It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Energy & the Creation Problem

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

ImaFungi
reply to post by Greylorn

I agree, I dont think in reality, all the sudden a 'mysterious singularity' occurred. I only ever meant to use the term to imply the incredible ignorance of every intelligence on the other side of that 'point of creation'. There is truth, we can learn and know and deduce. Though there may be truths to far back in time to detect, perhaps they can be generally posited. The only reason I was bluntly questioning your ideas and not being impressed with them, is because it is of my opinion that they lack in substance, they are very simple and easy thoughts to come by, I just dont see why you think they are so groundbreaking and important? I dont see how they stand out among all other theories attempting to grasp and depict truth.

Thank you for this post because it might get us closer to the source of our communication problem. More likely it will not, but shall we try?

I could simply declare that you fail to appreciate my ideas because I've yet to present more than a small subset of them here, but I do not think that that is the problem. If you memorized my entire book this communication failure would still exist.

In a half-century of trying unsuccessfully to understand people I've learned this absolute truth: Once a human brain has been programmed with beliefs, all information is filtered through those beliefs, and all theories contrary to those beliefs are immediately rejected.

I've never found a way to get past this belief barrier. I'd like to try doing that. I've had poor luck with you trying to re-explain ideas that made a u-turn in your mind and came back out differently from their entry, so let's try this:

Here are the first, penultimate, and last declaration of properties in my OP titled "Properties of Soul." Show me where else these ideas are found.

1. The soul must be physical.

5. Beon has essentially one and only one physical property other than existence and a boundary condition. It can be easily described in terms of thermodynamics as a generalized Maxwellian Demon, an entity capable of freely violating the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (the entropy principle) without cost to itself, because it is not itself an energy-being.

6. Beon is an elemental kind of entity, generated by a natural phenomenon, not created by any "God."

You may need a week to do the work needed to give this reply an honest comeback, with specific references to the places where you find these ideas replicated. I'm patient, and not interested in hand-waving bs about what you claim to know.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Greylorn

I could simply declare that you fail to appreciate my ideas because I've yet to present more than a small subset of them here, but I do not think that that is the problem. If you memorized my entire book this communication failure would still exist.

Yea I dont know why you are beating around the bush, and making things as complicated as possible, try to make your theory as simple as possible to relay, and that imo would be the best way to go about sparking honest discussion. Also I have seen multiple times people ask questions and you consider the topics off topic.

Here are the first, penultimate, and last declaration of properties in my OP titled "Properties of Soul." Show me where else these ideas are found.

5. Beon has essentially one and only one physical property other than existence and a boundary condition. It can be easily described in terms of thermodynamics as a generalized Maxwellian Demon, an entity capable of freely violating the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics (the entropy principle) without cost to itself, because it is not itself an energy-being.

6. Beon is an elemental kind of entity, generated by a natural phenomenon, not created by any "God."

You may need a week to do the work needed to give this reply an honest comeback, with specific references to the places where you find these ideas replicated. I'm patient, and not interested in hand-waving bs about what you claim to know.

First, why must the soul exist? Why do you believe it does? Also every religion and myth and child that has contained ideas or thoughts about the concept of 'soul' whether they liked to or not, or meant to or not, are forced to consider a physical soul. It is impossible for something to exist non physically (though I am afraid this is semantics, I understand the term physical to mean, that which exists, if a soul exists, if a beon exists, it is physical, by means of its existence...this semantics is not important or groundbreaking... for someone can say light is non physical, and this is just semantics, the term or idea of physicality is not that special, if something exists in any way, it exists)

Since your use of the term 'soul' equals sciences concept of the brain/mind/consciousness/intelligence system, number 5 is baseless and false claim, that the beon doesnt require energy, you have just made this up to fit your myth, there is no evidence of this unless you may reply with some for me to consider. For I personally know from experience that my awareness/consciousness/ access of memories/ ability of thought and imagination/ keenness of senses depends on a regular assurance of energy.

number 6, elemental entity, I guess that would fall under sciences understanding as well. If in your next reply you can post the most impressive and transient information you have discovered in your life that has influenced your urge to create a theory of truth I would be thrilled to judge it.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

ImaFungi

Greylorn

Yea I dont know why you are beating around the bush, and making things as complicated as possible, try to make your theory as simple as possible to relay, and that imo would be the best way to go about sparking honest discussion. Also I have seen multiple times people ask questions and you consider the topics off topic.

First, why must the soul exist? Why do you believe it does? Also every religion and myth and child that has contained ideas or thoughts about the concept of 'soul' whether they liked to or not, or meant to or not, are forced to consider a physical soul. It is impossible for something to exist non physically (though I am afraid this is semantics, I understand the term physical to mean, that which exists, if a soul exists, if a beon exists, it is physical, by means of its existence...this semantics is not important or groundbreaking... for someone can say light is non physical, and this is just semantics, the term or idea of physicality is not that special, if something exists in any way, it exists)

Since your use of the term 'soul' equals sciences concept of the brain/mind/consciousness/intelligence system, number 5 is baseless and false claim, that the beon doesnt require energy, you have just made this up to fit your myth, there is no evidence of this unless you may reply with some for me to consider. For I personally know from experience that my awareness/consciousness/ access of memories/ ability of thought and imagination/ keenness of senses depends on a regular assurance of energy.

number 6, elemental entity, I guess that would fall under sciences understanding as well. If in your next reply you can post the most impressive and transient information you have discovered in your life that has influenced your urge to create a theory of truth I would be thrilled to judge it.

My "beating around the bush," as you put it, is actually just me trying to get some simple ideas across to those few who might find them interesting. I have clearly failed to get any ideas whatsoever across to you. I give up.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Greylorn

Stop making it seem like the problem is with me, and own up to your cowardice and ignorance and admit you are the one who is incompetent. Of course I dont want that. I want you to bullet point in simple form the body of your theory. I have tried in each reply to create honest discussion with questions I found pertinent to the understanding of the information you provided, they have gone ignored.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join