It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Snipers shoot at UN chemical inspectors in Syria – UN spokesman

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Sorry, you're right, I meant more that they're not going there to find out who did it, rather if it happened it or not.

Seems rather redundant to do that.

But it's also redundant to attack them if it really was a US government op.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Who cares!

Warwarwar!

Let's just shoot someone, get a Muslim Brotherhood Caliphate government installed, rack up gas prices, send our people into harms way for another decade, and HAVE A FRACKING PARADE FOR OBAMA!

*hyperventilating*

(Are there still open seats on that one-way trip to Mars?)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I mentioned in an earlier post that the policy of attacking these states was written long ago. Anyone remember this little nugget?

xrepublic.tv...

Go to the 2:20 mark if you don't want to watch the whole video.
Just confirming that others have been saying for a long time now, that all this was planned way back and they are just a little behind the original optimistic timetable.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
The Question is why? Is it to give the impression Assad wants them out?
Is it because someone doesn't want the inspectors to see the crime scene?

thoughts?

It because the UN inspectors can find proof that it was not chemical weapons... the US already said they didn't want or need inspections because they already knew the truth, now it just so happens the rebels are trying to make it so the truth is never known...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

*hyperventilating*

How much do they cost?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

That was a very interesting video mate, One has to ask at one point he says " the US government needs to invade 7 country's in 5 years BEFORE THE NEXT SUPERPOWER COMES ON TO CHALLENGE US"

Who could that be?
edit on 26-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

Originally posted by beezzer

*hyperventilating*

How much do they cost?

Doesn't matter. This planet is beginning to suck, big time!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

and thats from may saying it was the rebels that did it then,why would it be different now? assad aint going to sign his own death warrant by using chemicals weapons on civilians.

Maybe you didn't listen to war-mongers. Let me clear their point for you

Asad is so fool. he wants to destroy his country no matter what. He has WMD's. He is so fool that he doesn't know all the satellites and and spy drones are focusing on his actions.

Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool
Asad is fool

Buy it.

PS: MSM

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

thoughts?

It because the UN inspectors can find proof that it was not chemical weapons... the US already said they didn't want or need inspections because they already knew the truth, now it just so happens the rebels are trying to make it so the truth is never known...

Like OBl buried at sea
edit on 26-8-2013 by mideast because: my mistake

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Okay this is something very odd.
RT right now is broadcasting a live interview from Lavrov Russian Foreign policy minister.
rt.com...

What is strange is the very direct approach of the Western plan for Syria, the tone is very pre-coldwar. Hard to explain, interesting though.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

I just wanted to point out to those who did not understand.... your post was sarcastic and not intended to be understood as your true point of view....

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Direct consequences from Russia ? Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Russia seeks national reconciliation in Syria so Russia wants to go through the UN the Legal way. However the US and UK and France thinks otherwse

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

I dont think the UN inspectors mind is made up at all. They did a good job last time when they concluded the Sarin use was probably actually the rebels (despite the same 'blame assad' rhetoric being used in advance of the inspection).

Its not in the interest of the rebels or thier backers for the UN inspectors to do thier job.

Were do we suppose the rebels got sarin? Was it sarin? What was the alleged deliver system? Anyone know? Was it a single shell or several shells delivered by artillery? A bomb dropped by air? This is important information.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Sarin is a liquid form nerve agent it would need the right climate to vaporised into the air or a mid air explosion could cause the Sarin to be vaporised.

However the substances it very localised if it was exploded in mid air then the nerve agent would not be localised in that area so it could be an engineered explosion from say a mortar.

It could most be likely a rebel attack rather than a syrian military attack.
edit on 26-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

thoughts?

This could very well be the case. The UN team is simply a formality to cover other eyes and ears on the ground to include spies on the Syrian side. The Assad leadership starting with his dad have always been brutal, so sarin would be no surprise really.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by deviant300
reply to post by Logarock

Sarin is a liquid form nerve agent it would need the right climate to vaporised into the air or a mid air explosion could cause the Sarin to be vaporised.

However the substances it very localised if it was exploded in mid air then the nerve agent would not be localised in that area so it could be an engineered explosion from say a mortar.

It could most be likely a rebel attack rather than a syrian military attack.
edit on 26-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

Your first two points don't make the last. If it were mortar or artillery it could have been Syrian military as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Senduko

Russia seeks national reconciliation in Syria so Russia wants to go through the UN the Legal way. However the US and UK and France thinks otherwse

Being in the UK, it sucks to realise i am on the wrong side of the fence. We are the bad guys, the illegal war mongers. Throwing our weight around and trying to act all high and mighty. Truth is that its very obvious to see whats going on, we have been here before. Same script but different country. The electorate are against action. I saw a poll posted on here some where (a different thread on syria but i forget which one) 71% of the electroate are against military action. Only 9% were in favour i believe. This is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

safe to say..

I am sure Assad's guys didn't shoot at them.. Can you imagine the tone used when commanders were advising the military to bolo UN inspectors.

no soldier would have fired.. literal career suicide.
edit on 26-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: delete

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megatronus

reply to post by Senduko

Being in the UK, it sucks to realise i am on the wrong side of the fence. We are the bad guys, the illegal war mongers. Throwing our weight around and trying to act all high and mighty. Truth is that its very obvious to see whats going on, we have been here before. Same script but different country. The electorate are against action. I saw a poll posted on here some where (a different thread on syria but i forget which one) 71% of the electroate are against military action. Only 9% were in favour i believe. This is disgusting.

I can't sleep because of what is going on.

is USA the big bully on the playground? that never ends well.. all the former victims team up, AND the bullies 'crew' split. Heck ya they abandon the bully, they only went along to avoid being a victim.

I am truly scared for the first time as an American. DHS is preparing to go to WAR against it's own people and our military is engaging AGAIN!?! ffs! somewhere ELSE!?!

Russia will one day back their words with action.. No matter the staging on the board, eventually chess pieces get taken by both sides.

How could any nation, especially one that has burned so many bridges, take on a foreign threat and a civil war?

without being absolutely brutal against its own dissidents?
edit on 26-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: continued

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join