It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain says response to Syria chemical attack possible without unanimous UN backing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
"Failure awaits the United States as in all previous wars it has unleashed, starting with Vietnam and up to the present day," Assad told the Izvestia daily when asked what would happen if Washington decided to strike or invade Syria.

I Doubt that. Canada, Britain and the west stand together.. Always have always will. Isreal, saudi arabia, Regardless of your beliefs, We are allies and we will do what's best. Lights out.

A response to the use of chemical weapons in Syria is possible without the unanimous consent of the UN Security Council, UK Foreign Secretary William Hague has said. “I would argue yes it is, otherwise it might be impossible to respond to such outrages, such crimes, and I don't think that's an acceptable situation," Hague said on BBC radio, when asked whether it would be possible to respond to the use of chemical weapons without the backing of the UN Security Council.

rt.com...

#s about to get real. Assad and the Rebels have had more than two years. Enough is enough don't you think?

Maybe as an international voice.. Maybe we've had enough?

edit on 26-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Source: rt.com...

Foreign Secretary William Hague condemned the Assad regime, stating that “all the evidence points in one direction.”

"We cannot, in the 21st century, allow the idea that chemical weapons can be used with impunity, that people can be killed in this way, and there are no consequences for it," he said.

Branding Assad a dictator, Hague stressed a “strong response” was essential in light of the use of chemical weapons to “slaughter” Syrian citizens.

Syrian President Bashar Assad responded to the calls for an international reaction to the chemical attack, warning that any international intervention in Syria would end in failure.

"The comments [accusing the regime of using chemical weapons] made by politicians in the West and other countries are an insult to common sense... It is nonsense," Assad said, adding the accusations were completely “political.”

I posted this in another thread, but my question remains the same.

What will be the implications of this? If they will bypass the UN security council its saying well all what we have worked for since WW2... **** that.

We don't need your support, we will act on what we deem necessary.

This also means; that UN loses all its value and this last facade of Democracy ceases to exist.

And more importantly this act will Irreversible. The damage will be done.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

There are no implications. Syria is lost. It's a smoldering cesspool. Both sides have decided to kill civies.. Both sides have pissed in their own sandbox.
edit on 26-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I personally believe its not about the innocents dying over there. Its not about terrorists hiding amongst the syrian people. Its about the oil, its about political posturing. Its about someone making a name for them selves.

Another war to be drawn in to for ten more years. First we level then we rebuild. All at the american tax payers expense. Why? because its only fair we pay to rebuild once we go in and destroy and kill a nation.

I see no way of winning with this on going trend in the ME.

Conform or be left in the ashes of our wake

edit on 8/26/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its larger then that mate.

In the eye of the people the UN security council is the gift we got for all the suffering that happened in WW2.

I wish someone with more verbal skills could explain ATS just how a serious matter this is. There is a reason wht such things as VETO exist. To keep a certain balance among the major forces out there.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Not oil, LNG Liquid Natural Gas;

Read this article and you will have a good understanding why this is happening, how come some major players are in it. It explains pretty much what is happening now.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Isnt that a byproduct of oil drilling?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't know, You might be right though. But in this case its about a pipeline which would impact Russia in a severe way.

Hence why Russia isn't backing down.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
What happens if the US takes action without UN approval? Does this mean Russia will come to blows with us, or will it be another proxy war?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
What happens if the US takes action without UN approval? Does this mean Russia will come to blows with us, or will it be another proxy war?

50/50
serious..
William Hague is a barrow boy.. not Intelligent enough
at this level ...neither is his boss.

For the UK its is a distraction with the hope of getting some money.. you see
we are the most heavily indebted country in the world... we're broke.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
That the thing though.

The UN security council is like every goddamn nation on this planet , bypassing the UN shows incredible disrespect and more importantly showing that they don't believe in the system they uphold.

Its like having a preacher who doesn't believe in god.

Tensions are at an all time high because of Snowden... This will only anger nations more. I can't stress enough how symbolic this would be by bypassing the UN.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Hague bypassing the UN..he hasn't even re-called his own Parliament yet. Iraq, Lybia..nothing ever gets better with intervention.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Shock, shock... RT "Downing Street indicates UK may need to act "very swiftly" on Syria without consulting MPs itv.co... "

Twittered 2 minutes ago

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

I had to stop watching, if you see reports like this one has to wonder, just what are they after. It seems to me they are creating a new empire to fight. They even have a country now...

shrugs... so much to take in, so little to do about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The fact the NSA bugged the UN shows me that their is no trust between nations. This has gotten me thinking about what Snowden has on the US, and how Russia was protecting him. I had read somewhere....the gas attack stories were made in advance....possibly an excuse to inter vein in the ME yet again.

Will have to wait till the other shoes drop i guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Yeah, but you shouldn't follow/believe to much from what comes out of Snowden. Its to well orchestrated for my taste.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Its also odd that Russia is warning the US to not repeat its same mistakes from Iraq. What would that be, the case of the vanishing WMD'S? Is it a case of meddling in Russian affairs? Isn't Russia and china the biggest importers of Iranian oil? Is this a path to Iran?

Its either about oil? Or its about over extending the US military across multiple nations. Possibly opening us up to attack?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Come now, one whistle blower after another? Its more like people are waking up and seeing the USA for what it is.
I'm sure whatever Snowden has; is vital, and also his insurance policy.

Just my .02

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Snowden is a distraction, nothing more, let me ask you this.. Snowden did state hr had enough information to cripple the US government beyond repair. Then why didn't he release it.

He made a deal with Russia, however Putin said he could stay if he stopped spreading bad stuff about America.

He claims he's genuine, and he does it because the people need to be made aware, then sorry ***off then I couldn't care what happens to me, and I would release the info and not use it as a bluff.

He could have posted all his leaks on Pastebin and not a single soul could have stopped him. Heck he could have send thousands of e-mails with the files. One is bound to release the info.

He did Whistle, but no way in hell are his intentions noble and for the people.
edit on 26-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Snowden is a distraction, nothing more, let me ask you this.. Snowden did state is had enough information to cripple the US government beyond repair.

He made a deal with Russia, however Putin said he could stay if he stopped spreading bad stuff about America.

He claims he genuine, and he does it because the people need to be made aware, then sorry ***off then I couldn't care what happens to me, and I would release the info and not use it as a bluff.

He could have posted all his leaks on Pastebin and not a single soul could have stopped him. Heck he could have send thousands of e-mails with the files. One is bound to release the info.

He did Whistle, but no way in hell are his intentions noble and for the people.

I think he was trying to help the people but his actions have snowballed and now his DIRT is the only thing keeping him alive.

Maybe im just hopeful that there are people out there with the best intentions at heart.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join