It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so I do realize that this forum is "US Political Madness", but...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by beezzer

Do tell.

Kay.

Most recent examples is how progressives have "interpreted" the 2nd Amendment.

Also the introduction of "free speech zones".

And to add, just look at how progressives have interpreted the 4th Amendment in terms of NSA spying and privacy rights.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Flatfish

:shk: Wow .. spoken like a person hugging the (D). Still haven't figured out that the far left and the far right play the same games yet, eh? Oh well. Sorry to hear that. As for proof ... it's been here on the threads for years. Take the O-glasses off and read without the left wing bias blocking your view. The corruption of the Obama administration makes Nixon look like a school child. It's been put out in front of you .. you just refuse to see it.

Show me an indictment. Show me a trial. Show me some proof. Show me a conviction. Show me a sentence handed down by any court. Please, just show me something other than endless accusations, because that garbage is getting really old and it's precisely why most intelligent people choose not to waste their time debating right-wingers here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

reply to post by neo96

You still don't get the difference.
My interaction with YOU, by yourself, no one else...has nothing to do with your political leanings.

Yeah right.

Care to explain how I get along with other conservative/republican/righties then?

Respect is a two way street, and you refuse step foot.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah respect is a two way street I don't recall ever calling you a 'hater' constantly on this board.

Excuse me for not going along with 'Everyone is just suppose to love Kali'.

Or continually touting their 'intellectual superiority'.
edit on 26-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Do tell.

Kay.

And to add, just look at how progressives have interpreted the 4th Amendment in terms of NSA spying and privacy rights.

Right, how nice of you to extend the trend of RINOing politicians to anyone else.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm putting both parties at fault.

Not cherry-picking.

And my points?

Ignored.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hey!!!!

Some chilling needs to be done in this thread.
Opinions are fine.....but keep them about the topic/OP and not each other....You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The deficit is shrinking !!!

he U.S. will hit the $16.7 trillion debt ceiling in mid-October, Treasury Secretary Jacob J. Lew said in a letter urging Congress to raise the limit “as soon as possible.”

www.bloomberg.com...

But,but,.but the 'deficit is shrinking' ! ! ! !

“At that point, the United States will have reached the limit of its borrowing authority, and Treasury would be left to fund the government with only the cash we have on hand on any given day,” he said. The cash balance at that time is forecast to be about $50 billion, “insufficient to cover net expenditures for an extended period of time,” according to Lew.

But,but,but the 'deficit is shrinking' ! ! ! ! ! !

The Treasury Department had earlier said it probably will be able to finance government operations by using special accounting measures until after Congress returns Sept. 9 from its recess. Lew said Aug. 22 a failure by Congress to raise the debt limit would “have disastrous effects for our nation” and could put at risk payments to Social Security recipients and veterans.

To END the previous argument PAGES back.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah respect is a two way street I don't recall ever calling you a 'hater' constantly on this board.

Excuse me for not going along with 'Everyone is just suppose to love Kali'.

Or continually touting their 'intellectual superiority'.
edit on 26-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Because it's pretty obvious I'm not a hater, that doesn't mean I'm a pushover... and if you strike at me or indiscriminately don't expect no lashback... it's pretty simple.

'Everyone is supposed to love me'? I get plenty of love, I don't need it here not expect it and I don't know what world you live in if you think I get it here. There's not a single post I have ever made on this site that wasn't attacked. I think it's pretty much the same for everyone here. I just don't cry about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So let's talk Chris Christie then, he's calls himself a Republican and a Conservative... if I remember right, you call him a RINO. So now are you going to use those words as insults? No, you're going to insult the man instead.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your points weren't ignored, they were encompassed in my post and subsequent reply. Progressives haven't attacked the Constitution or specific amendments, some elected/appointed assholes did that. I guess that makes them PINO's?

Now I want some Pinot... thanks bunny boy!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I just read the entire thread which is unusual as of late for me.

What a trip.

A few observations.
In keeping with the premise of the thread I have to agree it is an echo chamber which I don’t venture into often because it gets laid on so thick IMO.
One it seems the old conservative platform has now been adopted by the democrats. I am not sure how that happened however it has been said many times and I believe it when people say Reagan wouldn’t have a chance anymore. Would he be considered a Rhino?

I have a question. What happened to the old conservative party it doesn’t resemble anything from the late 50s not even the 80s really. Look I don’t like Obama and I didn’t like him before either but look at who he ran against. Both times. Hey I liked McCain but he was old and I was afraid he may die and leave you know who in charge. Ever see the movie Moon Nazis? OK maybe not that bad but close I think.

I am really tempted to start a thread with the premise of what kind of candidate will it take to be the next republican president. No names of who may be running but qualities, and principles.

I have been called lefty and all sorts but truth is I am just independent I agree with both sides on different issues. BTW I liked Jon Huntsman and would have voted for him he was real to me not so phony but that is my opinion. I think money played too much of a role last election which is why we got the choices we did.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Wait so answer this. Do you honestly believe that the Obama administration is on the level and has done nothing wrong or subversive within the last 5 or so years?

I believe that they are as "on the level" as they can be given the circumstances they're dealing with on a global basis and no, I don't believe that they are without fault and/or mistakes.

