It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Mr. Pope, Welcome and thanks for fielding my questions, IF you ever get to it. .. .. .

I read an article around a year ago or so about your prediction of Alien Contact by the year 2024, which us supposed to coincide with the completion of the largest telescope on the planet.

Was there anything in particular that lead you to believe that this contact was going to take place?

Do you believe that there is a chance that this contact will happen before that time?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I wish i had something cool to ask you Nick, but it seems the first few pages of posts already has it covered.

So i will just thank you for your work and for subscribing to this forum. I greatly look forward to your reply's to some of these great questions

Welcome above!
edit on 26-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Hello Mr Pope.

I wished to ask you, why you thought it was the right thing to do, to agree to keep secrets from the British public, something you have allegedly sworn to do regarding some incidents and material? Given that the British people are the ones on whose behalf you were acting, do you not think it utterly immoral to keep them in the dark about ANY aspect of the work you have done?

I am aware that you have spoken publically on some matters pertaining to your work, and its all very interesting of course. But the devil is in the details, and it seems pretty obvious to me that the information that the public would be most interested to know, would be covered by the secrecy that you help protect. Are you aware how little your ability to keep a secret is appreciated by people interested in this subject?

I wrote these questions, knowing full well that if you were to answer me at all, you would only pick one (as that is only fair). Also, I hope you do not take offense at my tone, but the issue of secret keeping by the British government, and its intelligence services is one which has been chewing on my marrow for far longer than the recent press explosion over GCHQ's involvement with data monitoring has been going on.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Mr. Pope, has the British Government ever considered, or investigated the possibility, that UFO's are of inter-dimensional origin? And what are your/their views on a religious connection?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hi Nick, i will be honest and say that i am not a believer in the" UFO's are Alien" scenario. However a few nights before the famous Rendlesham Forest incident, i saw the same craft that was described ,but this time it was in Warwickshire. Had you had reports of sightings elsewhere apart from Redlesham?
Maybe i will get the opportunity to discuss this with you.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Hi Nick.

I'm sorry my post may be a little long, and it contains a few questions - but they are all mostly inter-related.

I would like to ask you about the Orange Orb phenomenon. There are many sightings of these orbs all around the world at a seemingly constant rate - (ruling out the mundane observations that fit the description of lanterns etc).

I have my own personal sighting to share with you.

"I was on the summit of a range of mountains in my town. I was there with my friend. We were sitting in the car at about 8 or 830pm. There were no clouds in sight. Friend was looking up at the stars and asks me, "Whats that?". It took me about 5 seconds to get in position to see what they saw.

What I saw was an intense orb of orange light. There was no sound, and the light refraction seemed static... as in, it wasn't a typical light that you see twinkling in the atmosphere. it just gave the impression of being in the upper atmosphere or even above it/in space. It didn't move in a straight line either, it moved like it was an insect in the wind, slight variations in its course(I later wondered if it was maneuvering around space debris or simply eye muscles attempting to focus, it seemed like there was miniscule movement). It traveled across at least half of the sky, and when it had reached about halfway, it suddenly accelerated, and arced up/away from us, in two distinctly noticeable bounds, and disappeared into the background of space within less then a second. The acceleration was mind boggling. It's trajectory was almost directly away from us, slightly angled so that we had some depth perception regarding it's movement, it really gave the impression that it went the bleakness of space very far away. It also became smaller as it sped off, reinforcing that impression of it actually traveling far away, as opposed to being an event taking place solely in the upper atmosphere. As soon as we observed it do this, we became very verbal, shouting, "What the f**k was that?!", over and over... I immediately turned on the car and left, we both felt fear."

Now I am wondering

How many encounters have you read about regarding orange orbs - and what, if any, other types of phenomena have been associated with these orbs (e.g saucer becomes an orb, or abductions happening at same time as orb sightings)

I was also wondering what your thoughts were on Stanley Fulham, the ex-NORAD Officer who died late 2010. He predicted a mass alien sighting around the world. I did not pay any attention to this - but on the day he said it would happen, my friend had just arrived to my house by walking, and he was excitedly shouting my name, to come and look at something. I got to the road and we observed 7 Orange Orbs silently traversing the sky in formation and slowly drift away/up and out of sight. There were also supposed sightings in other cities around the world - New York for example. (some videos on youtube are still up showing this). Also, my friend had no idea about the upcoming sighting, so he was merely pointing out something to me that he thought was extra-ordinary.

Lastly, Since you have seen information that tells of UFOS behaving in ways that seem to defy physics - I noted that you said there's no evidence of the phenomenon being extra-terrestrial. I had the thought that if these craft are real - and they do travel at speeds that seem impossible to us, if they were man-made, and it only took us a fairly short time to discover this technology - would not the chances of extra-terrestrials being responsible for a portion of these sightings (granted that mankind actually has come into possession of similar craft)be almost inevitable? (following the logic that there is probably other sentient life somewhere else in the galaxy and if it is so easy for us to create such technology, then surely others have discovered it and visited other planets).

