It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Meaning of Life and Where Do We Come From?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
What is the Meaning of Life and Where Do We Come From?

Throughout the history of human existence these 2 questions have been asked over and over again.

Many have done their best to answer both of them.

I do not pretend to know the answer to either question, but I have my own beliefs about both.

There are different aspects of us as humans that are separate from other aspects of us as spiritual entities, but our spiritual being must exist in order for our human condition to function.

We have a mixture of creationism and evolutionism that are not mutually exclusive; you can not have one without the other. In order to be created we had to evolve and in order to evolve we had to be created, so the argument for one over the other is moot.

As to the question about the meaning of life…again I do not pretend to know the answer, but I have my own beliefs.

We are here in this human condition to learn a series of lessons that are necessary for the evolution of our soul. I happen to believe this takes many incarnations and transcends other dimensions and other existence’s besides this human form.

In terms others may understand better…Think of your soul as a digital hard drive…and each life a digital disc…each disc contains different information from each life that is stored on the hard drive.

You can access the information and each disc needs to be kept free of scratches in order to be played correctly, do not confuse scratches with mistakes. Mistakes are important; the scratches if allowed to happen will cause the same mistakes to occur…this is a detriment to the evolution of your soul.

It is important to not make the same mistakes over and over again; this is something the human condition doesn’t do very well.

I would be able to write more on this, but I think I will stop here and let some of your comments dictate further discussion.

Kindest regards,

Soul

P.S. We are all connected and I consider all of you to be soul mates.

I call this art "Sacred Soul Circles"

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

1+1=2
2+1=3
3+1=4
4+1=5
5+1=6
6+1=7
7+1=8
8+1=9

and 9+1=0

then you get to start all over again on a new level:
10+1=11 and so on.

the meaning of life is growth and evolution.

the meaning of death is stagnation.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Bumping your thread. I hate it when threads go under the radar, unfortunately it does happen. And sorry to use a cliché, but I think the answer to your question is 42.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Life has no meaning, we give it meaning.
Despite that many seem to believe in reincarnation, there is no purpose for an evolving soul whatever that is, one is born, grows old and dies.
But we regenerate, so there is physical evolution, yes, but not in the mind.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My interpretation on the meaning to what we call this life is this.

We grow,expand our knowledge.While doing so we enjoy it and help others.
Then somewhere along that timeline,we have children to which we share that knowledge and joy.

And hopefully,if we did what was right,they pass it on to there children.

Then we pass on to another realm.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I was not there but one of the best stories I have heard goes something like this:

On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the
door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For
this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.."

The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten
years and I'll give you back the other ten?"

And God saw it was good.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people,
do tricks, and make them laugh.
For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."

The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years?
That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I
give you back ten like the dog did?"

And God, again saw it was good.

On the third day, God created the cow and said,
"You must go into the field with the farmer all
day long and suffer under the sun, have calves
and give milk to support the farmer's family.
For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for
sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"

And God agreed it was good.

On the fourth day, God created humans and said,
"Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life.
For this, I'll give you twenty years."

But the human said, "Only twenty years?
Could you possibly give me my twenty,
the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten
the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"

"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."

So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and
enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to
support our family. For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to
entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years, we sit on the
front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing
it as a public service. If you are looking for me I will be on the
front porch...........It's a nice day here

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I don't think anyone can say for certain the true reason for our existence other than possibly experiencing life in the capacity of gaining experience and perspective from the angle of a small cog in a huge machine that we are all part of, the data from that experience and perspective gathered into the collective and being redistributed back into us as instinct and inherited knowledge to be built upon as we move forward in our spiritual, emotional and intellectual evolutionary development. In other words, to be interpreted as all life is growth, learning and development. That is what my brain tells me about the meaning of life.

My heart holds a slightly different interpretation of what the meaning of life is. I believe the true purpose of our existence as humans is to experience love- every kind of love. To love your parents and family as a child, to love your friends, to love your spouse, children and grandchildren. If you are very fortunate you might be lucky enough to love someone who could be called a "soul mate" (which opens up a whole other can of worms), or you could be one of those wonderful people with enough love in your heart for all people- even those you do not know. I think that learning to love ALL people is the ultimate goal and is necessary if we ever wish to attain the elusive "Heaven on Earth" that we've all heard about our entire lives.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Maybe we are actually answers to something else's question...

What is a question/answer?

Math

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Q. "What is the Meaning of Life and Where Do We Come From?"

A. There is none. I come from Melbourne. You?

1+1=2
2+1=3
3+1=4
4+1=5
5+1=6
6+1=7
7+1=8
8+1=9

and 9+1=0

then you get to start all over again on a new level:
10+1=11 and so on.

the meaning of life is growth and evolution.

the meaning of death is stagnation.

Stunning. Mind-shattering, paradigm-shifting curve ball that one... Okay, not really.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I don't think anyone can say for certain the true reason for our existence other than possibly experiencing life in the capacity of gaining experience and perspective from the angle of a small cog in a huge machine that we are all part of, the data from that experience and perspective gathered into the collective and being redistributed back into us as instinct and inherited knowledge to be built upon as we move forward in our spiritual, emotional and intellectual evolutionary development. In other words, to be interpreted as all life is growth, learning and development. That is what my brain tells me about the meaning of life.

My heart holds a slightly different interpretation of what the meaning of life is. I believe the true purpose of our existence as humans is to experience love- every kind of love. To love your parents and family as a child, to love your friends, to love your spouse, children and grandchildren. If you are very fortunate you might be lucky enough to love someone who could be called a "soul mate" (which opens up a whole other can of worms), or you could be one of those wonderful people with enough love in your heart for all people- even those you do not know. I think that learning to love ALL people is the ultimate goal and is necessary if we ever wish to attain the elusive "Heaven on Earth" that we've all heard about our entire lives.

