It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Tea Could be Used As An Antibiotic By Adding Salt - eXCITING

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
I've had pink eye in the past, which is usually treated with antibiotic drops.
Last time when I was getting the feeling of needles in the eyeballs (pre pink eye), the doctor wrote me a prescription, but said don't get it filled if I can fight it off with a natural method. Green tea bags over the eyes.
It worked

That is what I do. Well done!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yup ,i have 3 cups of the stuff everyday, helps with digestion and rids the body of toxins, great for the complexion and weight management too

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The article cited in the OP is referring to the benefits of utilizing green tea with salt to create a coating to be applied to medical devices prior to surgical implantation to prevent them from later infection.
Devices such as pacemakers, artificial joints like hips and knees are prone to harboring nastys like MRSA, and must be replaced in MRSA patients, otherwise the device will reinfect the patient over and over again.

Although its well documented the many health benefits of various uses of tea, this article is about the antibacterial coating this combination produces on synthetic medical devices prior surgical implantation, and how it protects the device from becoming post surgically infected.

All the salt does is chemically alter the tea to create a polimer that prevents the coating from being washed off/removed easily from the plastic/metal parts of the device.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2013 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

The Tea Party would never allow that!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Staroth
reply to post by beckybecky

Green Tea Could be Used As An Antibiotic By Adding Salt say researchers and the method is quick and cheap.

I did not find the word "Antibiotic" used once in the linked article you provided. Perhaps you meant to say antibacterial?

you are totally correct.an oversight on my part in my enthusiasm to post about this.

however may be should try and test for antibiotic use as well?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

great news!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asikakim
I used green tea with salt to my digestion problems, but didn't knew it could be used as a antibiotic. Here is another: half cup of coffee with half cup of fresh orange juice: INSTANT POWER to the inmunological system.

Which is a good brand or type of green tea to consume. There are so many ones out there, but I want to know what is the BEST green tea...ie. most effective.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm not into antibiotics. Still interesting.

Green tea I do drink occasionally. Keep in mind that too much tea can cause kidney stones.
Everything in excess is of course bad. Too much vitamins can cause defects and illnesses.
Too much water can kill you. Etc.

And dark chocolate, it's part of my daily intake. I love it and it's healthy.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
What an interesting thought. I know that green tea has many healing properties, but who would have known...

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
since everyone's on the tea, i'll take the red wine and dark chocolate
mmm.

interesting to learn someone uses green tea as a mouth rinse, been researching natural methods for better oral care, i settled on a sea salt water solution but i may just throw a tea bag in there, see how it goes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
why is this new news? i think drinking any tea can cure most ailments. drink tea, and drink plenty.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I read the article and it did not say anything about antibiotics. The research was about producing coatings for medical implants which kill bacteria. It would not work if you ingested the substance however it should work for external application to the skin to treat infection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join