It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: air attacks loom as Britain and US pledge to use force within two weeks

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Lets not get to hasty WW3 is not even on the agenda yet we still have got to hear from France and the US and a change of tides could occur if Cameron decided its the UK's legal duty to take action with UN resolution but as far as I know UK looks like they could be backing off which leaves the US and France,

And if the US goes in without a UN passing could lead to profound consequences.

We will just have to see how it all plays out.

However don't expect a UK response to soon if otherwise.
edit on 29-8-2013 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Im not expecting a response by any of them. I see where the US is in consultation with Russia about a watered down response.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Thorneblood

They wouldn't send an E-4 for him. They had a Gulfstream IV that performed a similar mission that they would use. The E-4 would only follow the President around if it was performing that mission.

You are the right person to ask.

If the E-6 which the US have statioined Down there, begins to fly. Would that be a indication that something is up very soon?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

While we're on the subject, could Zaphod comment on how relevant this is.

It's an E-4B apparently these aircraft are destined to keep the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other “decision makers” alive to direct nuclear (and conventional) forces, by receiving, verifying and relaying EAM (Emergency Action Messages).
One has been seen in Turkey recently.

Read more: theaviationist.com...#ixzz2dNA0qnFD

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Could be anything when was this taken? I doubt it was today...would be kinda hard to keep that thing flying for a whole week unti this "strike" comes to be.

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by spy66

While we're on the subject, could Zaphod comment on how relevant this is.

It's an E-4B apparently these aircraft are destined to keep the Secretary of Defense, the Joint Chiefs of Staff and other “decision makers” alive to direct nuclear (and conventional) forces, by receiving, verifying and relaying EAM (Emergency Action Messages).
One has been seen in Turkey recently.

Read more: theaviationist.com...#ixzz2dNA0qnFD

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Both the E-6 and the E-4 are Command and Control (C2) aircraft, so if either of them are seen flying in the area then there's a good chance that something is coming. If an E-6, E-3, and E-8 all launch together, then I'll almost guarantee that something is going to happen. Especially if the E-6 hadn't been flying in previous days.

reply to post by abdel

Reportedly that's the one that Hagel is on. He supposedly went from Malaysia, to Jordan, to Turkey (which is an odd route to take). If it is that one, then it probably just stopped for consultations with Turkey, and then continued home. The question becomes, is it still there. If it's still there, then they're probably using it for its C2 role, and it will command the strikes.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanx Zaphod, I've got a really bad feeling about all this crap, I've never really believed that the predator class would be so self destructive but recently I've had to re-evaluate.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

There's an impressive OoB in the region already so there has been very little movement required from the mainland and other forces. What has been moved from the mainland just makes it that much more potent of a force.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Russian aircraft carrier fleet in Mediterranean, more ships en-route:
www.presstv.ir...
Chinese navy taskforce off the gulf of Aden: www.chinadaily.com.cn...
USA sending additional warships:www.ghatreh.org...
French dispatches Naval ship to Eastern Mediterranean:www.thelocal.fr...
Britain has four warships, the Navy’s flagship HMS Bulwark, a helicopter carrier and two frigates in Mediterranean France Rafale and Mirage jets in the United Arab Emirates.
RAF Typhoon jets have been deployed to Cyprus

edit on 29-8-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I think any attack will come from the sea. Maybe a cruise missile directed at the airbase in Hama

It looks very lonely out there exposed. I know they have radar systems but they must be out-dated by western standards.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
So any word on the size of the Naval ship buildup out there. Between all these countries I'm sure there is a massive buildup?

What the Norm for this type of situation?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpy

It's not that big, really - the US has several ships in the area, as does the UK but our capabilities in this mission are limited to the single submarine we have down there, HMS Tireless.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

So the E-6 and the E-4 are aircraft that are launched when a some thing bad is on the cards are we talking Nuclear here or am I just jumping the gun.

Surely these plans are used for other purposes ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Just coming in from RT a 5th US Warship has been deployed.

rt.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

Their original mission was nuclear command and control but they can be used for conventional attacks too. They free up the E-3 crews to worry about fighter direction instead of trying to do fighter direction and C2 at the same time.
edit on 8/29/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The double standards of the US when they go around blaming for things they already done.

Does Agent Orange US used in Vietnamese come to mind ?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Say any new movement? So i'm guessing attack with the next full moon? Gives the UN their 4 day time.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
More news coming in from RT

Iran-bound S-300 anti-aircraft systems ‘dismantled’ – Russia

rt.com...

UK sends jets to Cyprus in what it insists is a defensive move

rt.com...

So all sides are preparing

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyWarrior

Well seems like Plan A (Chemical attack) is now toast...

Plan B will be a US aircraft getting shot down (near) Syrian airspace and a US warship being struck by an Anti-ship missile in the Med off the coast of Syria ....

C...

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The latest is the attack has run into roadblocks and Obama still hasnt made a decision yet. Looks like it would be mid next week at the earliest.

Originally posted by Senduko

Say any new movement? So i'm guessing attack with the next full moon? Gives the UN their 4 day time.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join