It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are WE the lost civilization

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im still devloping this idea, but im curious if on ATS it has been put out there that WE are a lost civilization?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I would love to see this idea developed further! Perhaps you could start by making your OP a little longer than this reply...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hmmm we don't appear lost to my eyes. Our archaeological footprint is hugely world wide and massive so it would be millions, tens of millions of years before our legacy would disappear - if at all.

Perhaps you can explain further?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephilimsreturn
Im still devloping this idea, but im curious if on ATS it has been put out there that WE are a lost civilization?

If you are able to ask people all over the world, with a technology that instantaneously sends your words to terminals directly to one another's living rooms, "are we a lost civilization", I'd say the answer is "no".

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm going on the idea that perhaps a long time ago others left here, with the idea to return, and never did. Hence lost. Or may e were a civilization abandoned. I know some may think I should head to the UFO area....but the possibility that we are a lost/ababdoned civilization could....could be worth the slghtest look at

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Lost? Perhaps we are merely at the end of a cycle. It is said that with the phenomenal increase in computing power coupled with our technical and mechanical achievements, that cyborgs, and then robots will eventually replace us. Is it then possible to imagine a time when robotic lifeforms were facing extinction, but managed to create a carbon based biological life form to replace their own society? Ying and Yang, what's old is new... Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

We maybe lost souls try to find our missing piece in civilization and other materials.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephilimsreturn

All that's lost is my interest in this thread.

Yes.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeone718

My mistake. Next time I will start a thread keing within you specific train of thought.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
To be considered "lost"...we would require a greater need to be "found"...again. And I don't see it that way. Anyone "off-Earth-out-there"....knows we are here and has known all along.....

With potentially MILLIONS and MILLIONS of other civilizations out there....they know we are here. Hence, we are not lost at all. They know exactly where we are.

To assume we are lost and no one knows where we are...is absurd.

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
To be considered "lost"...we would require a greater need to be "found"...again. And I don't see it that way. Anyone "off-Earth-out-there"....knows we are here and has known all along.....

With potentially MILLIONS and MILLIONS of other civilizations out there....they know we are here. Hence, we are not lost at all. They know exactly where we are.

To assume we are lost and no one knows where we are...is absurd.

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

I appreciated this post, never thought of it that way.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by dondrews
Lost? Perhaps we are merely at the end of a cycle. It is said that with the phenomenal increase in computing power coupled with our technical and mechanical achievements, that cyborgs, and then robots will eventually replace us. Is it then possible to imagine a time when robotic lifeforms were facing extinction, but managed to create a carbon based biological life form to replace their own society? Ying and Yang, what's old is new... Just a thought.

We've all seen Battlestar Galactica, but there is no evidence such a thing ever happened here. There is lots of evidence that the human species naturally evolved from other life forms on this planet as part of a continuous tree of descent going back 3.5 billion years, and that civilizations arose as part of the natural evolution of human societies.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Technology doesn't necessarily mean "civilization"

If by "lost" you mean a brutal, savage species bent on self destruction thru continuous war....yes we are LOST!!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

A couple books you might find interesting....fiction(?)...about why we are here...what races from which planets maintain us, who put us here...who we are related to on which planets...and which are here for their own purposes. I will say that just reading these books....changed my perspective about your very OP here.

They are free-PDF downloads: easy to search and find. They WILL completely change your opinions on the subject.

"ALIEN INTERVIEW"
"COSMIC VOYAGE"

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

We've all seen Battlestar Galactica, but there is no evidence such a thing ever happened here. There is lots of evidence that the human species naturally evolved from other life forms on this planet as part of a continuous tree of descent going back 3.5 billion years, and that civilizations arose as part of the natural evolution of human societies.

Loved that series the ending made me depressed for days..in any case we will have a breakaway civilization soon enough with the soon to be born?? or made trans-humans.

Humanity may split into an elite and an underclass, says Dr Curry
Humanity may split into two sub-species in 100,000 years' time as predicted by HG Wells, an expert has said.
Evolutionary theorist Oliver Curry of the London School of Economics expects a genetic upper class and a dim-witted underclass to emerge.

The human race would peak in the year 3000, he said - before a decline due to dependence on technology.

People would become choosier about their sexual partners, causing humanity to divide into sub-species, he added.

The descendants of the genetic upper class would be tall, slim, healthy, attractive, intelligent, and creative and a far cry from the "underclass" humans who would have evolved into dim-witted, ugly, squat goblin-like creatures.

Race 'ironed out'

But in the nearer future, humans will evolve in 1,000 years into giants between 6ft and 7ft tall, he predicts, while life-spans will have extended to 120 years, Dr Curry claims.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Will we be considered a lost civilization by that time?? maybe

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Started reading "alien interview" What a shame this wasn't a real interview...that would be mind blowing

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

If you read them..and think about all of the evidence, films, supposed abductions, theories, Atlantis, Lemuria, lost civilizations etc....it will make one look at it all a lot differently.

Happy reading!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Maybe we are not lost, but rather a doomed world. If the Hopi's are true, we are the 4th civilization on this planet. WIth the previous three to destroy themselves similar to what we are doing now.

So we could be doomed by ourselves, never to be able to get beyond a certain point, while the rest of the universe goes on. And then we start over again like ape-people, and some hundred thousand years later we are back. With the same mentality as before.

Everything is possible...

Hopi UN speech 1976

top topics

join