It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: air attacks loom as Britain and US pledge to use force within two weeks

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Thorneblood

Iran has threatened retaliation against Israel if we hit Syria, so the situation has the potential to blow up in a big way. We have bases near Iran, with E-3, E-8, and RC-135, and all are within range of Iranian SA-2 missile sites. While the SA-2 won't work against say and F-15, it would work wonders against something like an E-3, which is slow and vulnerable to just about any type of ground fire. The Air Force may have to do something it hasn't had to do since WWII, and defend its own bases against air attack.

The worst fear we had in the middle east when deployed was Iran launching weapons at our bases, well within their rings, mind you. But we aren't totally defenseless in those bases. There are patriot battery's everywhere. In fact, one patriot battery locked on to an incoming helo one day, one of ours, because he didn't have the correct mode 4 set. Those batteries are incredibly sensitive to incoming aircraft or missiles.

The biggest problem, as you have said, is launching those HVAA aircraft from those bases. They usually will have assets in the air whenever the HVAA aircraft (E-3, RC, JSTARS, tankers) just in case Iran tried to get pretty. I'm sure there are some F-16CJ's out there ready to fire HARMS as soon as Iran lights up a jet.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

It's going to depend on the tankers. We have folks watching the areas that need to be watched so we'll have some warning if something kicks off, but I don't think it'll happen for a little while yet. Let the NATO forces get into the area first, then hit them.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Russia isn't is the best shape to try to intervene. They may attempt to, but with the condition of their military, it's not a done deal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I would hope there were. And more than that sitting alert 5, or less.
edit on 8/27/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Didn't NATO gather some substantial evidence yesterday there second attempt. ?
Once the NATO inspectors have been pulled out of Syria may give the green light.

Within two weeks so it could be from anytime now up to two weeks.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Zaphod, got any updates yet?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I don't think Iran has ever been in a war time scenario or caused a war yet with the west.

They have threaten the west with hell fire that is all.

So it would be practically Irans first attempt throwing an offensive at the US, other supporting countries.
Israel on the other hand will have a field day.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Nothing yet. We have folks keeping an eye on the right locations to get an idea, but I think it'll be a little while. Let the UN inspectors get out, and NATO forces get into the area.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

I think it'll be once the NATO forces are in the area. You may see an E-3 or two from NATO, as well as a small tactical bomber force, but I think the brunt of this will be US.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The sad fact in all of this, is that a war of any kind, greases the economic wheels of a stagnant economy.
Expect growth to increase rapidly in the days after the Amerikans strike,

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Sorry not NATO I mean UN

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

From what I'm reading right now, they're delaying visits due to not having their safety guaranteed.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Anyone else remember this?

This video is at least 3 years old now but only now sounds hauntingly familiar.

The end goal? - Control of the middle easts oil supply which is going to be achieved by eradicating Russian and Chinese influence from the area.

Why would Russia would have a strong response to action? Take a look at this map of the middle eastern oil pipelines. They are all major, and i mean major supply lines not just for Russia, but also the whole of Europe.

edit on 27-8-2013 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
My buddy has been staking out whiteman for the last 24 hours or so with no movement. I'm heading there tonite to relieve him. However with b-2s deployed around the world already, I'm not sure a strike from white man will happen right away.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Are they still out and about? The last I heard there were only a couple making the rounds and they were planning to return to Whiteman after their "tour". They had talked about future deployments to Australia but I hadn't heard if those were going off yet or not.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if there were some at Anderson and Diego right now.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I wouldn't be either, although I'd be nervous as hell if I were them and at Guam.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So it seems a lot of the pieces are in place, and the question remains.
"ready to go"
If it all is really a fake, then i would assume there will be some "attack" from Syria or the 'rebels'
If it is all true, then i think it will come out that its a green light to attack through the media first before much is really shown.
Obama is afraid of zombies.

edit on 27-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hmm maybe sooner?

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 9m
Attack shuts down New York Times' website. on.cnn.com...
View summary

Syria is said to have been behind the recent attacks right? First the news papers....then the nasdaq.
If a cyber attack is bad enough then they get to declare martial law.

Security threat researcher Matt Johansen said on Twitter that he suspected the attack was the work of the Syrian Electronic Army, a group of hackers aligned with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Several Twitter users posted screenshots of a "Hacked by SEA" message they said they received when they went to the New York Times homepage

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Were they behind the nasdaq the otherday? If so
I lost £100

Nuke the (T&C Violation)

NEVER and I mean NEVER get between me and my MONEY! EVER!

Yep Its offical Im Pro Syrian war now!!!!! Get those bombs dropping!
edit on 27-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join