It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Absolutely Not, No Way" Would Gun Control Laws Have Stopped Oklahoma Murder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The "thrill kill" shooting death of Australian jogger Chris Lane in Oklahoma has sparked outrage, sadness and confusion. Unsurprisingly, CNN host Piers Morgan used the shooting to push for more gun control.

Piers Mogan comes to save the day, NOT!

Foreigners - like Piers Morgan and some Australians who have been questioning the Lane murder - may be confused about America's gun laws, but that doesn't mean they're right. Would more gun control have done anything in this case?

They are not right. They are wrong as usual. Why because some people 'never let a good crisis' go to waste. Yet some pundits seek to exploit yet one more gun related death.

"Absolutely not, no way," said district attorney Jason Hicks. "These kids were not supposed to have a .22 revolver in the first place."

Absolutely correct !

Criminals don't follow the law, they never have, they never will. The only thing gun control laws do is punish the rest of us who have NOT done anything wrong.

"We've got statutes right now that prohibit those three from having a firearm. They're not legally entitled to have a .22-caliber revolver in the first place. You can give me another five, 10, 100, 1,000 laws. It's not going to stop them."

Also true doesn't matter if it is 1000 or 1 million laws. You can not legislate human behavior. Only punish after the fact.

Piers Morgan shilling for the gun control crowd.

Honk if you support your civil liberties.

What say you ?

Are you a servant to the nanny state telling you want you can own ?

Or are you a mean protector of your constitutional rights ?

You must choose, but choose wislely.

(reference to From dusk til dawn cleaned up for pg-13).

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Honk if you support your civil liberties.

What say you ?

Are you a servant to the nanny state telling you want you can own ?

Or are you a mean protector of your constitutional rights ?

You must choose, but choose wislely.

(reference to From dusk til dawn cleaned up for pg-13).

Honk !! ... HONK !!

I Support the 2nd Amendment !!

The Nanny State is for nannys, ninnys, and sucklings

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Well of course gun laws wouldn't have helped, but it isn't about facts.

It's about control and disarming the public.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When has the truth, reason, logic ever been applied with the gun-control Nazi's?

A tragedy has once again been used by the pro-government progressives.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Then it may have been a stabbing or the ever popular African American favorite 10 on 1 beating.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I haven't been following the story. I'm going to ask an honest question, please don't hate me.

Where did they get the gun?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by neo96

I haven't been following the story. I'm going to ask an honest question, please don't hate me.

Where did they get the gun?

Have to search for that answer, But I can tell you they did not get it from a brick, and mortar store because BY LAW guns can not be sold to minors.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Then it may have been a stabbing or the ever popular African American favorite 10 on 1 beating.

Yeah, or the old and very wicked standby of a baseball bat from behind, out the window of the slow moving vehicle. If I'm not mistaken, that's about how they shot him. The bat stunt has happened just enough to be more than a bad idea and shows where there is a will to kill, the warped minds will find a way.

James Byrd in Jasper Texas was killed by some punks who were literally just bored as well. In the balance, for what happened there, a gun would have been merciful. Evil is in the person, not the tool, IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

11 dollars worth of standard pipe and fittings makes you a 12 gauge shotgun.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Yup... They call it a bang stick in commercial dive supply circles.

Then again.. there might be a limit to how much we ought to be sharing on such really creative ways to make trouble. I don't hear anyone talk about the classics like the Jolly Roger anymore. Such a loss of great literature, eh?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm confused

Not being from the USA........is someone taking away your rights to have guns?

I doubt Piers Morgan could do it!.....why are those people protesting?

Has someone with the necessary powers said that they intend to stop Americans from owning/carrying guns?

This is a serious question?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I'm confused

Not being from the USA........is someone taking away your rights to have guns?

I doubt Piers Morgan could do it!.....why are those people protesting?

Has someone with the necessary powers said that they intend to stop Americans from owning/carrying guns?

This is a serious question?

Dianne Feinstein and Friends?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Minds like ours are best kept to ourselves I suppose?
Old Rog is still out there, people especially kids are just too stupid to know about it.
edit on 25-8-2013 by zonetripper2065 because: edit

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The only reason you are right is because it would virtually be impossible to police all the guns out there right now. Guns are so freaking easy to get thanks to gun advocates who cry when any sort of reasonable gun control laws is suggested.

