It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Edgar Cayce Cosmology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Read the thread. I gave some that came true .. like Hitler and the stock market crash.
As for NYC and California disappearing (earthquakes, etc) ... not yet.

Read his readings. All of them are completely vague that one is bound to "come true". This is quite a common method for psychics.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Our bodies are just a temporal home. When having human bodies in reincarnation after reincarnation is no longer useful for us, then we will no longer have them. We are not organic bodies with souls but instead we are spiritual beings who are having an organic experience. The purpose of human life is to gain experiences .

I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives. Egar Cayce is the only psychic I have respect for as he predicted there is a chamber under the Sphinx paw ( Hall of records).

So...do you have a trouble believing your birth?...cos you remember that, don't you?

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Read his readings. All of them are completely vague that one is bound to "come true". This is quite a common method for psychics.

Very true. Lots of 'psychics' give general readings or give predictions that will eventually come true ... like 'there will be a big earthquake in California at some point. So when it happens, they can say .. 'see, I predicted that' ... when in fact it was just common sense.

I hear ya' ....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Very true. Lots of 'psychics' give general readings or give predictions that will eventually come true ... like 'there will be a big earthquake in California at some point. So when it happens, they can say .. 'see, I predicted that' ... when in fact it was just common sense.

I hear ya' ....

'Predictions', by nature (future events that are predicated on free will input) are reliant (not a good word) on current conditions. Those conditions can and do change...earth based predictions (that deal with prescient climate change, perhaps in part, caused by human free will) change also...'the future is not set in stone'...

Å99
edit on 26-8-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I also appreciate the fact that Cayce never claimed any of his prophecies were "set in stone"- he always said that man had within his power to delay or even alter the future. If we are indeed here of our own free will then the future is ours to make.

For me, the counter to this is that if someone claims divine knowledge, as Cayce did, just one error is demonstrative of them not having any divine knowledge -- how can God be wrong? As for the above claim, that humans changed the future, I'm a little stumped as to how we prevented an earthquake that resulted in California falling into the ocean (CA "falling into the ocean" was thought to be possible in Cayce's time, we now know that, geophysically, that's impossible,) or New York City being destroyed in a natural calamity.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

I also appreciate the fact that Cayce never claimed any of his prophecies were "set in stone"- he always said that man had within his power to delay or even alter the future. If we are indeed here of our own free will then the future is ours to make.

For me, the counter to this is that if someone claims divine knowledge, as Cayce did, just one error is demonstrative of them not having any divine knowledge -- how can God be wrong? As for the above claim, that humans changed the future, I'm a little stumped as to how we prevented an earthquake that resulted in California falling into the ocean (CA "falling into the ocean" was thought to be possible in Cayce's time, we now know that, geophysically, that's impossible,) or New York City being destroyed in a natural calamity.

...because there's no way we could have influenced the climate?

2nd line

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Has Edgar Cayce reincarnated? Has his present reincarnation made any more predictions?

Sorry the whole Cayce phenom seems contrived and a bit cheezy.
edit on 26-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

We cannot completely alter naturally occurring weather patterns but we can "nudge" them a little. Add to that the fact that even the slightest change in anything can cause a graduating chain reaction. There is no certainty whether or not Cayce's predictions actually came from God or came from a source whom Cayce believed was God in his hypnotic state. Anyone, or anything, can pretend to be God to varying degrees.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thanks for that.
Maybe it was just in how it was phrased.
Sounds like what would happen with global warming/climate change.
Water rises and swallows the coasts.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

But they would have had to have had the same foreknowledge that we attribute to God, so it would be, in effect, God, either way.

Yes, complex systems can see minor variable shifts result in significant changes due to the nature of chaos, but a) I don't see the applicability to earthquakes (and, again, what he believed would happen cannot happen, though it was thought possible in his time) and b) if it is minor, random changes that caused the variation, then what's the point of a prediction? Anything that doesn't come true can be attributed to minor random changes, so making predictions becomes utterly worthless -- either you know the future, or you don't, and if minor random changes have that level of impact, you inherently don't know the future.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

He predicted that California would fall into the ocean, which is a physical impossibility. What does the climate have to do with resolving that?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

I am a Cayce believer, but no doubt that people will doubt.

