It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Edgar Cayce Cosmology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

Permafrost and glaciers.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
For those of you that had questioned why we don't remember past loves....

Have you never had one of those, "dejavu" moments?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bowtomonkey

It's purely elevations, it has nothing to do with any subjective factor. Land that is currently below 250' above sea level will flood (look at Florida and the Mississippi basin.)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Each and every experience - no matter how big or small - is a chance for personal growth.

How does babies being born and dying right off fit. Guess part of the no matter how small.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
reply to post by Darkblade71

Maybe it was Japan. Either way, still false. Or look into his The Lindbergh kidnapping readings – a complete failure. Or his medicines – quackery.

oh, his medicines must have been quackery--all organic nutrition, oils and herbs, fresh air and such--no real chemical pharmaceutical medicine at all! though patients did receive healings deemed impossible by mainstram allopathic practitioners.

those 14,000-odd remote medical viewings were from all indications amazingly on target, as well. one thing he got right was the exact date the war ended.

are you very young and extra-wise there, mr. ninja, or just that type of personality?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Has Edgar Cayce reincarnated? Has his present reincarnation made any more predictions?

Sorry the whole Cayce phenom seems contrived and a bit cheezy.
edit on 26-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

his meducal remote viewings and diagnoses (and not actually his, but from distinguished practitioners on the other side) are by far his most impressive legacy, totalling over 14,000, i believe.

your remarks indicate little knowledge of cayce and his work. btw, he worked himself to death doing those taxing readings because he couldn't say no to suffering souls. was told to slow way down, but ignored medical advice knowing the consequence.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives.

Let us give the example of the man who sees all the poker hands. He then knows the game. It is but child’s play to gamble, for it is no risk. The other hands are known. The possibilities are known and the hand will be played correctly but with no interest.

Let us re-examine this metaphor and multiply it into the longest poker game you can imagine, a lifetime. The cards are love, dislike, limitation, unhappiness, pleasure, etc. They are dealt and re-dealt and re-dealt continuously. You may, during this incarnation begin — and we stress begin — to know your own cards. You may begin to find the love within you. You may begin to balance your pleasure, your limitations, etc. However, your only indication of other-selves’ cards is to look into the eyes.

You cannot remember your hand, their hands, perhaps even the rules of this game. This game can only be won by those who lose their cards in the melting influence of love; can only be won by those who lay their pleasures, their limitations, their all upon the table face up and say inwardly: “All, all of you players, each other-self, whatever your hand, I love you.” This is the game: to know, to accept, to forgive, to balance, and to open the self in love. This cannot be done without the forgetting, for it would carry no weight in the life of the mind/body/spirit beingness totality.

This is a quote from what is know as the Ra Material, or The Law of One. It seems like a very succinct and probable explanation in my estimation.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Wasn't there recently a story about a crystal pyramid being found off the Yucatan peninsula?

Maybe that is the weapon.

Edit to add: Not to mention the tunnels they found under the Giza plateau that connect all of the pyramids. The hall of records could easily be there. Of course with all the turmoil going on there right now it could be years before we know.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Cayce.. being a fortean I know about him, of course. He surely had a gift, and as with most gifted people, his gift led him on errant ways sometimes. But it is undeniable the man had special powers.

Now, many of you know that I am, like many forteans, an anarchist. And it struck me, when I read this prediction of Cayce, that he seems to refer to .. anarchy

Cayce said: “…for changes are coming, this may be sure — an evolution or revolution in the ideas of religious thought. The basis of it for the world will eventually come out of Russia. Not communism, no! But rather that which is the basis of the same as the Christ taught — his kind of communism.”

What Christ taught - is anarchy. And aren't the writings of Kropotkin, honoured by all Russians, the inspiring source of hope for all enlighted thinkers? That cooperation is key, not competion. That we survive because we help each other, not because we compete.

What do you think, ATS, might Cayce refer to a form of anarchy as the new world religion?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Man, Edgar helped me get back to Christ (he has an entire book on Christ and the essenes that is amazing) but unfortunately, it now appears likely that all "channeled" info is nothing moire than luciferian deception, as per Carolyn Hamlett and other's testimonies...

reincarnation is not Biblical (and I have read much of the Nag Hammadi, Dead Sea, Kolbrin Bible, Pistis Sophia, etc) and looked into NDEs and other phenomenon like this extensively.

I used to think it was the correct path. BUt I asked God for guidance and have been shown many things simply by making the choice to question.

the Hindu gods are just demons and fallen ones...

if it is true what we think matters when we die, it might be important to have a loving and forgiving God on your mind, not some trap of endless cycles and a caste system and demons "gods" to worship...

second, although the idea of reincarnation is hinted at with people like Elijah, in the bible, this kind of thing is reserved for elect the Divine chooses to send here for our salvation.

The Bible is very clear: we come once and we are judged once by God.

Reincarnation is a trap to make you believe you need to evolve, rather than seek forgiveness for your imperfections... this can be very over-whelming to people who have done some really bad things. God offers forgiveness to ALL through Jesus Christ, who is our legal Advocate at judgement.

I could go on about the new age origins of this current trend and how it is all "channeled" info from people like Alice Baily and Blavatsky, who openly declare their worship of lucifer. Blavatsky had a magazine called "lucifer" and Baily was publishing under "lucifer trust"...

but I won't. Please ask the one true God for understanding. this reality is about free will and choices... it has rules and we have been dumbed down from our spiritual strength in Jesus Christ.

