It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name's Nick Pope and I used to run the British Government's UFO project, Ask Me Anything

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mr. Pope, thank you for your gracious effort of coming here to do an AMA; so glad ATS decided to copy the idea from Reddit since I believe AMA is truly the start of something wonderful.

I'm not a believer in alien life nor in UFOs as many would define them. I've been rereading Streiber's Communion again after many years and my interest in this field is quite renewed. My take on the phenomenon is that it has more to do with the flying aspect than the unknown aspect. For instance, if all these sightings were of unusual craft driving or moving on water I don't know that our interest would be as captivated. We, as a species, are eternally enamored of anything that can break the bonds of gravity and fly. We love to watch birds and animals capable of doing so and we love to use our own different technologies to do so, but when something unusual does so we simply cannot deny our attraction to it.

Perhaps a 1000 years from now or 100,000 we will have mastered flight in some way that seems fanciful or magical right now. I wonder if UFOs will still hold our attention as much then.

I have to board a plane now. Thank you again.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

In the lead up to the launch of The Bureau: XCOM Declassified, 2K Games and former UFO Investigator Nick Pope want to hear your extra-terrestrial stories!

edit on 27-8-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NickPope

Well this thread is going to take ages to read through and I guess most questions have been asked and answered.

I will try to read through it but I'd like to ask for a fun question/serious question:

Would you happen to know if our current Government or Previous ones have ever had any 'Aliens' working for them? Or helping the MOD or US Army with any Technologies?

One other:

Should we believe 'David Icke' when he says there are 'Lizard' people running certain Governments?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lazernation

It's a very good question and I'm sorry to have to confess that I don't know the answer. When I was at the MoD, if I wanted radar data, all I had to do was lift the phone and ask. Most UFO reports were automatically copied to RAF radar experts anyway, but when I wanted to proactively check, all I had to do was give the date, time and location, and ask if anything unusual was detected. I'd then get the data loaded onto a VHS video cassette and I'd watch it on TV, getting a talk through from an RAF expert. But what civilians can do, I don't know. FOI is probably the best place to start, to see what data is held and what data is accessible. When I was on the UFO project, military radar data was only kept for around a month. So far as the US is concerned, MUFON made multiple FOI requests in their investigation of the January 8, 2008 Stephenville sightings. See pages 8-10 for details of what radar data was accessed and how it was obtained:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Hi Nick, in your time at the British Government, did you ever get called into the big office and given orders to keep quiet about anything you were investigating?

Also, what UFO/Alien paraphanalia/memorabilia adorned your desk and walls, anything fun like the gimmicks many offices have?

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

When you meet Travis Walton (as I have on several occasions) and look into his eyes, watch his body language, etc., you see signs of PTSD. I see the same thing with people like John Burroughs and Jim Penniston. These are all big guys; loggers; military personnel; they don't scare easily. So clearly, something pretty unusual has happened to these guys.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This thread has gotten a lot of attention and a lot of responses, so I can understand that some posts were answered and some weren't. I'm going to give this a third and final shot by posting my questions here.

Hello Mr. Pope! I've heard some of your past interviews on ATS Live Radio and I was very intrigued by some of the things you talked about. Skinwalker Ranch - that was you, right? Loved it. It amazes me that there may be layers to this reality which seem to defy everything we know about this world. Entities and powers that would be very at home in a fantasy novel. Very exciting stuff. It sounds like you know what you're doing and I don't think I'm alone when I thank you for doing it. As you say, UFOs deserve a fair amount of investigating, since there is evidence to believe we are not alone in this world...at least, not as alone as some may believe.

I'll try for some ORIGINAL questions, seeing as how you're getting a lot of the same stuff:

1. What has been the most rewarding experience in what you've done to date? What has made this career the most worthwhile to you?

2. You said you are neither a skeptic nor a believer. What is the closest you've ever been to believing in extraterrestrial life? How has that impacted your work and how you look at other projects?

3. There's a few aspiring (or so it would seem
) ufologists here on AboveTopSecret.com. What would you give them in terms of advice regarding their approach or mindset should they begin to take the field a little more seriously? Do you have anything you'd want them to remember or think would help them as they take on their own investigations? Maybe something you wish you'd known before you started out?

Again, thanks so much for your time. You have a lot of admirers on the forum, and I'm glad we have this opportunity to learn from you personally.

