It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Winter on "Bill & Ted," Napster and His Documentary, "Downloaded"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This could probably go into a number of different forums but I put it here. It was a crap shoot and if it gets moved then so be it.

Thought the peeps here at ATS would enjoy this as Winter has some interesting thoughts at the end of this, the last eight or ten minutes. The documentary Downloaded is about Napster and the two guys who founded it. I couldn't find a link for that unfortunately. He is not a dumb guy and has some very intriguing ideas on the internet and what is happening today and what happened to Napster. From what he says, the Napster guys got a raw deal from the government as what Napster tried to do after the lawsuit was exactly what iTunes did. Wonder if someone was paid off so that these two guys wouldn't get paid as they weren't "part" of the system and they didn't like the global network that Napster had become.

It's easy to stereotype actors but he's not the idiot from Bill And Ted. I'd love to see this doc someday soon as it should be quite compelling, if only to see Lars Ulrich whining about his damned money losses, poor rich bastard. Hope you enjoy this.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Pretty good documentary.... I do believe it would have gone a little different in court if ole boy didn't mentioned the word "piracy" in his e-mail.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kreyvic

Thanks for the link. I'll put it up here so maybe others can watch it. I'm not giving out a credit card #, even if the site is free so I'm buggered.

www.primewire.ag...

join