It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas 1930 - Strange case from the Condon files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Anyone can make any sense of this case mentioned in one of the CUFOS article by Michael Swords? in it was a case from a lady that think she was experiencing abduction/missing time back then in 1930.

a few things/facts :

- incident happened in 1930s before the ufo frenzy in 1947
- witness experiencing time-loss and memory-loss
- happened in isolated area
- witness was alone
- rounding-the-corner type of UFO encounter
- Entity told the witness to do absurd thing (going down off-road into canyon)

www.cufos.org...

ROADSIDE ABDUCTION?

In March 1968, the project received a letter from a woman in Texas who wanted to tell them of her experience and ask for some help in understanding it. She had read Interrupted Journey, John Fuller’s book about the Hills’ encounter, and this had goaded her into writing. She remembered her own encounter clearly and in detail, even though it had occurred over 35 years earlier, and she had been plagued with nervousness and nightmares since.

Her doctor had recently told her family that her deteriorating health seemed exacerbated by having something on her mind that was a source of serious stress. She refused to tell them about her experience, however, for fear that her family would have “thought that I’d lost all my marbles.”

The experience as she told it in her letter is suspiciously abduction-like. She had several hours of missing time. The experience begins as this young woman was driving in the family car in an isolated hilly area around 10 o’clock in the morning one day in 1930:

I remember turning a curve on the road and running up to and under the side of a huge “thing” sitting by the road. I was within a few steps of it, almost under one side of it when I stopped. It was sort of shiny gunmetal color—round and shaped like two dinner plates face-toface with a dome in the upper top side.

It was about 100 feet across, about 15 feet thick. There was a small slender door, and the door chute let down to the ground with steps on the inside of it. The backside of the ship sat on the ground, but the downhill side was braced up with two slender legs with round plates on the ground as feet.

There was one man of normal size; I’d say about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and about 165 to 180 lbs. This person came walking in the road to meet me and forced me to stop while he talked to me. Or, at least I think he talked, although I did not see his lips move, and he turned his face away and looked down. While I seemed to hear him speaking, several other persons came walking up behind him—I’d say 8 to 10. I took these persons to be a troop of Boy Scouts, about 8 to 10 years old, average size. However, when near me, I saw that there was a big difference: they looked a bit like Japs or Chinese. They had very large slanted eyes, very large cheekbones, and very thin lips. And they did not look like children but adults.

They smiled at me but did not speak. I had to smile back because they were sort of pushing each other around (horseplay), like each one trying to get in front to see better and acting like kids will.The clothing they wore I at first took to be scout uniforms—tan in color. But when they came up close to me, I saw that there were no pockets, buttons, edges, wrinkles, or pocket flaps. Very clean, neat, and nice. They wore little tight caps cut like baseball caps with little narrow bills. The larger man was dressed the same way. Offhand, the whole bunch seemed like a scoutmaster and his troop of scouts.

We had some little argument. He said: “Lady, you’ll have to leave the highway and go around as we have the road blocked here.” I said: “What is that?” pointing to this thing (saucer). He ignored this question and said, “Never mind, you’ll just have to go around. We want the road left clear and open and can’t let you through here. You are a wonderful driver and you can make it all right.”

(The “man” was directing her to drive off the road down into a rocky gully and then up another hillside to rejoin the road some distance away—see witness sketch.)

I still griped and argued and said: “I can’t put this big car down through that creek and rocks, it’d tear my car all to pieces, and I could never get out the upper side, and besides you don’t own this highway.” But somehow I couldn’t help myself, and dazedly drove very slowly and fearfully down into this creek and rough canyon. I realized that the man was walking right along the side of the car, at my elbow. I felt very safe [then] and was able to make the crossing and was no longer afraid. I wonder why?

This was about 9:30–10 a.m., and it is the last thing I remember until I came to myself walking in on my home porch at about 12 o’clock that night—about 15 miles distant. Where I was, where I went, what happened to me those many hours, I have no idea. Neighbors had driven along that area during the day, and [later] told my family that they saw my car parked on the hill beyond the canyon. My dad was forming a search party when I came in.