If my post goes unanswered this time...well, can't miss what I never had, right? I can always go back and read all of Nick Pope's answers to other members. If nothing else, that should be an educational experience. Thanks again, Mr. Pope, for taking the time to sate our morbid curiosity.

edit on 27-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NickPope
When you meet Travis Walton (as I have on several occasions) and look into his eyes, watch his body language, etc., you see signs of PTSD. I see the same thing with people like John Burroughs and Jim Penniston. These are all big guys; loggers; military personnel; they don't scare easily. So clearly, something pretty unusual has happened to these guys.

The PTSD "observation" would also be concatenate with Jacques Vallee's, and even Steve LaPlume's, theories about the Rendlesham incident. I do hope that angle is also addressed in your book, which I am definitely looking forward to.

edit on 27-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Come on Nick!
This is Above Top Secret. We love the unexplained, mysterious etc. Give us something juicey.
If you cant directly, then point us in the right direction for something we havn't asked about, that you know would get our juices flowing.
Have you knowledge about an event that the public dont know about?
Is there anything you've never said in public that might raise a few eyebrows?
I know you've something for us Nick, dont hold back

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks again Mr. Pope for taking all this time to respond to an absolute barrage of questions. I hope SkepticOverlord takes you out for a nice steak dinner!

I'd like to ask two more questions:

What is your opinion on the Billy Meier story?

Were crop circles part of your area of investigations and if so, what conclusions have you been able to make?

Apologies if these questions have been asked and once again.....thanks for your time!

SS

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Come on Nick!
This is Above Top Secret. We love the unexplained, mysterious etc. Give us something juicey.
If you cant directly, then point us in the right direction for something we havn't asked about, that you know would get our juices flowing.
Have you knowledge about an event that the public dont know about?
Is there anything you've never said in public that might raise a few eyebrows?
I know you've something for us Nick, dont hold back

My buddy is in the Air Force. Currently enlisted, just concluded training. Speaking from my experiences with interviewing him about his knowledge regarding military data, I can tell you that Nick Pope is bound by his oath to the point that he can't even admit to knowing sensitive information. He can't tell you if the information exists, if he knows its content, or where you can find out more about it. He can tell you his opinion, but he can't tell you why he has that opinion. He can tell you his feelings, but he can't tell you why he feels that way. He cannot in any way allude to, divulge, or assist you in finding, information that his oath forbids him to disclose. That's the whole point of the oath.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
double post

edit on 27/8/13 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Hello Nick. It might interest you slightly that I was one of the people who saw the craft in 1993. The triangular one.

It was right outside my house. My first post on ATS was about it. It was huge, had an appearance like that of a watery black metal, it had a light that grew and could morph into different tones of colour, it was deadly silent and had a green 'laser' that emitted out of the side of it. It made no noise at all and kept tumbling around like it had string through the middle sort of thing. On it's axis. It (you didn't mention this, though one experiencer might have mentioned it to you, and this will solidify my sighting) has the ability to fold in on itself at a very slow speed, like it would move to the side until one side overlapped the other and it'd vanish, then it'd reappear somewhere else in the same fashion, this time folding outwards. It had 'no' visible exhaust device at all, it was a solid pyramid and the surface (as I said earlier) had a watery effect, the light kind of danced on the top and could move around freely. It couldn't stay still either, it looked like it was literally vibrating the air around it, the distortion didn't go away either, it was constantly around the craft. It also took off straight up, and didn't make a sound. Or leave a trail.

Are any of these things I'm saying ringing a bell for that case? This is truly what I saw and a conformation would lift my spirit greatly, if you have time to reply to me that is.

Regards.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Nick,

I Very much agree about Travis W.

1. I'm curious, if you've seen him, as I have, on at least a couple of different occasions spaced at least a year apart. The 2nd time, he seemed to have worked the PTSD factors through much more. Was that your observation?

BTW, I had not caught the video listed above by Joseph Jordan, somehow. IT IS WELL WORTH VIEWING, imho.

2. If you watch it, my question would be . . . WHY do so many "biggy" UFO investigators not want to touch that aspect with a 50' pole?

As Guy Malone asserted, 100% of the biggy name recognized investigators affirmed off the record that THEY TOO HAD quite a number of cases affirming the same thing. Yet they won't touch it or admit it.

vimeo.com...

3. What have you learned ABOUT YOURSELF from all your UFO investigations?

4. What have you learned about the PTB oligarchy, structure, personages from all your investigations?

5. How much more [1-10 scale?] or how much less are you NOW WILLING to follow the data, the evidence wherever it leads? . . . and would that include even to the data in this kind of video and Guy Malone's work--i.e. that spiritual warfare has an impact stopping abductions etc?