Now it is too late for anything to be done. So if anyone is too blame for the rampant gun violence in America...BLAME THE NRA AND THE GUN ADVOCATES.

Don;t like it.?.....tough...it is the truth and anyone reasonable person knows it. Gun rights people know it too be true..they just turn a blind eye for their precious guns.

If any of their loved ones die...I just say..Oh really...a lot good your gun was but wait it was good for the criminal who had easy access to the guns, thanks to laws you fight against.

No tears..nothing..you deserve everything you get. What goes around comes around. A Zimmerman should be used when a coward instigates crap and then kills the victim due to their cowardice.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Guns are so freaking easy to get thanks to gun advocates who cry when any sort of reasonable gun control laws is suggested.

What ?

Guns are 'not easy' to get according to the gun laws already on the books.

Do tell what is 'reasonable' ?

Having to ask government's permission to own one ?
Have to ask the cops for permits, and licenses ?

NO ONE has any rights to 'suggest' reasonable gun control laws as it is laid out in the US constitution in the 2nd,9th, and 10th amendments.

Have no idea so many people supported trampling others civil rights under the false pretense of 'reason gun control laws'.

What part of gun control laws don't stop behavior that is already ILLEGAL under a myriad of other laws ?

Really WHAT PART OF that are some people missing ?

Now it is too late for anything to be done. So if anyone is too blame for the rampant gun violence in America...BLAME THE NRA AND THE GUN ADVOCATES.

I blame people who don't know what the hell they are talking about for gun control laws. Statements like that are the reason why.

'Gun violence' ?

Guns get all by themselves, walk around, and target people ?

Do them evil guns load themselves ?

Do them evil guns pull the trigger for themselves ?

'Gun violence' ?

Sounds like someone regurgitating Piers Morgans and gun control political talking points. I wonder if they realize how ridiculous they sound ?

Why should anyone in this country give up their arms to the government ?

That same government who gives the same weapons, and worse to any 2 bit dictator,drug cartel, and terrorist. Anyone they deem to be 'friendly'.

By what right does government, or neighbors have to tell gun owners what they can or can't own ?

Answer they don't have the rights as it is laid out crystal clear in the highest law in the land. The US constitution,.

Don't like it ?

Tough.
edit on 25-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

It is the easy access to guns that are the issue..and the laws that would make it harder for anyone to get guns that are the issue.

What 'easy access' are you talking about ?

What laws are needed to stop criminals from getting guns ?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996

Guns do not stop crime, they do not stop tyranny, they do not keep you safe..they do not do anything you guys love to preach.

1)Guns do not stop Crime
-Damn the Police have been doing it wrong this whole time! Batons only
2)They do not stop Tyranny
-American Revolution? World War 2?
3)They do not keep you safe
-Yes they do...When they make the bad guy go away...

You may be comfortable with the thought that police are only minutes away when you only have seconds to live, but I am not. I'd rather not be a victim

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1

1)Guns do not stop Crime
-Damn the Police have been doing it wrong this whole time! Batons only
2)They do not stop Tyranny
-American Revolution? World War 2?
3)They do not keep you safe
-Yes they do...When they make the bad guy go away...

You may be comfortable with the thought that police are only minutes away when you only have seconds to live, but I am not. I'd rather not be a victim

1) Crime is still a big part of your country even with all your guns out there..SO GUNS DO NOT STOP CRIME.

2) Guns did not do any of those people did. Also if you are one the people who believe the government constantly screws you over...then why has the fear of guns not stopped them from doing so?..SO GUNS DO NOT STOP TYRANNY.

3) I could link you to countless of stories of gun owners also being victimized by criminals...SO GUNS DO NOT KEEP YOU SAFE.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It is the easy access to guns that are the issue..and the laws that would make it harder for anyone to get guns that are the issue.

What 'easy access' are you talking about ?

What laws are needed to stop criminals from getting guns ?

How about stricter background checks, mental health checks..etc. Registering your guns. Stricter laws if caught with a gun not registered. instant decades behind bars for criminal using a gun in a crime. If gun used in killing instant execution..if more than three witnesses, video footage..etc.

Make criminals fear having a gun in their hands...by giving them a harsher punishment for use of a gun.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join