That I was taken aboard this saucer and carried away God Knows Where, I haven’t a simple doubt. But, if this did not happen as I remember it, then what did? I want to know—so badly that I’m sick. Something did happen—what? I want to know the truth—the whole truth regardless of what it was.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Can Michael Swords provide evidence that this letter was actually received by the Condon Commission in 1968?

Playing devil's advocate here, it is easy to say a letter was received in 1968 about a 1930 incident. Does he have anything to back up the validity of this report (not the validity of what was said about the "object", but the validity that this woman wrote a letter discussing this incident at all)?

EDIT TO ADD:
OK -- I see now that the article said it was filed by Condon under "Psychological". I suppose that means that Condon at least acknowledges receiving the letter.

edit on 8/26/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
These older reports are particularly interesting thank you for bringing it to light.
S&F

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What a fascinating case. The only real conclusions I can come to are that, it's either genuine, or someone flat out making the whole thing up and then pretending it was a real event and reporting it as so. What makes me err towards it being genuine is the utter mundanity of much of what they claimed happened to them. The part with being, redirected through the creek, seems just too "down to earth" to be the sort of thing you'd make up if you were concocting such a tale.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

Agreed. Wouldn't you think a person might tell of being taken up into the craft and flying around or being shown something amazing or some such thing if they were making it up? Why make up that they told you to drive around them, that they were blocking the road. The absurdity of it is what matches many, many actual cases.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
if this case happened in the 1980s, this will qualify as abduction experience.. seems like these entities already doing their 'kidnapping' routine since ancient times but only nowadays those silent abductees came out and spoke of their experience.

one of the interesting tidbit from ancient text , the magonia connection if you will :

From the Faerie Lore,
- Faeries love to kidnap human beings to their own purposes.
- Faeries are known to be small in stature , although there are different type of faeries
- Faeries sometimes harrass lone traveller
- Faeries love to play jokes on humans but will be angry if human retaliate.

In the olde times they are pretending to be faeries because at that time most people believed in them, nowadays no one believes in faeries thus these entities are wearing another type of disguise that is acceptable to the current cultural and educational standard of the day.

The current 'everyting can be proven by science' and 'paranormal is bunk' thinking force these entities to change their disguise from mythical faeries into a scientific sounding disguise , hence the focus on spaceship, space travel, extra terrestrial and technical mumbo jumbo.

J.Vallee's 'Passport to Magonia' is a good book to direct readers into the reality of what behind these entities, although J.Vallee still tried to be scientific and he put forward a hypothesis that can be accepted by science world (avoiding the lynching and persecution by the priest of science if he dwell on paranormal hypothesis).

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I agree.. Plus I can understand waiting 30+ years to tell of the incident.. In that day and age. She would have been institutionalized and possibly lobotomized.. Heck, they locked up alcoholics in asylums for life back then..

Her lack of an impending doom, earth change or any other sensational story that seem to cling to the less than credible abduction story's, gives it a thread of sincerity.. The believability is in what isn't said..

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Yes, that's it. I have been reading Vallee for some time now. I am almost through Forbidden Science I and I have already read Passport to Magonia and some others. I must say that I see the whole phenomenon through the same glasses as he does.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

sadly almost every post in ATS forum dabble in the fantasy and nonsense spread by the US UFOLOGY insanity crowds.. Gone are the serious UFO researchers / enthusiast who diligently read the old cases and discern the pattern of UFO encounters, nowadays its all about roswell, underground base, conspiracy and the whole nonsense even when there are no single shred of evidence pointing toward ETH..

it's like that comment from a UFO researcher saying that he is becoming a heretic among heretics.. a serious UFO researcher who keeps open mind is rare and always get shunned by the hype and fantasy crowd (every light in the sky is UFO and every goverment military person is hiding someting... real researchers are not a blind skeptic who make up non sensical evidence to disprove UFO, without reading the whole case document..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

FireMoon
What a fascinating case. The only real conclusions I can come to are that, it's either genuine, or someone flat out making the whole thing up and then pretending it was a real event and reporting it as so. What makes me err towards it being genuine is the utter mundanity of much of what they claimed happened to them. The part with being, redirected through the creek, seems just too "down to earth" to be the sort of thing you'd make up if you were concocting such a tale.

yes, the lady's story never focus on the 'UFO' or the 'Technology' part of the craft.. she just saw the whole incident from someone who seem oblivious to alien/ufo stuff and thus her mind were trying to accept what she saw as scoutmaster+students trip.

no matter what's the method, the end result is the same , missing time and abduction ..