6. It appears that attacking Syria is on the near horizon--perhaps very near--and that such will be escalated deliberately into genocidal population reduction oriented WW3. Some of us have long speculated that when WW3 comes, the UFOs and critters will overtly manifest themselves in a GRAND DECEPTION ploy to force the world more obviously into a one world government and one world religion. From your contacts and experiences, what would you say about such a possible scenario and it's likelihood?

edit on 27/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: added to mods

edit on 27/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: added q's

edit on 27/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: left link out

edit on 27/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: cleaning up editing formatting goofs

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

My buddy is in the Air Force. Currently enlisted, just concluded training. Speaking from my experiences with interviewing him about his knowledge regarding military data, I can tell you that Nick Pope is bound by his oath to the point that he can't even admit to knowing sensitive information. He can't tell you if the information exists, if he knows its content, or where you can find out more about it. He can tell you his opinion, but he can't tell you why he has that opinion. He can tell you his feelings, but he can't tell you why he feels that way. He cannot in any way allude to, divulge, or assist you in finding, information that his oath forbids him to disclose. That's the whole point of the oath.

But there's the rub, what ATS people are looking for are whistle blowers, no disrespect to Nick but being unable to divulge details or even allude to hints about things makes for less interesting talks.

We can already discuss old events in great detail and have done many times and they are brilliant threads but when you get a special guest on you are really hoping for MORE and that's why I initially posted what I did. Nick comes across as a lovely bloke and I'm sure his work was done bloody well and of importance but us people are yearning for answers and when you have a true blue Government EX employee you sit and wait for the tit bits and secrets to either come out or are hinted at.

I've seen 4 star Generals give details of things that their oath forbids them for doing and walk away untouched physically or job wise, surely Nick if there was something that was of great interest to us you could at least offer a hint rather than "I'm not permitted to talk about it" as I doubt very much you will be hunted down and water boarded..

For me it also raises the notion of what will be in Nicks books if its all closed doors, there are already a million and one books doing explorations of old cases in a variety of detail, to be honest some of the best case studies have been done by the fine membership of this forum, outstanding cases studies and not padded out with stuff to fill pages for the publisher, just cold hard research.

No one on here wants to see Nick sent to prison for breaking an oath but again with no disrespect there has to be more than posting your thoughts on old cases, pictures of celebs and stories about doing PR for a console game, we feed like Vampires on the veins of Ufology, we want blood!!

Just being honest...To be fair to Nick the thread is still interesting and he shows good knowledge but we are ravenous for the gory details!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Mr Pope.are you aware of the strange sky sounds people are hearing worldwide,the rumbling,the trumpet sounds,i have heard the huge rumbling i was outside on a clear day and the huge rumbling sound was coming from the sky,i can assure i looked up to see if there was anything there,i was scared to death thinking something huge was flying over head, do you have any theory on this,i was thinking something with a cloaking device maybe alien in nature beyond our technology

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Thank you for your kind words about my work. And asking how best to start UFO research is a great question, given the volume of information out there, and the multitude of bogus material, claims, etc. Firstly, get a good overview of the subject, past and present, but without information overload. If you had to read just four authors, I'd point people towards the works of Ruppelt, Hynek, Kean and Alexander. Secondly, learn how to make focused and targeted FOI requests. Thirdly, without meaning to be patronizing, learn critical thinking: e.g. finding original sources, recognizing that Wikipedia isn't always a reliable source of information, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jasmine23

Mr Pope.are you aware of the strange sky sounds people are hearing worldwide,the rumbling,the trumpet sounds,i have heard the huge rumbling i was outside on a clear day and the huge rumbling sound was coming from the sky,i can assure i looked up to see if there was anything there,i was scared to death thinking something huge was flying over head, do you have any theory on this,i was thinking something with a cloaking device maybe alien in nature beyond our technology

Oh yeah, that was discussed during one of his ATS Live Radio interviews. There's really no conclusive answer for that sound...or so he said.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Mr Pope, I am glad to hear that you do not hold any preconceived bias in your investigations. It makes me believe that you seek only the truth. You have spent an entire career seeking the truth but sometimes all we can collect in our investigations are pieces. That being said, when you gather up all of the pieces, all of the stories, all of the evidence you collected over your career- what do you see?

Is there a pattern? Is there any evidence that supports that we are being watched by otherworldly entities? Or is all of this just the human need to fill the unknown with a known?

I too spend much of my time investigating, wondering, hoping. But I want to know which direction to look in- whether it be the sky, quantum physics, or something else...

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Thanks for that answer i didn;t hear that program,but i sure would like to know what those sounds are,freaky and scary

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join