It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Edgar Cayce Cosmology

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by akushla99

...because there's no way we could have influenced the climate?

He predicted that California would fall into the ocean, which is a physical impossibility. What does the climate have to do with resolving that?

...because there's no way the sea level could rise to cover sea-ward land?
...so yeah, sea levels rising is probably a physical impossibility, cos its never happened, right?

Here is a map of sea levels if every bit of polar ice melted, which is unlikely. The red areas are those that would be under water, and California does not appear to have disappeared. Anything about 250 feet above sea level would not be flooded, and that covers most of California.

Never mind that the prediction was that it would happen as a result of an earthquake, not melting polar ice caps.

...and a massive earthquake is completely out of the question?

2nd line

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Of course not, I think a massive earthquake for SoCal is way overdue.

But California cannot "fall into the ocean" -- in Cayce's time, it was believed that the geomorphic structure of the area was such that, in the case of a large tremor on the San Andreas fault, everything to the west of that line would, effectively, tip over and be submerged, or the fault would split and sea water would rush in to create an island, but further exploration has shown that is impossible. The fault is a slip/strike fault, meaning that it moves horizontally, not vertically, or apart, so an event such as was described is not going to happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

But California cannot "fall into the ocean" -- in Cayce's time, it was believed that the geomorphic structure of the area was such that, in the case of a large tremor on the San Andreas fault, everything to the west of that line would, effectively, tip over and be submerged, or the fault would split and sea water would rush in to create an island, but further exploration has shown that is impossible. The fault is a slip/strike fault, meaning that it moves horizontally, not vertically, or apart, so an event such as was described is not going to happen.

...as you have written it, so shall it be (cos I wouldnt want this to happen either)...

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

(AthlonSavage) I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives.

Plenty of people remember past lives. I've remembered pieces of a few. The psychologist Ian Stevenson has several works on that, he was so fascinated he ended up making it his primary focus.

But for the most part, it wouldn't work out well if people did commonly or to any great degree. Memory is a burden as much as anything else.

I called it "The Injustice of Forgetfullness" for many years. But perhaps it's really a mercy.
edit on 26-8-2013 by RedCairo because: added quote

edit on 26-8-2013 by RedCairo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Most of the major earth changes have been put off for the time being, thankfully. Give thanks to the Creator, as it is their final decision if and when these major changes will occur, based mainly on the overall behavior of humankind in relation to one another.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by FlyersFan

Our bodies are just a temporal home. When having human bodies in reincarnation after reincarnation is no longer useful for us, then we will no longer have them. We are not organic bodies with souls but instead we are spiritual beings who are having an organic experience. The purpose of human life is to gain experiences .

I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives. Egar Cayce is the only psychic I have respect for as he predicted there is a chamber under the Sphinx paw ( Hall of records).

I remember pre-existing prior to being born, discussing my life on "earth" and in a "body" and know quite a few people who remember their past lives

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I remember the last few hours of my last lifetime as well, so people do remember if it is important in some way to their spiritual growth, it does happen.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by dominicus

I remember the last few hours of my last lifetime as well, so people do remember if it is important in some way to their spiritual growth, it does happen.

YEs, it does happen. If you prod you're subconscious, and there are various ways to do so, all the memories are stored in there.....it's like Soul memory.

For me, it was probably one of THE most vital experiences in my Life, because know I just see existence as me being a tourist here. No attachments, simply passing through, detaching from everything I can as this shell/vessel get's a year older each year. Plus no fear of Death!!!!!

Grand stuff innit?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

I remember the last few minutes of my most recent past life .... I was a child in England during a Nazi air raid. I got blown up while playing on a playground. My (then) mother and her friends were standing next to the playground and when the sirens went off she simply said to ignore the sirens because they always went off and nothing happened. I remember seeing my mother from that time period ... her clothing ... the clothing of her friends.

I've had this recurring dream since childhood.

(And I hate sirens ... also probably explains why I'm a bit of a prepper).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Cayce didn't say that California was going to "fall into the ocean. This is what he said.

If there is the greater activities in the Vesuvius, or Pelee then the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt lake and the southern portions of Nevada may expect within the three months following same, an inundation by the earthquakes.

It's not unlikely for an earthquake in the Hawaiian chain to cause a tsunami along the coast of California and the Pacific Rim.

edit on 26-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I am not a psychic, but I am clairaudient - that means I hear personalities that have left this earth and can relay information from what they tell me. The clairaudience is as clear as one hears speaking to another party on the telephone, and I have had several contacts with Edgar Cayce regarding medical problems of others and a general discussion about what he thinks now that he has had time to reflect on the spiritual world he was resurrected upon at his death on earth,

For general information Cayce sees the proposed earth changes he prophsized in the 1940's and 50's as fairly accurate with what is coming.

Cayce also had to adjust his view of reincarnation now that he sees how the cosmology of the universe works with human life on earth

Cayce sees an end to education in the American culture within the next 15 years based on his observation that the toll on families as to cost and quality of education is not good enough to be acceptable to the people in a few decades of time.