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Hmm interesting, there was a report i heard once about 15 years back where they did an interview with a man I believe in England who saw beings very similar to the little guys this woman saw while being abducted, even down to the odd little caps on their heads (and maybe even the color of the uniforms). The guy from recollection looked to be in his 60's.

I cant really remember it, but it was part of the UFO episode of the 90's redo of the Arthur C Clarkes, Mysterious World.

I think ive still got it on tape somewhere, they even had an artists rendition of what the beings looked like to the guy.

Not sure of any date to his encounter given how long ago it was I saw it, just real interesting that this womans beings where dressed similar and looked similar to his.

edit on 11-9-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

milomilo
Anyone can make any sense of this case mentioned in one of the CUFOS article by Michael Swords?

Not much sense other than the fact that the UFO and alien truth is buried deep deep behind organizations like CUFOS and MUFON and forever lost from organizations like APRO and NICAP. Really the truth is buried so far away from the public eye the energy it takes to find it all far exceeds the motivation for even thinking of the possibility to have it uncovered. To see that people put this stuff so far beneath the layers is obvious that it is true so there really is no need to go further and just believe as astronaut Edgar Mitchell said - that Roswell was real and our little grey friends are VERY REAL.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

greyer

milomilo
Anyone can make any sense of this case mentioned in one of the CUFOS article by Michael Swords?

Not much sense other than the fact that the UFO and alien truth is buried deep deep behind organizations like CUFOS and MUFON and forever lost from organizations like APRO and NICAP. Really the truth is buried so far away from the public eye the energy it takes to find it all far exceeds the motivation for even thinking of the possibility to have it uncovered. To see that people put this stuff so far beneath the layers is obvious that it is true so there really is no need to go further and just believe as astronaut Edgar Mitchell said - that Roswell was real and our little grey friends are VERY REAL.

That the phenomena is real : YES

That roswel + grey real : NOT PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE

That UFO phenomena came from ET / Aliens : NOT PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE

What we got is massive collection of sighting documents and not a single one can be taken as evidence on who is behind the phenomena..

BUT

One thing that can be discerned from the pattern of sightings, Someone or Something (behind the UFO Phenomena) want us (humankind) to believe that they came from outerspace , that they are more advanced than mankind, that they are benevolent and kind...

They are toying with us..

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

milomilo

greyer

milomilo

That the phenomena is real : YES

That roswel + grey real : NOT PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE

That UFO phenomena came from ET / Aliens : NOT PROVEN WITH EVIDENCE

What we got is massive collection of sighting documents and not a single one can be taken as evidence on who is behind the phenomena..

BUT

One thing that can be discerned from the pattern of sightings, Someone or Something (behind the UFO Phenomena) want us (humankind) to believe that they came from outerspace , that they are more advanced than mankind, that they are benevolent and kind...

They are toying with us..

Yes they are toying with us, i believe they are called The Archons.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

They manipulate reality.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

thats exactly why you make that up, because most people would say, thats so down to earth no one would make that up
lol

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
It says woman came forth with the story after the Hill Case? 30+ years? i have my doubts, if someone could actually proof that committee received the letter in in 1968...well that would be another story

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NSM4747

i wouldnt so easily dismiss someone's report especially these old timers.. statistically , when something happen , there maybe only 1 in 10 that reported it to some kind of authority/media.. that also happen with crime, those here who knew about being mugged or harrased on the street and then just forgotting the incident without bothering to report to police knew how annoying it is to bring authorities on such cases.. ditto with UFOs

new topics

top topics

join