It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Edgar Cayce Cosmology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A few weeks ago I was able to visit the Edgar Cayce Center in Virginia Beach. I had a brief tour of the facility and was able to pick up information on Edgar Cayce and his writings. Of course, this doesn't make me an expert on Edgar Cayce, but I thought I'd share some of what I learned. (anyone who is more 'up' on Cayce is very much welcome to correct what I post).

** make note .. I'm not pushing Cayce Cosmology, heck I haven't decided if I buy into much of it at all ... I'm just presenting it for those interested.

Edward Cayce. Also known as 'The Sleeping Prophet'. Americas most famous (or infamous?) psychic. Here are some quick facts on Edgar Cayce for those who don't know who he was.

Basic Cayce Cosmology = God is real and is pure love. He made the universe and it is orderly. God created humans to be His companions. It's our journey as humans that is making us worthy to be His companions.

Our natural life is 'spirit' and it didn't begin with our human birth but instead it goes back much further. God gave us all free will and freedom of choice to 'find ourselves'. It's through personal experiences that we gain our own identity ... being a part of God and still be uniquely ourselves. At the end of these experiences of finding ourselves, we return to God to be His companions and co-creators.

Our bodies are just a temporal home. When having human bodies in reincarnation after reincarnation is no longer useful for us, then we will no longer have them. We are not organic bodies with souls but instead we are spiritual beings who are having an organic experience. The purpose of human life is to gain experiences .

Prior to each life, the soul decides which experiences it needs in order to grow and 'find itself'. Life after life after life = experience after experience after experience. Experiences lead to acquired knowledge. Acquired knowledge leads to wisdom which leads to compassion. And compassion leads to love ... which God is ... LOVE.

To get to the ultimate goal .. being pure love .. the soul goes through an education process through experiences and learns cause and effect. Each experience is a challenge for the soul in order to make it into a better person, to grow toward the love. Each and every experience - no matter how big or small - is a chance for personal growth.

In regard to REINCARNATION and KARMA - Soul growth is predicated upon how well the person deals with opportunities and circumstances. Cayce didn't see Karma as punishment or balancing out. He didn't see people paying for the bad karma of past lives or that some are 'suffering souls' who pay for the 'collective bad karma' of the entire human race. *** He saw Karma as 'patterns of memory'. Karma is memory upon the soul .. memory of lessons that need to be learned .. not punishments that need to be dished out.

The carryover from past lives lived is that the soul in this life will experience consequences because past life experiences left a mark upon the soul. Those experiences moulded something in the soul with a memory upon the personality or thought process. This is a 'memory' .. not a 'punishment'. And it's in the current lifetime that the soul must work through the effects of the 'memory' upon the personality of the past life. The collective wealth of experiences from past lives act on the subconscious in this life ... act on the personality.

When it comes to people around us - many are souls that we have ongoing relationships with from past lives. Many we have unfinished business with. We pick up with the person in the place where we last left off with them. You will find people drawn into your life who will bring with them lessons that you need to learn to grow. Dealing with the difficult ones will be an experience just as it will be if you learn at the feet of a wise Master.

That's the basic Cayce Cosmology as far as I can see. He believed strongly in reincarnation and in God. Love is the ultimate goal and that is gained through experiences and soul growth. He believed in the Akashic Records (Book of Life) and that it could be accessed to discover how to move along and work through problems in this life. (I've read his book on the Akashic Records and I'm not convinced that he actually was tapping into them).

As I said, I'm not a Cayce expert and I'm not selling what he wrote .. this is just for those who are interested.
If people decide to post remarks, please be polite to each other. Thank you.

*** Suffering souls - Buddhists and Catholics both believe that some people are chosen, or volunteer, to be 'suffering souls'. They are holy souls who suffer in this life by 'burning up' the bad karma (Buddhist) or sin debt (Catholic) of others so that they can advance and get off the karma wheel (Buddhist) or so they can obtain some extra grace from God and find an end to their sins or purgatory sentence (Catholic).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Our bodies are just a temporal home. When having human bodies in reincarnation after reincarnation is no longer useful for us, then we will no longer have them. We are not organic bodies with souls but instead we are spiritual beings who are having an organic experience. The purpose of human life is to gain experiences .