Just look at the bias against Him in culture. Satanists and occultists have infiltrated the church since Roman times. Christ said where two or more are gathered in His name: that is His church.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
the creation reflects us. DNA complexity proves there is no evolution.

It falls when we do, but it is not hopless.

the only proven method to fight evil here:

Transformations 1

youtu.be...

interestingly, pride is the only thing in the way of us having utopia on earth... pride is the reason for this reality. we must learn to ween ourselves from it if we want true love.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I used to be a Edgar Cayce fan, still am in some ways. Some of the things he did are still to this day unexplained. But as I was grew and learned about L Ron Hubbard and Scientology, it seems to me IMHO that Mr.Hubbard was a hugh fan of Edgar Cayce.

Cayce says an spirit lives with us, that when we REM sleep the spirit leaves our bodies and can travel anywhere in the cosmos.( Pretty much the same as scientology, IMHO.) We can re-incarnate as many times as we need to in order to become closer to the creator according to Cayce, to learn the lessons we need to in the physical form. The big difference in Edgar CAyce and L Ron Hubbard is money. Cayce took none and died pretty much poor. L Ron Hubbard started a religion and broke the bank.

When you read about Cayce & L Ron Hubbard and the workings and beleifs of scientology, you can see how much they mirror each other. Cayce was by far more accurate in some of his readings than I have ever read about any where. He did have a gift and he did have an ability that most of us do not have. But he always said we all could learn to tap into the Akashic Book of records( spelled that wrong). Maybe that's what's in that 90% of the brain we dont use. Yea Edgar CAyce did some really amazing things. I might suggest a book for you. It;s The Edgar Cayce Companion by B.Ernest Frejer. It contains every reading Edgar Cayce ever gave. It's broken down into the different aspects of his readings.

Ex: Past lives, health, God, Re-incarnation, earth changes, a really good read and reference book for all things Edgar Cayce. My copy sits right next too, God is not great: How religion spoils everything by Christopher Hitchens and The old Testament I sandwich that bible inbetween those two books. I have yet to be smited. Good thread S&F.
edit on 27-8-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

Edgar Cayce on Quackwatch

A case of the blind leading the blind I think.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

L Ron Hubbard, What a fraud in my opinion, He was a moderately talented sci fi author with a great imagination and a wicked sense of humor but as I remember He once said if you wish to be rich and powerful start your own religion and taking his own advice did just that several years later.

I never knew he had plagiarized several other sources to do so though and find you post enlightening, like yourself judging by your thread I have no time for Scientology or it's adherent's, and while I personally never liked the quatrains of Nostradamus I actually like Cayce though have not read much on his prophetic vision's.

Then again I am no one to judge anyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I can fully see why any one who has had Christian influences has a hard time with reincarnation.

If you reincarnate then you obviously are not judged for your sins and sent to either heaven or hell. So their teaching goes out the window. Heaven and hell are ingrained to you don't get past them easily.

I did hear that reincarnation was not flowned upon and accepted for the early Fathers simply because you have Elijah coming back and many asked if Christ (or John the Baptist - can't remember which) if he was Elijah, so reincarnation was not a strange concept or a foreign one. However I never heard of it when I was at school or living my life till sometime in the 1980's. Since the steady influence of Eastern Religions and mass immigration a lot of things from other cultures has come into main-stream and our awareness have opened up.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Each and every experience - no matter how big or small - is a chance for personal growth.

How does babies being born and dying right off fit. Guess part of the no matter how small.

Supposedly we pick our lives ahead of time. So those babies who die early know that they will be here a short time. They basically give their lives so others can gain the experience of dealing with the death of a child. Now please note ... I'm not saying that I buy that .... I'm saying that is what the Cayce Cosmology points to. Supposedly the experience of the death of a child is supposed to help the parents in the long run spiritually .. I don't see how it can. Everyone I know who has lost a young child has also lost faith.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Verum1quaere

Carolyn Hamlett is an idiot.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Supposedly we pick our lives ahead of time. So those babies who die early know that they will be here a short time. They basically give their lives so others can gain the experience of dealing with the death of a child. Now please note ... I'm not saying that I buy that .... I'm saying that is what the Cayce Cosmology points to. Supposedly the experience of the death of a child is supposed to help the parents in the long run spiritually .. I don't see how it can. Everyone I know who has lost a young child has also lost faith.

Well at least that does make sense of that, the coming to die is not for the one who did not experience much of anything but to strengthen the ones who lost the child.
I have two past life memories..two lives so I believe we come back.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'm actually quite surprised you have a topic about Edgar Cayce. Maybe my memory is not keeping up well these days but I could have sworn you didn't believe in reincarnation or anything of which Edgar teaches/taught.

Either way... Cayce is a favorite topic of mine.

Growing up and dealing with a lot of death lead me to Edgar Cayce's books. Over the years I have read all of them, or so I think.

The last book I read is called "Edgar Cayce's Story of the Bible". Really good book!

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Our bodies are just a temporal home. When having human bodies in reincarnation after reincarnation is no longer useful for us, then we will no longer have them. We are not organic bodies with souls but instead we are spiritual beings who are having an organic experience. The purpose of human life is to gain experiences .

I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives. Egar Cayce is the only psychic I have respect for as he predicted there is a chamber under the Sphinx paw ( Hall of records).

A lot of people do remember past lives. Although not everyone. There are examples of children who start talking about tons of things they should not know about, and it turns out they were reporting past life experiences, in one case I believe it was a fighter pilot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join