It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic lodge meetings and questionable activities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I saw this first in the language of vampyr thread and was immensely shocked, I wanted to post it as a new thread rather than take the conversation off on a tangent, is this really what goes on in masonic lodge?

I'm having trouble pasting the link to make it appear (perhaps someone could embed it for me):

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-8-2013 by oxford because: having trouble pasting the link!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A lodge must be opened.
To open a lodge, all present must be a Master Mason. Women can not be Masons.

If you notice, none of the 'Masons' shown are wearing an apron, either.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not completely true.
There are different ways of opening a lodge.
edit on 26-8-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by oxford

Brilliant.
Masons = Players

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

Not completely true.

Which one allows women to be present?

I have never been to an opening where the garb wasn't present either.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It could be a bachelor party a mans 60 birthday or any number of other events. Masonic Halls are often rented out for Party's.This is not A Masonic meeting!
But it does look like A Masonic lodge or hall. Hope this helps.

Not a Bad dancer though.

Not completely true.

Your obliviously not A Mason and your ignorance of the subject shows. Why post about something you have no knowledge of? All masonic opening and closing are all the same except for maybe a few words. This is true of all masonic lodges. I have been to quite a few meeting At different lodges in my state and in others. Its the Same everywhere I can assure you.

Here is the Website for my lodge you can get alot of info from our page and ask questions

edit on 26-8-2013 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pez1975

I actually got accepted into the local lodge. I decided not to join in the end.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

reply to post by pez1975

I actually got accepted into the local lodge. I decided not to join in the end.

You must be made a master mason to be present for a lodge opening. A woman can not be made a mason.
All of this is open knowledge available in books and online.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
That's actually only partially correct - it depends which Degree the Lodge is opened in. Entered Apprentices are present when the Lodge is opened in the first degree - it's only in the third Degree that only Master Masons are present.

I don't see anything wrong with the video. It's certainly not a Lodge room. It could be a Masonic hall which has been rented out. For all you know, it might be a cabaret show for a Masonic charity - there's no proof that it's even a stripper. But it isn't a formal Masonic meeting, or regalia would be worn, and it would be in a Lodge room.

edit on 26/8/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
That's actually only partially correct - it depends which Degree the Lodge is opened in. Entered Apprentices are present when the Lodge is opened in the first degree - it's only in the third Degree that only Master Masons are present.

In my jurisdiction we only open on the Third Degree.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Any openings that I have attended that were not third degree were for initiation. What other reason is there to open in other than the third degree?
The brotherhood is dying and there are fewer men being made masons today.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with the video. It's certainly not a Lodge room. It could be a Masonic hall which has been rented out. For all you know, it might be a cabaret show for a Masonic charity - there's no proof that it's even a stripper. But it isn't a formal Masonic meeting, or regalia would be worn, and it would be in a Lodge room.

edit on 26/8/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

This is what I meant earlier before everyone started jumping to assumptions on my knowledge in freemasonry.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
As far as the Op goes, there is no way to prove that any of the men present are Masons.

There is only one way to be certain of that, and the video does not impart that information.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This is what I meant earlier before everyone started jumping to assumptions on my knowledge in freemasonry.

You still would be required to wear aprons and jewels and not have women present (in a regualr jurisdiction).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
Any openings that I have attended that were not third degree were for initiation. What other reason is there to open in other than the third degree?

Some jursidictions do not open on the Master Mason degree.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

We open and do all the business in the first, and only open in two and three if we are doing a working. In my jurisdiction, EAs and FCs also are allowed to vote, and so are always present for the business.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

We open and do all the business in the first, and only open in two and three if we are doing a working. In my jurisdiction, EAs and FCs also are allowed to vote, and so are always present for the business.

Wow. Never heard of that.
But I don't get around much.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by oxford

If that was a stripper I would ask for my money back...if anything it was a lady dancing...apparently some of us have a different idea of what a stripper does...and they are dues paying members, who cares what they do in their lodge...
edit on 26-8-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join