His deep interest from his observation post of the spirit life is the light and life that is promised to arrive on our planet within the next few centuries thanks to several divine missions to change the culture and remake man in the image of the enlightened ones.

Cayce retains his remarkable ability to see and hear beyond his spirit senses and still amazes those with him his uncanny ability to scope out the truth often in very confusing situations.

Thank you

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Has anything Edgar Cayce said come true?

No Hall of Records has been found. No California has fallen into the sea. No Lemuria has been found. No atlantis or super crystal or death ray has been found. And he created Atlantic University, which gives out diplomas in such topics as "Introduction to trans-personal studies."

.....yet

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

Cayce didn't say that California was going to "fall into the ocean. This is what he said.

If there is the greater activities in the Vesuvius, or Pelee then the southern coast of California and the areas between Salt lake and the southern portions of Nevada may expect within the three months following same, an inundation by the earthquakes.

It's not unlikely for an earthquake in the Hawaiian chain to cause a tsunami along the coast of California and the Pacific Rim.

edit on 26-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

...but, of course, people love to tear down the specifics of prediction...

2nd line

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

...but, of course, people love to tear down the specifics of prediction...

Right......
..........The specifics of "if" and "may"!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Here he predicts his own reincarnation:

In 1936, Edgar Cayce had a prophetic dream of his reincarnation in the new USA:

"I had been born again in 2100 A.D. in Nebraska. The sea apparently covered all of the western part of the country, as the city where I lived was on the coast. The family name was a strange one. At an early age as a child I declared myself to be Edgar Cayce who had lived 200 years before. Scientists, men with long beads, little hair, and thick glasses, were called in to observe me. They decided to visit the places where I said I had been born, lived, and worked in Kentucky, Alabama, New York, Michigan, and Virginia. Taking me with them the group of scientists visited these places in a long, cigar-shaped metal flying ship which moved at a high speed. Water covered part of Alabama. Norfolk, Virginia, had become an immense seaport. New York had been destroyed either by war or an immense earthquake and was being rebuilt. Industries were scattered over the countryside. Most of the houses were built of glass. Many records of my work as Edgar Cayce were discovered and collected. The group returned to Nebraska, taking the records with them to study... These changes in the earth will come to pass, for the time and times and half times are at an end, and there begins those periods for the readjustments..."

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

If you hang around with the wrong crowd, you may wind up in a life of crime...if, for some reason, you change this, the liklihood of it happening might diminish.

...and if an outcome of a more positive nature occurs, does this make it less true, since the other outcome did not occur?

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I'm not an apologist for E.Casey.
But, the future includes all possibility...the 'if' and 'may' are dependent on many complex machinations...and 'not set in stone', looks very much like an excuse...but, really is the way the future inherently is...

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
Not remembering past lives is actually a requirement and one of the reasons why the system makes perfect sense. How are you supposed to work things out with someone who tortured and killed you in a past life if you remember everything and those memories feed your hatred towards that person? How are people who were incredibly wealthy in their past lives ever to go through a much needed experience of poverty when they remember their wealth still belong to them and can go ahead and claim it? These are just two examples why it's absolutely imperative that most of us don't remember our past lives. Also notice that the few who do are usually the ones who are ready to deal with them without harming their path to personal growth, like Cayce for instance.

Deny, may I ask you a question?
In regards to manifestation. In the sense you say 'go ahead and claim it' and what if the poor man, manifests wealth. Does he bypass the lesson in the process or is the lesson implied in the process of manifestation?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

...because there's no way we could have influenced the climate?

He predicted that California would fall into the ocean, which is a physical impossibility. What does the climate have to do with resolving that?

...because there's no way the sea level could rise to cover sea-ward land?
...so yeah, sea levels rising is probably a physical impossibility, cos its never happened, right?

Here is a map of sea levels if every bit of polar ice melted, which is unlikely. The red areas are those that would be under water, and California does not appear to have disappeared. Anything about 250 feet above sea level would not be flooded, and that covers most of California.

Never mind that the prediction was that it would happen as a result of an earthquake, not melting polar ice caps.

...and a massive earthquake is completely out of the question?

2nd line

Å99

Why ALL of Europe and RUSSIA?

That seems ego-centric

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

wouldn't it be difficult to acquire pure experiences and continue to learn if you had lifetimes upon lifetimes of experiences to sort through in every moment..? it would be like trying to watch multiple films at the same time and learn from each plot.. not impossible but most couldn't experience each as potently as watching each film individually (just as SOME claim to remember past lives, but for most there is not point..)

i hadn't really considered reincarnation or heaven until recent years, but when it comes down to it, what other system would make sense?? if everything is connected and interacting (the energy of the universe always equals 0) then how would consciousness be contained to just one body and ended after each life (the only legacy then would be the having of children, which is far from being a "meaning of life" in my view..)

any thoughts..?

-St1

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join