Thank you for your time if you end up answering my questions Nick. I could probably ask some more but there's a word limit so these will do for now!

edit on 26-8-2013 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

What are your view on the "Dulce Base" case
A supposedly hidden facility under the Archuleta Mesa on the Colorado-New Mexico border near the town of Dulce, New Mexico.

a joint operating of humans and aliens, doing horrific experiments in the deep dark ?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I couldn’t put a figure on it, but it certainly happens. Not that much, as secret prototype aircraft and drones tend to be flown in remote military test sites, but inevitably there are occasions when these things are seen. And yes, governments have sometimes actively encouraged belief in UFOs, on the basis that it’s far better if your new spy plane is reported as a “flying saucer” than as what it actually is.

link   
For some reason I get a sensation that the UFO phenom is more of a spiritual/religious manifestation and not solid nuts and bolts craft.

Have you seen evidence of this?

link   
Hello Mr Pope.
Thanks for taking the time out to host a q&a.

My questions to you would be.

How many cases did you study?

Of those cases how many were people reporting top secret craft?

And of the items the MOD is releasing how many aren't being released? Rough percentage if you can't do specifics.

Thank you.

link   
Ive got a question for you since you said to ask anything.
Can you provide an ID and government documents to prove you are who you say you are?
To many hoxers around here to simply take your word.
I mean heck, im a jedi knight that spent 20 years working for the old republic if its all like that.
edit on 8/26/2013 by BennyTheBlade because: i type to fast for my own good

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello M. Pope and Welcome to ATS. It is an honor to have you here.

I wasn't planning on asking any questions as there are already a multitude of them but I changed my mind.

Following this tidbit of info :

Former British Defense Ministry UFO project leader Nick Pope has boldly predicted that aliens will reveal themselves to humans no later than 2024, and might even land on the White House lawn, just like in the movies. Or, they may just send an email.

Source

As this assumption is linked to the Square Kilometer Array Telescope, which is radio based, here are my questions:

1 - How could you be so sure that we will in fact find life out there using this telescope? (We have been using radio telescopes for quite a while now and still haven't found anything)...why would this one be any different?

2 - Or is there any reason at all, personal or not, classified or not, aside from the SKA, that convinces you that we will find life out there in the next 11 years or so?

Thank you for your time, Sir. Looking forward to reading your numerous replies to questions thus far.

Edit to add: I just noticed that as I was typing this, ShadellacZumbrum about asked the same questions.

Will just keep this up for the source.

edit on 26-8-2013 by SonoftheSun because: was beat to it...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
Is ATS under a DDOS attack due to the presence of Nick Pope? I keep timing out or is that many people trying to post on this thread? YIKES>

15 min. to load the page....

On Topic:
Hi Mr. Pope and thaks for your precious presence here on ATS.

I really appreciate your efforts during these years to disclose the UFO/Alien Phenomenon on MSM.

One question: Have you ever heard during your research or suspected that the huge cover-up on The "Allogenes" phenomenon is due to its implication with "The Big Secret" of the source of unlimited Energy?

Thanks for your reply, and welcome on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

link   

Hello Nick and welcome to ATS, I feel honoured to be conversing with you.

A personal question........

Are you a fan of the TV show The X-Files and if so, did you find any striking similarities between your job description heading up the British Governments UFO project and that of the character "Mulder" and his dealings with shadow government figures such as "the smoking man"?

Kind Regards
Name withheld

edit on 26-8-2013 by Sublimecraft because: I'll check back for an answer in 2014

link   
[size=10]
HOLD!

Clearly, this has become very popular. So that Nick has the time for as many meaningful answers as he can, please hold off on posting any new questions until we see some responses to those already posted.

Thank you.

[size=10]
HOLD!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Mr. Pope,

I am great admirer of your work, you are by far the funniest and most likable UFO investigator i have ever had the pleasure of watching. Have you ever considered hosting your own television series that would re-open your past investigation's into the "British X Files" as well as new and current cases?

If so, can i be your sidekick?
We could drive around in a van together solving mysteries.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi Mr Pope,

My question is do you think the government were justified in keeping all this information classified in the first place and is it likely that UFO reports will be kept classified by future governments?

link   
reply to post by BennyTheBlade

STOP. The ATS Administration invited him here and confirmed his identity.

link   

Originally posted by NickPope
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I couldn’t put a figure on it, but it certainly happens. Not that much, as secret prototype aircraft and drones tend to be flown in remote military test sites, but inevitably there are occasions when these things are seen.

Thank you for your response and your desire to be as forthcoming as you legally can. Sadly I understand you can't really share anything that is mouth watering but I will continue to follow your thread and give you the respect that is warranted to all ATS members.

That said, I am going with over 50% being UFO related as you said "not much" but I'd imagine that is still a lot.

Thanks again.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join