I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives. Egar Cayce is the only psychic I have respect for as he predicted there is a chamber under the Sphinx paw ( Hall of records).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives.

I know that reincarnation happens but I agree with you about how strange it is that people usually don't remember past lives. If the whole purpose of life after life is to gain experiences .. then the fact that we don't remember those experiences would mean that they are lessons lost, right? Cayce says they leave an imprint upon the soul and that we remember the important parts of the lesson, but not the life itself.

I dont' know .... maybe he's right. But he could also be wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I have been an Edgar Cayce fan since I was a kid, after stumbling onto some of his books in our town library. This was back in the day when there was very little information on alternative or spiritual topics available.

I've sort of grown up with Cayce, I guess you could say. Fortunately, many other voices joined in the chorus as time went on and there is so much information out there on alternative or mystic or new age topics.

Much of who I am is credited to those early voices---- believing that there is more to life, that the most important thing is love, etc. A lot of the wisdom of the ages has informed me and my beliefs and I think I am a better person for it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You wrote:

When it comes to people around us - many are souls that we have ongoing relationships with from past lives. Many we have unfinished business with. We pick up with the person in the place where we last left off with them. You will find people drawn into your life who will bring with them lessons that you need to learn to grow. Dealing with the difficult ones will be an experience just as it will be if you learn at the feet of a wise Master.

Boy, is that ever true. I try to embrace the difficult people because I know they are powerful teachers in my life.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Not remembering past lives is actually a requirement and one of the reasons why the system makes perfect sense. How are you supposed to work things out with someone who tortured and killed you in a past life if you remember everything and those memories feed your hatred towards that person? How are people who were incredibly wealthy in their past lives ever to go through a much needed experience of poverty when they remember their wealth still belong to them and can go ahead and claim it? These are just two examples why it's absolutely imperative that most of us don't remember our past lives. Also notice that the few who do are usually the ones who are ready to deal with them without harming their path to personal growth, like Cayce for instance.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I have trouble believing in the concept of reincarnation as if it was true then surely people would remember past lives. Egar Cayce is the only psychic I have respect for as he predicted there is a chamber under the Sphinx paw ( Hall of records).

The shallow mind. Remembering an old life as you're living a new one is not conducive to a smooth life experience as you will be forever struggling between which memories are from this life and which are from the last.

Use your brain, man!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Okay. That makes sense.
IF what Edgar Cayce says ... then we do 'remember' the past life ... but not the details ... just the lesson learned which is imprinted upon our soul.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, I may not actually know all that much about Cayce but anyone whom can quote a book chapter and verse by sleeping with it under his pillow is definitely a powerful psychic of some kind, While I think seeing the future has a tendency to change the quantum state of the time stream as viewed from the perceived point of view and so deviate that time stream to follow a differential path I find this man to be one of the few genuinely credible paranormal gifted people of the twentieth century, Still were there is a door there is a tendency to enter and so I wonder how much of his gift may have been manipulated by the less savory denizens of the neighboring realm or spirit world also due to the quantum nature of looking into the future how far into parallel reality's he was viewing without knowing what he was actually seeing.

I find myself thinking of his prescient statements about remnants of atlantes and the ruin's found off north west Cuba and while I don't believe in a specific Atlantis but many lost drowned cultures I wonder just how right he was when looking into the even murkier world of the past.

An interesting guy S+F.

I agree 100% with him about our life not beginning with our birth as I think or know some part of me may be older than the Universe we currently occupy though as I said doors when open.

edit on 26-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Edgar Cayce is one of the first topics that ended up bringing me to ATS- that and another topic. I have always found his sleeping prophecies fascinating and I think that a lot of what he said about God and reincarnation are probably very close to truth. I also appreciate the fact that Cayce never claimed any of his prophecies were "set in stone"- he always said that man had within his power to delay or even alter the future. If we are indeed here of our own free will then the future is ours to make.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

You mentioned his mystic abilities .... Here is one of his prophecies ... sounds like today ...

