It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Snipers shoot at UN chemical inspectors in Syria – UN spokesman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I think it's more than likely both of those. The "opposition", who are a complicated mix of different variants of tribes, Islamic Jihadis of all stripes, and three letter intelligence agencies from the NATO complex. They're pulling anything and everything to sell their intentions to the world. They're gonna' do what they're gonna do .... with public approval or not. But, they're still giving it everything they got to get support of the public. And now the current Egyptian government are about to put on trial,members of the Muslim Brotherhood. They have very solid evidence Obama bribed members of the MB with hundreds of thousands of federal reserve notes through the U.S. embassy in Egypt, and it don't look good! So!! Get ready for anything (false flag) to divert attention. And this one could be up there with some of the good/bad one's!!! Morsi and the brotherhood were heavy in the Benghazi operation too.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Screw Syria and Screw the rebels, no country should be supporting either side. Let them fight their own civil war! Why should we allow our government's to send our children to slaughter for a country that nobody except Israel cares about? I think it's amazing the U.S. and other allies are even talking about entering this conflict. Maybe if the politicians of this world would stop beating the drums of war and taking sides in conflicts, this world would begin to have peace!

I for one, am tired of our country getting involved in conflicts half way around the world. Our young men and women shouldn't be dying on foreign land. We're defending nothing, period.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
reply to post by deviant300

safe to say..

I am sure Assad's guys didn't shoot at them.. Can you imagine the tone used when commanders were advising the military to bolo UN inspectors.

no soldier would have fired.. literal career suicide.
edit on 26-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: delete

Career suicide? Think this is the boy scouts over there?

In that army you shoot when they tell you or you get a bullet in the back of the head. Career suicide indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by Megatronus

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Assad's govt forces have been heavily shelling the exact area for last 5 days where these inspectors are supposed to go investigate.
Now shooting at the vehicles to delay their arrival further so more artillery can pound the area, evidence is being obliterated and covered in rubble. Now why would Assad be pulverizing this small area if he wants the inspectors to find evidence to support his claims?
His apologists will never admit the obvious though.

The obvious? That it makes zero sense for him to use chemical weapons. The us has been caught out trying to frame him before, as have the rebels. We are supposed to believe that this time it is definately him? The only people to benefit him use chemical weapons on civilians are the rebels, obama and cameran. If you want to point fingers, i would suggest you start there.

Assad has a limited pool to draw manpower from that is shrinking by the day with defections and casualties.
The rebels have millions of refugees to indefinitely renew their ranks from as well as regional fighters.
Assad is using unconventional warfare because he knows his time is short and cannot afford to take massive casualties cleaning out rebel areas.
The fact that he is pounding the area with heavy artillery instead of sealing off the area to preserve it for inspection speaks volumes.

I'm sorry, thats just flat out wrong.

Even McCain when he came back from his trip admitted the rebels were now outgunned and losing. He was playing for the sympathy vote but his general report in the balance of strength was accurate.

Trying to portray the regime as losing and desperate is a falsehood.

Yea and Oh wow the US is having problems getting support against the embryonic genocide by sarin used by a thug nation. A thug nation that has just allowed one of the worlds top terrorist organizations Hezbollah to take the field in Syria, allowed Iran, another thug nation and supporter no. 1 of terrorism in Iraq and chief financier of Hezbollah, to pour weapons and forces into Syria. And Russia is giving support and material not to mention now its full political weight behind Thug Inc.

Many conservatives have joined the anti war movement in the US. Or I should say they are pro war as long as the wackjob crazy Muslims are getting beat up even if by satan himself. Heck they see the 3rd world likes of the syriaian president as a sort of savior and cant get his c**k out of their m***h long enough to get off a complete sentence.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join