Allow your Lord god Barthandelus answer this question. There is NO purpose to anything. Good and evil isn't even real. They are only constructs we humans thought up in order to keep balance to our pathetic society. Rape, killing, hatred, greed etc are neither evil or good. Just emotions (programs and actions(Moving atoms).

As for where we come from. Humans come from nothing and are nothing. To exist is pointless for existence never had a point. So littled16 how does it feel knowing your existence is nothing? That your life isn't even a life, but merely and empty void that in a state of probability.

Everything is pointless......nothing matters my dear.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Barthandelus

They are only constructs we humans thought up in order to keep balance to our pathetic society. Rape, killing, hatred, greed etc are neither evil or good. Just emotions (programs and actions(Moving atoms).

How does one explain consciousness in your little theory that everything I meaningless?

Technically speaking matter is composed of Smaller and smaller particles and the current working "theory" is that matter is composed of strings... Strings have no ability to react... or think... nor do complex molecules...

Nor does the electrical impulses within our bodies without something making all of it work in synchronicity

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Double post.... Can't someone fix that FFS!

:bnghd:
edit on 26-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

They are only constructs we humans thought up in order to keep balance to our pathetic society. Rape, killing, hatred, greed etc are neither evil or good. Just emotions (programs and actions(Moving atoms).

How does one explain consciousness in your little theory that everything I meaningless?

Technically speaking matter is composed of Smaller and smaller particles and the current working "theory" is that matter is composed of strings... Strings have no ability to react... or think... nor do complex molecules...

Nor does the electrical impulses within our bodies without something making all of it work in synchronicity

Doesn't change the fact that all is meaningless. Doesn't matter if a god exists or not, all is meaningless or pointless.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barthandelus

Doesn't change the fact that all is meaningless. Doesn't matter if a god exists or not, all is meaningless or pointless.

That isn't a fact to everyone my friend... only in recent years have people decided that life has no meaning...

And that is because we do not act according to our own nature...

Our life is confined to various boxes... which is unnatural to our species... 100 some odd years ago we used to sit around fires and tell stories... now we stare at screens all day... we're disconnected from God in this time...

Not all of us though... There are many who realise who we are... and life is NOT meaningless brother...

Its really sad people think this way these days....

Read this if you have time... might knock a bit of sense into you

Who are you?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Because it does not fit with many peoples desire for there to be a divine soul and origin for human beings, they reject out of hand any naturalistic explanations for consciousness.

However, what we want has no bearing on what actually is.
edit on 26-8-2013 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

That isn't a fact to everyone my friend... only in recent years have people decided that life has no meaning...

And that is because we do not act according to our own nature...

Our life is confined to various boxes... which is unnatural to our species... 100 some odd years ago we used to sit around fires and tell stories... now we stare at screens all day... we're disconnected from God in this time...

Not all of us though... There are many who realise who we are... and life is NOT meaningless brother...

Its really sad people think this way these days....

Read this if you have time... might knock a bit of sense into you

Who are you?

If you died today you really think it matters? In a billion years we'll all be a meaningless memory of the past. No matter what you believe in everything comes down to being pointless. What we define as life never had a meaning beyond primal urges. Heck, the only reason I even wake up is to eat, sleep, work and die then be forgotten in time.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Allow your Lord god Barthandelus answer this question. There is NO purpose to anything. Good and evil isn't even real. They are only constructs we humans thought up in order to keep balance to our pathetic society. Rape, killing, hatred, greed etc are neither evil or good. Just emotions (programs and actions(Moving atoms).

As for where we come from. Humans come from nothing and are nothing. To exist is pointless for existence never had a point. So littled16 how does it feel knowing your existence is nothing? That your life isn't even a life, but merely and empty void that in a state of probability.

Aren't you just all warm and fuzzy inside? I wonder what happened to make you so cold toward the world and your existence, and per your signature what makes you really hate women so much. I think that maybe you don't see existence as pointless so much as you are angry about your experiences- especially with women. Just a guess.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

Aren't you just all warm and fuzzy inside? I wonder what happened to make you so cold toward the world and your existence, and per your signature what makes you really hate women so much. I think that maybe you don't see existence as pointless so much as you are angry about your experiences- especially with women. Just a guess.

If you want to understand my perception first you must eliminate the belief of good and evil. Secondly you must see all objects for what they really are which is machines made up of atoms. Thirdly, all emotions are programs that delude us. What you define as cold is me being realistic of how reality works.

Lasty, I feel nothing much of women anymore. I perceive females as parasites leeching off of males or the government. Briffault's Law states when females can NOT benefit from a male no transactions will be made.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

In an even bigger picture. It is not growth that is life, but change. Things are always changing. Movement and growth is a part of change.

Oneness, absolute sameness, non-difference is Stagnation and as you said, stagnation is death.

It is duality ("this" and "that" and the change in between) that is life.

Existence does not come to be. Existence just "is". Nothing is created. Existence is just changing and becoming difference things.

A seed becomes a flower, and that seed came from dirt, mineral, Earth; and Earth came from dust, and dust came from The Light - The Oness, the total some of energy before the expansion of the universe.

It was all already here. Things are always changing from one "thing" to "another" but we see this as an illusion of "Creation" rather than "Change".

This is why it is more accurate to say that there is no "birth" or "death" - just "transformation".

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You do realize that when the mods snap that you've been here before you will get the ban hammer again right? I remember you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join