It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

As this AMA is about to come to a conclusion, I just wanted to stop by to THANK YOU Kind Sir for so gracefully answering our questions.

It's been great to have you here, for a short period of time. And even though some members seem to be disappointed that you didn't whistleblow the whole nine yards, I think that when one knows how to read between the lines, you've divulged quite a bit.

This whole thread has been one of the very best I've seen here in a very long time. KUDOS Nick Pope !!!

And when Chuck Norris approves...well...that"s gotta tell you something !!!

link   

Good afternoon Mr Pope (well, it is here in Blighty!).

I do not normally get involved in the UFO discussions as they descend into aliens for and against camps rather than a sensible discussion.

However, one case in particular piques my attention, although the details are hazy. From what i remember, it was around 1998 and occurred over the East Coast of the UK (and i think therefore it happened during your tenure at the MoD). The report i read at the time (in either the Times or the Telegraph) was a typically brusque affair of a couple of paragraphs but detailed Radar operators (both civilian and military from memory) tracking an object the size the of a Second World War Battleship around the East Coast of the UK before it flew off at ridiculous speeds (i want to say estimated at around Mach 20 but in all honesty i could have made that up!).

My question is do you remember this incident? Was it investigated? And if so, was it deemed to be explainable or one of the 5% that cannot be explained?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer so many questions from so many people.

ETA:

Seeing you response immediately below to a different member, i take it back as you clearly were not in the Department in 1998. Still, any other info would be greatly appreciated.

edit on 28-8-2013 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Interesting to hear of your work with 2K. I've been quite busy with "The Bureau: XCOM Declassified".

I'm not aware that multisensor data fusion systems have been brought to bear on the UFO problem by MoD or anyone in the US government, though bear in mind that my time on MoD's UFO project was 1991 to 1994, and we'd only comparatively recently gotten individual word processors on our desks, so it was all a bit low-tech! As you rightly point out, we (along with programs like Project Blue Book) were operating on shoestring budgets.

Good luck with your initiative.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

Kinda what I was getting at.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SullivanBlack

There's no firm news yet on a "Nick Pope Investigates" TV series, whether it be focused on UFOs, the paranormal, or the unexplained more generally. I've contributed to hundreds of shows, of course, and fronted a one-off Channel 5 documentary in the UK on the Cosford incident. But in relation to my own series, I'd have to be very sure that it was the right vehicle for me, in terms of content, production values, the network, etc. It's easy to make bad TV; not so easy to make good TV. But hosting my own series is a logical step and it probably won't surprise you to learn that there are on-going discussions with various networks and production companies on this, with a view to finding the right project for me.

In relation to Mars One, the timetable doesn't sound achievable to me. While the future of the space program increasingly lies in the private sector, I'm not convinced that the engineering solutions are yet in place, let alone other important factors, such as the successful addressing of medical and physiological issues.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

I would advise you review the entire thread again. It's not what he's giving us that's the problem; it's what you're looking for. I myself am not precisely satisfied with his answers, but I completely understand why he has to hold back some of what he knows, and I appreciate his willingness to work with us despite that handicap.

As soon as you read the words "used to run the British Government's UFO project", you should have known that you probably wouldn't get any of the answers you really wanted. The reason you want those answers is exactly the reason why that information is classified.

You may as well whine that you can't hold fire in your hands for all the good it will do. The best you can do is demonstrate your ability to accept that which you cannot change. It's called being an adult.
edit on 28-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you Springer for making this and what is in the pipeline possible...

~zat~

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

I think 'stargates' are science fiction, not science fact, so I don't believe a word of the stories about some sort of interdimensional vortex in the Gulf of Aden - or anywhere else, for that matter.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nick did have a TV show in the works at one time for those of you interested. Kandinsky did a thread On it:

Nick Pope: Rendlesham Incident 'Solved' in New TV Show

He put together a team of investigators, including a psychic, to solve the Rendlesham Incident.

Not sure if the full episode is available on youtube and I don't know if it will spoil any surprises in his upcoming book, but here ya go:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Mr. Pope... In your opinion, have you ever come across evidence that would suggest UFOs originate somewhere other than Earth? If so, what's your take on "Ancient Astronaut Theory" as proposed by Zecharia Sitchin and Erich von Daniken?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
So that means we are still left in the dark about everything,i want someone on that say to hell with a oath of secrecy and just tell the truth,we as a human race deserve answers. As in the Cash- Landrum case where human lives were affected by some unknown craft be it a secret military craft are a UFO,The Air Force ruling on that case was that they deny any knowledge on that incident,there are more incidents of the craft having a physical affect on humans lives.So until someone with a backbone comes forward who isn't afraid of repercussions we will never learn the truth,it still will be the same old run around of the UFO issue

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I think 'stargates' are science fiction, not science fact, so I don't believe a word of the stories about some sort of interdimensional vortex in the Gulf of Aden - or anywhere else, for that matter.

Haven't they discovered something similar in the magnetic fields around Planet Earth? Somewhere just beyond the Earth's atmosphere, there are magnetic spots which may function as portals...there's been several threads created regarding this topic. Can you confirm or comment on any such phenomena?

Here's a source for the magnetic portals:

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

This was one of a number of 'pilots' and 'teaser trailers' that I've shot for potential TV shows. There are lots of other ones out there, but they don't generally get onto YouTube! Given the time commitment involved in presenting a TV series (I'd probably want to take on a consultancy/production role too, so that I had some control over the content), and given my various other business commitments, I'd have to be very sure about a project before signing up to it.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Nick, if you're willing, please give me some guidance for future AMA

Would it be likely more functional for the star guest if I posted my questions:

1. ONE AT A TIME
2. TWO at a time
3. THREE at a time

or whatever handful I thought of at the time?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

No, I don't believe that Neil Armstrong saw UFOs while on the moon, or that there are alien structures there.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

As a general guide to AMAs, if there are few people on the thread, multiple questions in a post are probably fine. But when there are over 30 pages of questions to wade through, with large numbers of people posting, my own view (and I suspect other people who might be asked to do an AMA would feel the same way) is that a single, concise and well-focused question is far more manageable than posts where people set out their own personal worldview and then ask half a dozen questions.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Yes, I agree with your last post Jasmine. Star 4 that.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Romuloxreturns because: I addrd more

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
NVRMND - already asked. Sorry.
edit on 28-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join