It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: air attacks loom as Britain and US pledge to use force within two weeks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just find it odd that there is an oil pipeline going through Syria and guess where the oil depot is? Yes Damascus so this is about oil and weapons maybe drugs too who knows these days. They are using terrorism as a means of war when we all know that they are after the oil and weapons like in Iraq. Also I have been monitoring the oil prices in Syria and yep the costs of oil are soaring what a surprise. TPTB own the oil and arms trade so they are making money off this war and also keeping to this 500,000 world population agenda by killing as many people as they can. I'm really angry that we the people don't even get a say if we want to fund another useless war. After all our money is funding these wars shouldn't the people have a vote?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning, it smells like [expletive deleted]!

All the people crying about how horrible Sandy Brook was when 22 some odd kids died, and they wanted to ban all guns. And yet it's totally fine to let 1300 die of a chemical attack and do nothing.

Oh so it happened in another country... well that's fine then?

If you have the ability to act, and don't; that makes you complacent in the crime.

M

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Unfortunately the evidence that I have (sorry, can't be shared right now), says otherwise. There have been a few fairly large movements begun that are going that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Zaphod, please do share what you can. Are we talking American movement? "world" movement? Also are you just talking about Syria or are we looking at total ME?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

There's not a lot I can share right now, but one of the groups in the US that I would expect to see moved if something was going to happen began movement this morning heading for that region. It looks right now, based on what my sources say, that it's limited to the Syrian region. Sorry I can't give more, but they took a chance to tell me what they know, and I don't want to put them in a bind.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Unfortunately the evidence that I have (sorry, can't be shared right now), says otherwise. There have been a few fairly large movements begun that are going that way.

comeon man.. give us some hints..
edit on 26-8-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Thank you for replying on such a short notice, I can image you don't wan't to misplace their trust.

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but are we talking officially boots on ground? And if you could find the time to ask( if possible ) Can you find out if the military is expecting Russian resistance? Head on I mean.

Much obliged so far!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I haven't heard of any plans for boots on the ground. My theory (along with a blog I follow) is that we're finally going to get to see what the B-2 can do against a modern air defense system. I don't think there will be much tactical bombing during the first few strikes, until the B-2s can knock some air defenses down.

I don't know about Russian resistance. Their military is still in pretty rough shape, so I don't know if they can do much besides supply air defense systems (which are really good).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Aha, funny you should say that, didn't the B-2 get a new paint job recently? I remember seeing something about it here on ATS. maybe the thread from Boomer the one with his pictures.

Might there be some correlation.

Ah, okay I just don't think Russia is gonna let this slide and I think they might intervene. Thanks for some answers.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Latest Russian comments:

"Lavrov said that the US, Britain and other countries have assembled a “powerful force” and are “readying their ships and planes” for a possible invasion.

Asked if Russia was going to join in the potential conflict on either side, Lavrov said “We have no plans to go to war, but we hope that others think of long-term interests.”

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

They're still getting the new paint as they go through PDM. I'm trying to find out more movements, that I can discuss in more detail, but right now it's just the one that I can confirm.

I don't think Russia will sit it out, but on the other hand, they are seriously limited in their options. Their naval forces are still in ok shape, but their air forces, and some of their ground forces are pretty rough. The air force has been training hard, and improving, but when you have three aircraft with the same parts, all produced in different ways, you're going to look at reliability issues.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I followed that meeting, at one point he said " we don't want the war of civilizations". The mood was very grim and dark if you ask me. And such a weird thing to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I miss John Lennon : ( Will this ever end???

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Last time I checked, Russia has stationed a few nuclear subs at Cyprus. And Cyprus and Syria are very close to each other.

This is getting very messy.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It depends on the types of subs, and where they operate. If they're older, then they'll be easier to avoid. If they're Akulas, then yes, it's gonna be messy, and I hope that what I've heard about the USN's ASW improvements is true, if Russia decides to come in.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
You guys are getting all worked up over nothing LOL

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We'll see in a few days. I know of some things happening that most people don't, and it tells me that they're serious.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I can't find what type of Submarines are stationed there.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

The article I found from 2011 said nuclear missile submarines. That could be boomers, or it could be something with a VLS type system like the US uses.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I dont know ive been on this site for years i have yet to be wrong yet when it comes to any of this. First time for everything so we will see but i highly doubt it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join