It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria allow UN access to chemical weapons site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
bbc.co.uk...

The Syrian govt are trying to show people this attack wasnt carried out by them, and the tories still try and spin the story to protect the truth from getting out. So I chem bombed my own people then I ask the UN come and inspect my work.
Come on, they dont even try very hard to cover this stuff up any more!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yeah, they disallowed the inspectors to go there when the evidence could be validated. I wouldn't take this as anything other than an attempt to stop support for action by the west. Does the president of Syria think everyone is stupid

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If he didnt want the west to interfere, he wouldnt have done the 1 thing that obama said was the "red line"

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper62

Clearly the actions of a guilty man, is this not the same tactic pulled when Iraq...

Oh wait Iraq kicked out inspectors not invited them in, oh I am so confused which propaganda to believe...

Even their lies or intellectually inconsistent.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Clearly the actions of a guilty man, is this not the same tactic pulled when Iraq...

What happened in Iraq is that UN inspectors were operating there, but Iraqi arrogance was making the work difficult and slow, with low cooperation. Having said that, the inspectors continually said that they would be able to work through the program and eventually discover the full truth of the situation.
George Bush said "No time left!!!", and launched an attack before the UN inspectors had finished.
Inspectors left, because of safety reasons now Iraq would be a war zone.

In Syria, the UN inspectors are going in, but the work will be slow, difficult, and probably get little cooperation from people on either side.
One may now watch for reaction from the US, claiming that there is "No time left!!!".
Edit - and 5 minutes after I type that, a new thread appears to say

Syria: air attacks loom as Britain and US pledge to use force within two weeks

edit on 25-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join