That they have the nation's best interests at heart? That the PPACA is truly a good thing (not the idea of universal healthcare mind you, the actual bill PPACA)?

Yes, I definitely believe that President Obama and his administration have this nation's best interest at heart. It's the Republican party that seems hell-bent on taking this nation down the path of total destruction.

The actual PPACA bill that we now commonly refer to as "ObamaCare," is the product of the Republican establishment tearing down the Democratic idea of a not-for-profit, "universal healthcare" system and preserving it instead for the private healthcare insurance industry. Had "single-payer" and/or "public option" representatives been given a "seat at the table," I'm confident that the resulting legislation would have been quite different. As a result of that denial, we now have to go through the slow process of fixing these issues one at a time until we get back to the original idea of "single-payer universal healthcare" that seems to work quite well in every other industrialized country in the world.

Do you believe the administration is telling the truth right now when they say that Syria has definitely attacked their citizens with chemical weapons? You know despite the fact that UN inspectors JUST got there and this would be the absolute worst time for someone to do such a thing, or the fact that Assad is currently winning the war and wouldn't need to utilize such a tactic.

No. Mainly because of the "fact" that the Obama administration hasn't said those things, you just made that crap up and that's exactly how your side perpetuates the ignorance among your minions.

In his address to the nation today, Secretary of State John Kerry just got through stating that even if the inspectors had been allowed into the affected areas to test for chemical weapons, those test would not prove who fired them. He went on to say that the overwhelming "opinion" is that the Syrian government forces were the culprit, but he never said that anyone "definitely" did anything.

How about the NSA? You know Obama has gotten on television multiple times to tell us that they aren't spying on Americans and every time he does Snowden releases more damning evidence to the contrary.

Well for starters, it wouldn't be called spying if everyone knew what you were up to and how you were doing it, now would it?

They've been spying on us since the creation of the Patriot Act and anyone who was unaware of that fact has no one to blame other than themselves. Remember the warrantless wiretapping escapades of the Bush years?

That's not to say that I approve of the government having blanket immunity for eavesdropping on americans but on the other hand, when it comes to fighting terrorist I'm a firm believer that we'll be far more successful outsmarting them than we will be outfighting them.

Are all these things just lies perpetuated by the Republicans to character assassinate the current Presidential Administration?

For the most part, YES they are.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Having the whole administration saturated with corporate interests isn't corruption?
Have you seen the venn diagrams? There's one JUST for Monsanto.

What administration hasn't been saturated with corporate interest? Plainly stated, that's our problem in a nutshell. Corporate interest, corporate lobbyist and corporate mentality are the influences that makes up the "TPTB" that we're always talking about. They are the ones holding the real power and orchestrating the real corruption, not Obama and not Bush and not Clinton etc...

How about let's start placing the blame where it belongs and quit treating corporations like they were Gods in this country?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well this tread has certainly lived up to it's title anyway. If there was ever a doubt in anyone's mind that the ideological differences within the US are vast just point them here. That's really sad because I believe the old saying "A house divided against itself cannot stand" is true. Geez it was not even possible to agree on a topic for debate.

Still holding out hope for the debate though.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Your points weren't ignored, they were encompassed in my post and subsequent reply. Progressives haven't attacked the Constitution or specific amendments, some elected/appointed assholes did that. I guess that makes them PINO's?

There is a fundamental belief among progressives that the constitution is a "living" document that should be adjusted for what society feels like at any given time. I would suggest that belief is an attack on the Constitution.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Do tell.

Kay.

Up until the NRA went political in the 1970's...the courts et al. interpreted the 2nd Amendment as a right that was limited. There is a hundred plus years of case law showing the same. Even Reagan passed laws limiting gun ownership and prohibiting public carrying....Not to mention he petitioned FOR the AW Ban.

Introduction? That goes back decades for every administration...let me know if you need links.

What? "Progressives" are anti-NSA. It is moderate, establishment Dems that support it...and by tally...more Moderate GOP support it than Dems. Mainstream/Bi-partisan support for NSA programs...and more GOP than Dems. Libertarian and far left oppose.

That seems an unusually un-informed claim?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I haven't saaid that progressives are a new phenomenom. Gun control, free speech zones, NSA, NDAA, TSA, Patriot Act, all have progressives fingerprints on them.

Anything that limits freedoms, I'm blaming on progressives. Unless it becomes a mainstay in the GOP and/or DNC party platform.

Then I'll slam republicans and democrats as well.

Basically, I'm pissed at everyone.
edit on 27-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

reply to post by beezzer

There is a fundamental belief among progressives that the constitution is a "living" document that should be adjusted for what society feels like at any given time. I would suggest that belief is an attack on the Constitution.

Then maybe you could explain how this got into the Constitution;

www.archives.gov...

Article. V.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

According to your philosophy, the founding fathers themselves were "attackers" of the Constitution. PLEASE!!!

The document was constructed to meet the needs of the times and the fact that Article V was even included, shows that the founding fathers had the foresight to know that it would need to be amended in order to remain current and viable to meet the needs of a changing society.

Is there anything that you people don't fear?

edit on 27-8-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
double post
edit on 27-8-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join