Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Super Bowl XLVIII to be 'Storm Bowl'

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Super Bowl XLVIII - MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ - February 2, 2014
TWO things make this look like it'll be 'Storm Bowl' instead of Super Bowl .... IMHO
Something to keep an eye on ...

Chris Christie says he wants a blinding snow storm for the Superbowl!!

Gov. Christie on Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium: “What’s the problem? They play in snow all the time. What’s the problem? Listen, I’ve already got the plows fired up. They’re good to go, they’re ready to go. Let me tell you, nobody is going to be slipping on ice and not being able to get to the stadium. We’re from New Jersey! It snows all the time. What’s the problem? (A) blinding snowstorm is what I’d like. I’d like a blinding snowstorm during the game. It would be amazing.”

Geeeeze .. he's so arrogant ... he's tempting God Himself. Watch out Christie ... God may just take you up on this! I predict God will humble Christie with a massive blizzard ... the likes of something we have never seen before in New Jersey. And I predict that New Jersey won't be able to handle it.

Oh .. and I checked out the Farmers Almanac -
Farmers Almanac Predicts Super Bowl XLVIII to be Storm- Bowl

Farmers Almanac - Feb 1-3 calls for a big storm and bitterly cold for that time period.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Football in the snow is a lot of fun. I see where Christie is coming from. The sport is one of the few that actually mans up and plays in inclement weather (barring lightning and other more crazy storms). I was always confused why the Super Bowl HAD to be held in a warm weather stadium or domed stadium.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
CBS News

More on the Farmers Almanac predictions. It'll be bitterly cold. It's going to be really snowy.
It's going to be a messy winter.

I just told my husband that this morning. I figured that since it was a pleasant cool and wet summer,
then it's going to be a really cool and wet winter. Messy.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If I recall the last Super Bowl in Detroit it was a real MESS people could hardly mak it to the game

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

It's played in warm weather stadiums to generate more revenue. Bad snowstorms make people stay indoors and very few folks who are willing to pay the high prices want to sit in the cold. Beer sells better when the weather is warm. Drunk fans are more willing to part with cash.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Yea can't have those rich out-of-towners not parting with their money... Our nation's celebrities and rich folk need to be comfortable when they watch the most popular sporting event in the country.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Flyersfan, you may be correct that this winter is going to be messy. However, it is hard to really call this with absolute certainty since we are in an ENSO-neutral pattern (neither El Nino nor La Nina), so it could go either way.

I did read that Farmer's Almanac is calling for a cold and messy winter. They do not have the best track record.....but something tells me that this winter will be a continuation of this summer, which has been abnormally cool (at least for Texas) and rather wet.

It'll be really amusing to see Gov. Christie eat a little humble pie....the one thing he apparently doesn't gorge himself on.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
something tells me that this winter will be a continuation of this summer, which has been abnormally cool (at least for Texas) and rather wet.

That's exactly what I said to my husband yesterday. I thought that the summer was cool and wet and I was thinking that it would be a cool wet winter. We talked about making sure the snowblower was working well ... and then today this story came out.

It'll be really amusing to see Gov. Christie eat a little humble pie....the one thing he apparently doesn't gorge himself on.

I thought his statement was really tempting God. Sort of like 'come do your best with a winter storm ... we can handle it ... we are Jersey!' If I were God, I'd nail him a good one ....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
hrmmm... yes... yes... entering OP into the think tank... Million dollar TV commercial slots... Computing, 6 digit or higher salary to throw a pig skin... Further analysis... Farmers Almanac data entered... Anaylization complete~

Do you choose heads or tails??? The game will go on!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Do you choose heads or tails??? The game will go on!

I just think Christies thumbing his nose at God. It reminded me of how some folks said that the Titanic was 'unsinkable'. Then ... WHAM .. within days it was sunk. Tempting fate with ego ....

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I still can't figure out why the NFL would put on it's premium game of the year in a place that will be, WILL be, messy. That being said the Niners are one of the few warm area teams that can play well in the junk as well.

new topics

top topics

join