It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Docs Detail U.S. Involvement in Saddam's Nerve Gas Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

The U.S. knew about, and in one case helped, Iraq's chemical weapons attacks against Iran in the 1980's, according to recently declassified CIA documents obtained by Foreign Policy. Their detailed timeline, also constructed with the aid of interviews with former foreign intelligence officials, indicates that the U.S. secretly had evidence of Iraqi chemical attacks in 1983. The evidence, FP writes, is "tantamount to an official American admission of complicity in some of the most gruesome chemical weapons attacks ever launched."

www.theatlanticwire.com...

Not only did they know about the attacks adleast in one case complicit in such attacks by revealing the were abouts of Iranian troops. The Irans knew their troops had been attacked by chemical wepons but had no proof to bring to the UN..

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

And lets not forget about the old information, the Senate hearings which revealed that the US armed him.

Saddam and the US government go wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back:

...among party members colluding with the C.I.A. in 1962 and 1963 was Saddam Hussein, then a 25-year-old who had fled to Cairo after taking part in a failed assassination of Kassem in 1958.

edit on 26-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I was going to say no sh*t, but you beat me to it..

You people dont get all this crap that is going on today is because we American(government) started this yrs and yrs and yrs ago?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

So the US would happily invade Syria for the use of chemical weapons, yet they themselves have in the near past happily facilitated in the use of such weaponry...

new topics

top topics

join