Just curious, do you believe that psychic abilities are even possible?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

While I'm not sure Cayce ever predicted something useful for diverting disaster I'm sure we've figured out that things such as fracking and drilling near faultlines can trigger tremors. Who is to say that too much of either activity couldn't cause a larger quake when effects are cumulative? Sort of like scientists predicting the ocean levels to rise and consume coastlines as the glaciers and ice caps melt- we can do nothing to stop the melting, too many naturally occurring patterns factor in- but we can stop contributing to the small part we as humans contribute to the phenomena, thus slowing the process down.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I am a Cayce believer, but no doubt that people will doubt.

Just curious, do you believe that psychic abilities are even possible?

I have yet to see an example of any psychic ability that I could be convinced of. But it would be unreasonable to rule it out as a possibility. However, it would also be just as unreasonable to dismiss the evidence to the contrary of psychic abilities, of which there is just too much to sweep under a carpet.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Has Edgar Cayce reincarnated? Has his present reincarnation made any more predictions?

Before his death he did predict when and where he would be reincarnated.

Info from the Cayce Center in Virginia Beach
He predicted he would return in the flesh in 1998. So he'd be 15 years old right now I think ...
ETA .. the Cayce Center says they don't think he has reincarnated ... or they think he has and that
he hasn't 'awakened' to the fact that he was Edgar Cayce in a past life ...

edit on 8/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I have yet to see an example of any psychic ability that I could be convinced of.

I have been to three psychics in my lifetime.

One was a cold reading. Totally didn't connect.
One was pretty good. She got many things right but then added 'fillers' ... IMHO.
One was AWESOME. She totally connected. Told me things she couldn't have known.

I think there are a lot of frauds out there. A lot of 'cold readings'. But there are also a lot of real psychics and it's just a matter of finding one that is on the same vibration level that you are on. That sounds kind of wonky but I don't know how else to put it.

I found the really good one through a local psychic fair.

Anyone interested ... U2U me and I'll provide a link to the psychic who was really good with me.
I can't promise she'll connect with you ... but know that she did with me.
I won't post it on the thread because I don't know if that's allowed or not ...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

He predicted that California would fall into the ocean, which is a physical impossibility. What does the climate have to do with resolving that?

...because there's no way the sea level could rise to cover sea-ward land?
...so yeah, sea levels rising is probably a physical impossibility, cos its never happened, right?

Å99

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

He predicted he would return in the flesh in 1998. So he'd be 15 years old right now I think ...

From your link there:

Many people believe that Edgar Cayce's material would begin to return to the spotlight around 1998–making more and more individuals aware of the wealth of helpful insights he left behind. Interestingly enough, in December 1997 the A&E's Biography did a program on Edgar Cayce's life. At around the same time, a 26-week series on Edgar Cayce's life and work called The New Millennium starting airing on the Wisdom Cable Channel. In addition, since that time a new biography: Edgar Cayce: An American Prophet has been released in both hardback and paperback. A.R.E. has also launched a major website, attracting tens of thousands of "hits" per month. All of these things have certainly helped to heighten an awareness of the Cayce information.

Seriously?

1) Cayce makes a prediction that he'll return in 1998
2) Ahead of said return, the media does stories because of the expectation that interest will be heightened
3) Said media attention is put forth as evidence that he was right, in predicting that he would be notable in 1998

Such circular logic is enough to make your head a'splode, lol. I can't believe someone actually put that forth as a serious theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

ETA .. the Cayce Center says they don't think he has reincarnated ... or they think he has and that
he hasn't 'awakened' to the fact that he was Edgar Cayce in a past life ...

edit on 8/26/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

David Wilcock claims he is Cayce reincarnated. The Cayce Center does not support Wilcock's claim.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

...because there's no way the sea level could rise to cover sea-ward land?
...so yeah, sea levels rising is probably a physical impossibility, cos its never happened, right?

Here is a map of sea levels if every bit of polar ice melted, which is unlikely. The red areas are those that would be under water, and California does not appear to have disappeared. Anything about 250 feet above sea level would not be flooded, and that covers most of California.

Never mind that the prediction was that it would happen as a result of an earthquake, not melting polar ice caps.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join