say yea, folks!?

'bring it on' (?)

I'm in

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
First of all, I’d like to thank the ATS site owners, administrators and moderators for inviting me to do this “Ask Me Anything” and for managing it so well. I think things stayed on-topic and civil most of the time, though I dread to think what led to some of those “extreme T&C violation” flags. I recognize that being ex-government doesn’t make me popular with everyone!

I’d also like to thank the ATS members who made this AMA what it was, with your interesting and intelligent questions, and your follow-ups to my responses. Inevitably, given the sheer number of questions and the other pressures on my time, I didn’t get to everything. Please accept my sincere apologies for this. I don’t think there’s much to be read into the questions I didn’t answer, aside from an observation I made before, namely that a single, focused question is much more manageable (and thus more likely to be picked up) than a string of half a dozen questions.

I should perhaps have clarified – for those less familiar with me and my work – that I’m not a whistle-blower. I think I can best describe my role with an analogy. Imagine a news show where they have a retired military officer on, being interviewed about Afghanistan, answering questions about the campaign there. What you’ll get isn’t leaked classified information, but an insider’s perspective on what’s actually going on, and what the mind-set is of those people involved. That’s what you’ll get from me in relation to government and UFOs. With that in mind, I apologize for not having been able to get into discussions about nuclear issues, Special Forces, intelligence matters and some other topics. I also apologise for not having entered into discussions about the Rendlesham Forest incident. This is because I’ve written a book on the case with John Burroughs and Jim Penniston, due to be published in March, and I don’t want to detract from people’s enjoyment of this by revealing any spoilers now.

For those who want to know more about me and my work, there’s extensive material at my www.nickpope.net website. Some of the questions asked here were actually in the FAQ section there, so that might be a good place to start. Googling a phrase like “Nick Pope interview” also leads to a lot of material that may be of interest. I’m on Facebook at www.facebook.com... and my twitter account is @nickpopemod

I can’t promise that I’m going to stay on ATS, as I mostly avoid forums, email lists, etc., due to the pressure of other commitments. But if the feeling is that this AMA went well, and if the ATS staff think a ‘Part 2’ would be of interest, then I’d be happy to come back for another go at some stage.

Finally, while I know that people have mixed views about me, given my government background, with many people disagreeing strongly with some of my views, I hope that this AMA has been of interest and that it will continue to provoke discussion and debate.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hi Nick,

Been here awhile, nice to see someone with some credible credentials on such a sensitive subject..Thanks for coming. It's deeply appreciated~!

Not sure if this as been asked before, if so, deepest apologies, and can a mod direct me to the answer..

Question: Do you know, or even can you even say, if we, the world or UK, have any working free energy devices. Have you ever seen any during your post? I'm not talking about UFO's .. I'm talking about invented and patented devices by human beings. *grin*

Question: Do you even see the world even being able to get somewhat of a slice of hope of the world ever having free energy on a global scale in the next 100 years.. ?

Thanks Nick..

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Wow, Nick Pope. Thank you for your time here and for your work.

I just finished The Bureau. What level of involvement did you have in the game?

It would be great if someone with your inside experience was involved sooner in a game's development. Maybe the Xcom: Enemy Unknown series. Maybe a TV series like Dr. Who... hint hint.

Looks like I missed you. Thank you again.
edit on 28-8-2013 by kmb08753 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Mr. Pope,

It's a pleasure to have you as our guest, welcome!

I have two questions for you:

1) Can you divulge any information regarding the 1994 recovery efforts out of MOD Boscombe Down, in Wiltshire, England, and a specific downed US airframe?

2) Have you come across or have been involved directly/indirectly with the actual airframe(s)/aircraft(s) that directly corroborates with reports of slow moving 'black triangles' or alleged hypersonic aircraft?

Thank you very much in advance and we all appreciate your time!!

Cheers,
TW

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For the late comers, I think this session of AMA is over. But for those of you that may have additional questions, or if you are a fan, Mr. Pope is active on his Facebook page. Just throwing it out there. He really has answered a few more Q's on his page

edit on 28-8-2013 by Hollie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Thanks for coming to ATS again Nick.

Come back again sometime.

-SAP-

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I should perhaps have clarified – for those less familiar with me and my work – that I’m not a whistle-blower. I think I can best describe my role with an analogy. Imagine a news show where they have a retired military officer on, being interviewed about Afghanistan, answering questions about the campaign there. What you’ll get isn’t leaked classified information, but an insider’s perspective on what’s actually going on, and what the mind-set is of those people involved. That’s what you’ll get from me in relation to government and UFOs. With that in mind, I apologize for not having been able to get into discussions about nuclear issues, Special Forces, intelligence matters and some other topics.

Makes sense to anyone who had realistic expectations!

Obviously you couldn't give away highly classified government secrets and it would have been unrealistic for anyone to expect full disclosure or what not.

What you did provide was great for the parameters of the session.

Thanks again if you ever come back to scope out our little slice of the internet.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Hi Mr. Pope, what is your opinion on the Roswell crash and do you believe that the government has experimented on E.Ts? Also, do we have anything to worry about in the future (in regards to extraterrestials).

Thanks!
-Zeta
edit on 28-8-2013 by ZetaExplorer15 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

I'm curious . . .

if you gave any thought at all

to the probability that the question of Roswell was likely to have been asked a dozen or 3 times already on this thread?

Seriously. I'm curious. It's an interesting psychological phenomenon, to me.

And now that it's over . . . I'm curious . . . given how many times such questions were asked . . . whether ANY of the questioners really paused to think at all, to themselves . . .

"I wonder . . . has this very basic and obvious question likely already been asked?"

And, if not, as seems to evidently be the case . . .

What could ATS do to INCREASE the likelihood that the more basic obvious questions would only be asked once and early on and not at all later?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I was just browsing the National Archives Department of Defense UK on Ufos,found some very revealing stuff even though it was distorted you can still see some words,life forms being one of them,you should check it out,i found it quite compelling stuff sometimes you have to read between the lines and you will get the picture

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
THANKS Nick!

YES, this was a great exercise in civil Q&A (for the vast majority of our members) with your answers being very forthright and excellent within the bounds of reality. That's tremendously APPRECIATED and I will be in touch about a round 2 in the coming months, you're a gentleman and I know we all appreciate it (even if some of us were incapable of expressing that sans vitriol and negativity).

This concludes the first ATS Ask Me Anything Session.

Stay tuned because next Monday we have Tom Carey (Google him relative to "The Roswell Incident") kicking off the second ATS AMA. Be looking for a PM in your inbox with the details.

THANK YOU NICK and Goodnight.

Springer...

edit on 8-29-2013 by Springer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37   >>

join