It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deadly, Compact, Silent, and...Tacticool Weapon for When the Ammo Runs Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Add a red dot pointer for fast target acquisition and you are ready to rock.
Very basic tool but deadly for small game when in some experienced hands.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

We do not have vast reserves of game, but we do have a plentiful supply of rabbits and other rodentry, although as a food stuff they come with thier own pitfalls. That said, in a choice between starving, and eating, I would have no compunction about eating them. They are great resources. You can use the rabbit fur, and with the application of some human urine, heat, and time, you can create strong glues with the resin from thier skins, which is a great aid for shelter building, and rustic tool building. Such glues can be strong enough to easily hold a mans weight and more, so they are very useful.

Also, our woodlands, though sparse, are rich with phesants and other bird and animal life if you find the right location to hunt in. There are also the odd wild boar kicking around, although even a sight of such a thing is pretty rare. The other thing about the woodland and fields which break up the population centres, is that they are rife with berry bearing bushes, mushrooms, edible herbs and plants, not to mention raw materials for shelters, traps, and as previously mentioned, simple tools.

As long as one were to stay away from the major population centres, and be sure to avoid hunting too close to places like nuclear power stations, industrial locations, and so on, one would be able to live off our land here pretty well I think. The other thing about our fair isle is, that although its a shame to say it, we have no natural predators here, of a manner and power which would trouble a human being. Its fair to say that we are the top predators on this rock, and would be able to carve our selves quite a little niche. The other thing which is a possibility is, if I found myself in a position where I had already built shelter and was fairly confident of the survivability of that shelter come what may, I would probably find and chicken-nap a hen and a cockerel, and breed those suckers up, after purpose building a shelter for them.

And you mentioned a lack of guns here in the UK. Well, its true that there are few when compared to other nations, and that gives a mad bugger with a machete an advantage over most folks. First of all, there will be relatively few people hunting with guns, which means its a level playing field for everyone who has never lived the outdoors life, and provides a tactical advantage to folk like myself, who would probably be able to live off the land and call it the easy life. An awful lot of my fellow Britons would be about as useful as a grenade in a warhead factory in this situation, which means that folk who have a bit about them will be getting the majority of the meat for thier tables. This means that folk of that ilk will be able to either survive themselves with abundance, or share the fruits of thier labours with others, and that will lead to a return to some sort of olde worlde value system, where hunting skill and ability to protect a group of people can make a chieftan out of a person, rather than the current system of getting ahead by pushing paper better than your neigbor, which is at best an honourless way to live a life.

I wouldnt find any of these things negative what so ever.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
judging by the thread title i thought you meant a ka bar

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Um, Britain, with all the houses, hotels, factories, barns, why would anyone want to build shelters? with all the stores, factories, warehouses, why would anyone make weapons? sports stores have ready made weapons, javelins, fishing spears, bows, crossbows, catapults (the Y shaped item with two lengths of elastic joined by a 'cup'), so as for making 'stuff' buy it or wait until the zombies have moved away.

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

also wouldn't pvc make such a delightful catapult for heavier projectiles? also in the states where i am i can do this

edit on 19-9-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join