Strifes will arise through the period. Watch for them near Davis Strait in the attempts there for the keeping of the life line to a land open. Watch for them in Libya and in Egypt, in Ankara and in Syria, through the straits about those areas above Australia, in the Indian Ocean and the Persian Gulf.” Edgar Cayce reading (3976-26) April 28, 1941

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'm more interested in the Cosmology ... the thoughts about the soul.
But some are interested in his prophecies. So here's some info on some of them.

Top Ten Predictions from Edgar Cayce

10 - Bimini Road and Atlantis
9 - Deaths of Two Presidents
8 - Collapse of Soviet Union
7 - Stock Market Crash and Great Depression
6 - Revolutions in Foreign Lands
5 - Rise and Fall of Hitler
4 - Jews Return to Israel
3 - Alliance Between US and Russia
2 - Shift of Earth Poles
1 - His Own Death

He also predicted that NYC would disappear as would the West Coast (earthquake). The Great Lakes would drain into the Gulf of Mexico by flowing down the Mississippi river. Obviously, those havent happened (yet?)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You are correct and that is scarily accurate, I think we all have some dormant prescience but only on a very few occasions have I seen a future I then found myself in and when I have then I have always tried to do something different deliberately, For me they are like vivid dream's and when you find yourself living them you know what will happen over a very short time ahead up to a day at most but on other occasions it has simply been DejaVu , I find them scary and simply do not like them, Maybe I have a less than mature attitude but I like to think God to be at the helm and maybe He has other idea's though like when I first rode a bicycle I road right into a wall and had a black eye
I maybe need to think He is there because God knows what I might ride what is left of My life into.

I actually trust Cayce to a degree and believe a lot of what he said but believe he was more a channel but not Nostradamus.

Look at this web site Harte recently directed me to on another post and look at the second Sphinx that the Giza one looked at and is now lost, could the hall of records be under the paws of that lost sphinx.
www.catchpenny.org...

edit on 26-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well, maybe look at it this way, if you did remember all your past lives it would almost certainly interfere with the reason you were born here this time. Just imagine if you remembered you were a soldier or hangman that killed dozens of innocent people in one of your past lives or even lived as a king or queen living in luxury having servants feed and dress you. Maybe in this life you came here to experience what it's like to not live in a sea of wealth as you did in a past experience. Or if you remembered you were a killer in the past you wouldn't be able to forgive yourself and this would then severely hamper any progress you could make in this life. See how remembering these past lives could have a major problem on why your here this time around?

Though all of your past lives are forever a part of you, they are there but at a very deep level usually unavailable to be accessed so you can concentrate on learning why your here this time around and not stuck dreaming about the past or regretting any negative past experiences you had. It's for your own good that you don't remember your past lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I also appreciate the fact that Cayce never claimed any of his prophecies were "set in stone"- he always said that man had within his power to delay or even alter the future. If we are indeed here of our own free will then the future is ours to make.

Your absolutely correct. And notice how when the Cayce bashers come out they always conveniently leave this info out of their argument.
edit on 26-8-2013 by myn4m3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Has anything Edgar Cayce said come true?

No Hall of Records has been found. No California has fallen into the sea. No Lemuria has been found. No atlantis or super crystal or death ray has been found. And he created Atlantic University, which gives out diplomas in such topics as "Introduction to trans-personal studies."

Of course he says God created everything. Of course he says we are spirits in a body. A man who finds convictions in his trances, delusions and dreams will of course postulate these beliefs as fact.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Where did he say California will fall into the sea?

I know he said Japan MUST fall into the sea, but Cali?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip
Has anything Edgar Cayce said come true?

Read the thread. I gave some that came true .. like Hitler and the stock market crash.
As for NYC and California disappearing (earthquakes, etc) ... not yet.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71[/i]
Where did he say California will fall into the sea?

He said that the West coast of the USA and NYC would both disappear.
He said that the Great Lakes would empty into the Gulf ... via the Mississippi River.
He did not give a time frame. (that I know of)

This pro-cayce site talks about Cayce's earth change predictions.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Maybe it was Japan. Either way, still false. Or look into his The Lindbergh kidnapping readings – a complete failure. Or his medicines – quackery.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join