It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Deadly, Compact, Silent, and...Tacticool Weapon for When the Ammo Runs Out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What is a great weapon with virtually unlimited ammo, good take down power (at least with small game and giants) and is almost silent? The answer: a slingshot. This review is of the Survival Slingshot. This Survival Slingshot takes the age old slingshot into the 21st century with the ability to add accessories. For this test, though, we focused on its primary function, shooting steel shot.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just pick up a rock and hit them with that then take their stuff.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Are you new to this?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Are you new to this?

Who?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Mmm hmm, better yet, just wave your hand in front of their faces while saying, "you will hand your possessions over to me".

And can someone explain to me why the guy in the video is wearing a hat and sunglasses indoors?

edit on 25-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertysTeeth

Originally posted by LibertysTeeth
Who?

What?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

MMMMM nope I just say "Hi" if they are cool I will not harm them.
If they are invading there aren't any rules...I'm a civilian now,ha,ha,ha,ha.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think that fool would get lost in his back yard !!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

I think that fool would get lost in his back yard !!

Who me? No, not unless I fell into one of the holes I dug for you. j/k

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Oh for...it's a slingshot! A variant of one of the most basic weapons in human history, right behind the rock and the pointy stick. There's absolutely nothing new or interesting about this besides a tacticool presentation. In a survival scenario, you'd be much better served with a compact bow or small crossbow.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Better served with 2 lengths of pipe and a shotgun shell.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And in a survival situation, what do you do when your slingshot bands break?

To me, ultimate survival isn't about high tech or low tech weapons.
Because every weapon has its own downfall, or ultimate failure
Survival is knowing how to endure in any situation without the help of luxury.
Knowing where to get food, water and shelter and fast.
Learning how to construct weapons out of the environment, like the Atl-atl.
It is the ultimate survival weapon.

Sure this slingshot is nice but so is my Ka-bar fighting knife.
I can create much more with a good knife than a slingshot.
I bet it lasts alot longer than the rubber bands too.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow! I thought I had seen it all with a bayonet mounted on a pistol.

A tactical light mounted on a sling shot with a Whisker Bisket rest! Now that is impressive........somehow.

I am calling rights on the war club with range finder and laser designator. That will out-cool the afore mentioned Tier 1 Slingshot of Death.

Unless of course the designer of the sling shot ups the ante by incorporating a hydration system, grenade launcher, and fire starter on the sling shot. At that point it is a toss up which is cooler...

..unless...

You have BOTH!!! One in each hand!!! Oh Yeah Baby. Fall of civilization? No worries, I got this.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Originally posted by LibertysTeeth
Who?

What?

Who, is on first, What is on second.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The best weapon would be a sling shot. But you may have to improvise. Anything you're willing to use that is at hand will do. When I was young and grew up in the city the rule was never get into a fight unless you know you can win. And use anything that you can get your hands on. I've had to use rocks, sticks, glass, a rusty nail, etc. If it fits it hits. Sometimes landing a person on the ground turns out to be a bad day for the one who got you there. There's always a treasure trove lying about to make use of. And if you have no weapon, fingers to the eyes and a quick palm thrust to the nose usually does the trick. You can knee him in the pair for good measure if you need to. When I was young I had to beat a bully with a chair because he just wouldn't leave me alone. He never saw it coming. I didn't want to hurt my hands.

Let me just say, never attempt to start a fight if you can't take a beating. Fear is always your enemy. Think quick, look for vulnerable strikes and do what you have to do quick, seconds are longer than you think. If you can't get it done, run like you mean it. There is no shame to run away cause you can come back to fight again another day.

Of course, in the sense were are talking about we are saying that society has fallen and there is no governmental law or civility. So you would have to use what you got, think fast, and act fast if you want to survive.

And, it's always a good thing to have a sling shot handy.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Haha!

Listen, when the ammo runs out, I will be happier than a pig in muck. If things all go to hell to the point where I am looking to take a sucker out with a rock or a steel ball to the eye socket, I think I would chuck the slingshot and get close and personal with my machete, and get the job done properly.

My machete is a Staniforth Severquick. Its pretty well balanced, and it is old, which means it is reliable. It has one long curved edge on one side, and on the other, a smaller edge, protruding from its length. The longer curved blade is multifunctional, in that one could use it to strip foliage, shave soft woods to weave ropes and bindings from, make stakes, and generally craft all manner of simple things, as well as use the curve itself in place of a sickle, for the harvesting of berries, nuts, wild corn, and other herbs which might come in handy. The smaller edge focuses all the weight of the blade over a smaller area, making it perfect to use instead of a hatchet to split wood, meaning its great for making kindling, making holes so that wedges can be applied to larger chunks of wood in order to split them. Its an all purpose tool in terms of the things it allows you to craft using only one tool.

In addition to all those uses, you have the obvious advantages offered by a short, relatively weighty blade when it comes to defense. Its length being a foot and a few inches means that it is highly maneuverable in tight confines, so when worn at the hip or on a back strap, it will not click and ping against every last twig and low hanging branch, or protruding rock, unlike a longer blade. Its weight however means that it will sink deep into flesh, and its sharpness (which I keep pretty damned close to surgical) combine to make a tool which can become a fearsome weapon without any problem what so ever, one capable of taking limbs off, severing arteries, and splitting open skulls with minimum effort, and maximum effectiveness.

If you were to set up one of those human simulation dummies, with the gelatin innards and the immitation skeletal system, and attack it once with the slingshot you mention, and once with my Severquick, I would bet the farm, hell a small rural community, that the machete would do the most comprehensive damage. Given that you could use it to do the bulk of the work involved in errecting temporary shelter, harvesting edibles from hedgerows and fields, and to make your firewood to cook on too, I would rather have one of those than a slingshot. Lets face it, when the crap hits the fan, you want tools which have as few moving parts as possible. Given that the Severquick has a handle and a ruddy great blade, its got a much lower chance of failing on you than either a gun, a slingshot, or even a penknife!

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It's been proven, under 30ft knives are faster than guns.All ya gotta do is actually use one,some have troubles cutting bad guys.

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I suppose I can understand that to a degree, but I havent lived one of those lives where a fear of getting ones hands dirty occasionally would have served me very well, in fact, I probably would have been dead before I got out of high school if I hadnt had more about me than that.

The fact is we arent talking about equipment for camping and leisure activities here. We are talking about trusty gear you can take with you when you wander out of the population centres and try and start a life away from the madness which will ensue should a total governmental collapse occur, combined with, or as a result of, mass public unrest, civil disobedience, bordering on civil war and anarchy.

I would take my machete over virtually anything else, because I know that I am quiet of foot, know how to blend into my surroundings, and am confident that in a scenario where I come up against people who intend to slay me, that I have a better chance than some, of getting within that thirty foot range, before my target has any idea just how boned they are.

Sure, there may be some folk who dont have that confidence, and for them a slingshot or some other madness is all very well. But for those of us who are actually likely to survive the first twenty four hours of a chaotic outbreak in our societies at all, blades win hands down (or off, which ever happens first
).

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Why is a catapult being called a slingshot? totally different to each other a catapult, as shown, and a slingshot is two lengths of cord joined at one end by a 'cup' to hold the stone.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

If it did happen, how would England fare? No firearms or extensive game to eat,it would suck.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join