It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samuel L. Jackson Reported Dead, Two Days from Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Ok, since I am not familiar with this site, I'm hoping it's just a gag site ala Onion.

Samuel L. Jackson is dead

Samuel L. Jackson, born on December 21, 1948 in Washington, D.C., was an American actor. He died on August 27, 2013 at the age of 64.

Tributes have poured in from across the world.

en.necropedia.org...

This site reports he will die in two days, but according to the posts, this is not new. So most likely the site relies on auto generated dates to report fake obituaries.
I"ll check back in two to see if the date changes.

Someone please chime in and shed some light.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I've seen this site before. Look at some of the other fake obits on the site, they all have the same date, Aug.27

eta, and yes it is a gag site of sorts, predictions maybe? As the date of death passes they update the site to show a later date. If you do that enough you will be right sooner or later.

edit on 25-8-2013 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
the comments are all from different times and they're all saying he's dying in a few days or has already died.

I think the date just randomly changes.

also this is from the site explaining why this happens.

An anticipated obituary is, by definition, an obituary written BEFORE the death of a person. It is common for news agencies to keep pre-written obituary for public figures, famous and high-profile people who are still alive. It is by no means a death announcement nor an anticipation of death.

edit on 25-8-2013 by TheGrandWarlock because: quote

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
On the site itself it says in a red box:

What follows is not a real news article; nothing (that we know) happened to him.

I have to say I'm not entirely sure what the point is then... but I've seen stranger things before.

I forget the site name but there's one where you can put in any name and have it generate a page that the person fell off a cliff in New Zealand.

People are strange.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
People used to post stuff like this all the time on Facebook. I remember when I read an article saying Will Smith fell off a cliff and died filming a movie. And at first, i believed it. Until I seen identical articles with Robert DeNiro, Brad Pitt, Eva Mendez.. I'm sure you get the point. If someone that famous really died, I'm pretty sure it'd be top news in the mainstream media.

top topics

join