It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're Throwing Journalists Into Jail Right Here In The USA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
You'd think I would learn from my relatively short history on this board that faith and logic don't mix when discussing facts, if those facts contradict faith. I just keep giving people like Grady too much credit for being open to examining facts in a reasonable way. But in this thread alone, not to mention the myriad others here, I've seen over and over a refusal to address factual information presented in differing ways by differing people. Maybe that is the biggest difference between so-called liberals and so-called conservatives. Liberals tend to weigh evidence, compare it with previous knowledge, correlate it with probabilities and impossibilities and even change their opinions when all factors point to that necessity (also known as flip-flopping). Conservatives tend to form an opinion (or suck in the one of the alpha male they submit to - god/Bush/Rush) then either make the evidence bear out that opinion, or deny/ridicule/ignore anything which does not. The one consistent characteristic that has been borne out on ATS is that the most strident, militaristic, bullying people posting here are conservatives, and they don't debate they verbally bludgeon.

In 1920, women were enfranchised. That was 84 years ago. It was much more recently that mixed couples were given the right to marry. You can keep repeating how wonderful and enlightened this country is, but it still remains that it wasn't enlightened enough to afford full citizenship to all it's people.

And you can keep repeating that journalists aren't abovethe law. Of course they aren't! If a reporter is speeding or beating his wife, throw the jerk in prison. But if she's risking imprisonment and fines to expose someone we all elected to perform a public duty, on our dime, then fight the power and let the public have justice without fear and repression.

I just wasted more time and effort on a conservative! Curses! Oh well...you free-thinkers and other liberal types know what I mean.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saerlaith
I just wasted more time and effort on a conservative! Curses! Oh well...you free-thinkers and other liberal types know what I mean.
--Saerlaith

Keep patting yourself on the back and you're going to break your arm. One day you'll wake up and people will be saying about you all the things you say about me and it will be only because you have lived long enough to know what you are talking about and have a little historical perspective--that is, if you actually learn anything over the next twenty-five years.

Now, you know everything. Enjoy it. In twenty-five years you will be surprised to learn that you know nothing. Unfortunately, the Founders didn't have your luxury of hindsight, but they did fashion an instrument that has managed to make free people of slaves and create several generations of chronically dysthymic and misanthropic enfranchised harridans.

[edit on 04/11/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Re: Your Avatar

LOL, dude my avatar is a picture of George Bush with a bag of coc aine. Here educate yourself...
www.google.com...
Turning this thread into some broad flag waving, national anthem singing, praises of our fore fathers is completely ignoring the thread topic. I noticed you failed to respond to my previous post so for your benefit, I'll repeat the basic concept here, Journalists don't have to reveal their sources if they made a prior agreement with their sources not to do so. The US supreme court and hundreds of years of journalism ethics have shown you to be, well, wrong. Learn to debate in relevance my young padawan.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I addressed the only relevant point in your post. You have no cause to protray the President in such an insolent manner and if you do, then you make yourself a target of the same type of attack.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Grady President bush snorted coc aine up his nose, I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but your hero is a long term alcaholic fortunate son deserting cokehead. Again I repeat my link that you apparently didn't bother to look at... His own family said he had a coc aine problem. www.google.com...
No as far as me making myself a target for your personal attacks, grow up. And I know it hurts you to see Bush and a bag of coc aine, but click the link and learn something new today. I don't engage in bush worship, most educated folks don't really like what the Bush family has done in the past 70 years, and I didn't use my that avatar to please your false sense of hero worship.
Now try responding to my previous post, did you look up the Supreme court case I cited, or did you sit on your butt and spew angry garbage about my avatar hurting your Bush feelings?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Alrighty then: Amuk asked you guys to please play nice int he sandbox earlier in this thread. I will ask nicely one more time for you guys to stay on topic and keep the personal sniping to yourselves.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
"If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched."

-- George Bush, cited in the June, 1992 Sarah McClendon Newsletter

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

Here is a brief insight if anyone wants insight

Itis even about investigative journalisim

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Polar Bear]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polar Bear

Grady you should read the article. And here is a cheap shot at your shrub, dogs psis on them
And blowing the crap out of 100,000 innocent civilians is called "GENOCIDE".

There you go again, with your misinformation and lack of knowledge of what is happening in Iraq...

The coalition has not killed 100,000 Iraqis.... It is possible that puing together the death toll of Iraqis that 1. died of natural causes, like old age, accidents, or were killed by insurgents and by coalition could reach that number....but the coalition has not killed 100,000 Iraqis. Get your facts straight.

BTW, i sent an email to Jim Taricani asking about this case. Let's see what he has to say.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Here is a link with more information about this case.

www.firstamendmentcenter.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
People who are willing to lessen their civil liberties for the sake of security deserve neither.

Who said that, or something very similar.

Again I'll refer people to the sayings of President Andrew Shepherd.

"The ACLU is an organisation whose sole purpose is to defend the Bill of Rights.
The issue isn't that (someone) is a member, the question is: "Why aren't you?"

[edit on 13-11-2004 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah I know, there I go again
Here is a little something from one of your own rigt wing sights expect more

n the midst of a US onslaught and hemmed in by a round-the-clock curfew, he said he had little choice but to bury his eldest son, Ghaith, in the garden.

"My son got shrapnel in his stomach when our house was hit at dawn, but we couldn't take him for treatment," said Abbud, a teacher. "We buried him in the garden because it was too dangerous to go out. We did not know how long the fighting would last."

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join