It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, so I do realize that this forum is "US Political Madness", but...

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NorEaster

If the Social Security program either didn't exist or had been "privatized", this exchange wouldn't be occurring. There would be a very different USA in existence right now, and you'd really REALLY hate living in that USA. Well, if you were still alive, of course.

Yeah if it never existed the government would not have blown 11 trillion dollars and this nation wouldn't be in 17 trillion dollar debt.

And the promises made to pay for social security would not be in the tens of trillions.

Look at your own chart. The Social Security take-in is more than the pay out. Who gives a sh*t what you think the "projections" are. That's just imaginary numbers at this point. The Soc Sec fund pays for itself, so there's no deficit being caused by the Soc Sec funding program.

Period.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Look at your own chart. The Social Security take-in is more than the pay out. Who gives a sh*t what you think the "projections" are. That's just imaginary numbers at this point. The Soc Sec fund pays for itself, so there's no deficit being caused by the Soc Sec funding program. Period.

Funny

A recent front page USA Today story inadvertently exposed the lie that is Social Security. Though the article was ostensibly about budget deficits, and how unfunded liabilities of the Social Security variety were not properly being accounted for in deficit calculations (they quadruple taxpayer liability), a staff expert at a liberal think tank shed light on why.

www.forbes.com...

Social Security does not nor has it EVER paid for itself.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Bullsh*t on the Veterans Admin programs being described as an entitlement program. We made a deal with our nation when we agreed to enlist and give those years of our lives to our nation. Those benefits were part of the agreement. They are NOT entitlements. Get your facts straight.

You didn't have to be drafted because men and women like us took that burden off you and made a deal with your government to defend your baby ass - but we did so with specific conditions that your government agreed to, and the VA program was central to that agreement.

I spent 8 years in the military, and I am a member in good standing of the community of men and woman who help and receive help from the VA. We take care of each other and there's no better feeling of community and dedicated resolve than we vets feel when we're leaning against each other for support.

Maybe you armchair warriors don't get it, but that doesn't give you our permission to slander us like that. Don't do it again.

Hit a sore spot did we ?

Got big news for ya.

I WAS drafted in '73 and enlisted in a branch other than Army !!

Yes I AM that old !!

Give ya one guess where I went.

Plus THAT, I quoted and linked, no opinion until now.

VA is an entitlement.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Look at your own chart. The Social Security take-in is more than the pay out. Who gives a sh*t what you think the "projections" are. That's just imaginary numbers at this point. The Soc Sec fund pays for itself, so there's no deficit being caused by the Soc Sec funding program. Period.

Funny

A recent front page USA Today story inadvertently exposed the lie that is Social Security. Though the article was ostensibly about budget deficits, and how unfunded liabilities of the Social Security variety were not properly being accounted for in deficit calculations (they quadruple taxpayer liability), a staff expert at a liberal think tank shed light on why.

www.forbes.com...

Social Security does not nor has it EVER paid for itself.

Forbes? Ha!

Yeah, that's fair and balanced. It's also Op-Ed, which means nothing at all. It's also projected opinion, which means even less than nothing.

Forget it kid. I don't waste my time on people that don't even understand that Op-Ed and think tank projections aren't debate fodder any more than Baptist preacher sermons are.

Christ, I'm actually bothering to play in the political hack threads.

WTF?

Let's just say that I got my thread's answer, and let it go at that. I have other things that I feel are more important to concern myself with. You kids have fun, and don't break anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
While we are all busy peeing in each other's oatmeal, this just happened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=16856013#pid16856013

Looks like we may be going to Syria.

Now can we all just stand together and say "no" to this?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Bullsh*t on the Veterans Admin programs being described as an entitlement program. We made a deal with our nation when we agreed to enlist and give those years of our lives to our nation. Those benefits were part of the agreement. They are NOT entitlements. Get your facts straight.

You didn't have to be drafted because men and women like us took that burden off you and made a deal with your government to defend your baby ass - but we did so with specific conditions that your government agreed to, and the VA program was central to that agreement.

I spent 8 years in the military, and I am a member in good standing of the community of men and woman who help and receive help from the VA. We take care of each other and there's no better feeling of community and dedicated resolve than we vets feel when we're leaning against each other for support.

Maybe you armchair warriors don't get it, but that doesn't give you our permission to slander us like that. Don't do it again.

Hit a sore spot did we ?

Got big news for ya.

I WAS drafted in '73 and enlisted in a branch other than Army !!

Yes I AM that old !!

Give ya one guess where I went.

Plus THAT, I quoted and linked, no opinion until now.

VA is an entitlement.

This is disgraceful. I know at least a dozen vets that would love to personally detail exactly where you got lost in your ideology there. Of course, they'd rather do so in person, since you've just insulted them personally.

Oh, and no vet on Earth would see the VA as just another entitlement. You never served. I've run into more scientists and prophets and millionaires and guys that are decorated war heroes since the launch of Internet forums than anyone could ever imagine to exist with nothing else to do with their time but fight over stupid crap online. I'm going to just assume that you're yet another structural engineer decorated Marine officer who knows somebody that has the inside dope on what happened on 9/11 - like the dozens and dozens of similar amazing people that I've already encountered within forums who have no offline life to speak of.

You guys should join a club or something. You're all so ... I don't know ... unexpected. Especially within the context of such a mundane and "nothing" thread like this.

Amazing.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I would love to, and will... all day, everyday. It would just be nice if I could stop pulling daggers out of my back while doing it. Stop insulting us, stop lumping us in with the democrats (personally speaking) and stop telling us that everything evil and backwards in the world is our fault.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I would love to, and will... all day, everyday. It would just be nice if I could stop pulling daggers out of my back while doing it. Stop insulting us, stop lumping us in with the democrats (personally speaking) and stop telling us that everything evil and backwards in the world is our fault.

LOL stop insultimg you ?

Take a gander at the previous comments on this page.

How about stop insulting US ?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

HEY!

Have you forgotten that I'm trying to find a commonality here?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When have you ever seen me insult Conservatives or Republicans or your ideologies, ever seen me use either of those words as an insult?

Going a few rounds with you or any other individual member doesn't qualify. Your hatred is palpable, don't expect not to be bitten back once in a while.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you say. Yet you still use the word Progressive as if it's an insult or a curse word. As I said to Neo, don't expect not to get bitten back once in a while.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

So you say. Yet you still use the word Progressive as if it's an insult or a curse word. As I said to Neo, don't expect not to get bitten back once in a while.

Yes. Yes I do because I differentiate between the two (liberal, progressive)

Progressive applied to republicans and democrats that want to "fundamentally transform America".

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well, it's usually criticism of the government, I mean a lot of the government stays in place from administration to administration, Obama is just carrying out Bush policies, who knows how come,

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

When have you ever seen me insult Conservatives or Republicans or your ideologies, ever seen me use either of those words as an insult?

Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Attacks on character, and intelligence.

Going a few rounds with you or any other individual member doesn't qualify. Your hatred is palpable, don't expect not to be bitten back once in a while.

Really sick and tired of being told I hate people.

Really. You don't know me,. You don't know the first thing about me.

6) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, libelous, defamatory, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

ATS TC

Abusive check= constantly going around calling someone a hater.
Liberlous check=constantly going around calling someone a hater.
Hateful check= constantly going around calling someone a hater.

All personal attacks, just like calling someone on here a 'kid'. or any other term like 'idiot'.

Just because someone has a different OPINION.
edit on 26-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Yes. Yes I do because I differentiate between the two (liberal, progressive)

Progressive applied to republicans and democrats that want to "fundamentally transform America".

The word has a specific meaning, it's an ideology... you don't have to like it or agree with it but using it as an insult? They still want to uphold the Constitution.

Progressivism is a general political philosophy based on the idea of progress that asserts that advances in science, technology, economic development, and social organization, can improve the human condition. Progressivism originated in the Age of the Enlightenment in Europe out of the believe that Europe was demonstrating that societies could progress in civility from barbaric conditions to civilization through strengthening the basis of empirical knowledge as the foundation of society.[1] Figures of the Enlightenment believed that progress had universal application to all societies and that these ideas would spread from Europe to across the world.[2]

Modern Progressivism emerged as part of a response to the vast social changes brought by industrialization in the Western world in the late 19th century, particularly out of the view that progress was being stifled by vast economic inequality between the rich and the poor, unregulated laissez-faire capitalism with out-of-control monopolistic corporations, intense and often violent conflict between workers and capitalists, and lack of effort by governments to address these problems.[3] Progressivism has influenced various political movements. Modern liberalism was influenced by liberal philosopher John Stuart Mill's conception of people being "progressive beings".[4] British Prime Minister Benjamin Disraeli developed progressive conservatism under "One Nation" Toryism.[5][6]

wiki

Discussions can't take place when you are consistently using a word that someone uses to identify themselves with as an insult. That's just human nature. Putting someone on the defense makes it a fight not a discussion or a debate.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Progressives want to rewrite the Constitution.

Liberals (classical liberals) want to uphold it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You still don't get the difference.
My interaction with YOU, by yourself, no one else...has nothing to do with your political leanings.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Do tell.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

You still don't get the difference.
My interaction with YOU, by yourself, no one else...has nothing to do with your political leanings.

Yeah right.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join