It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore: I don't support the troops

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
For all of you who claim US troops are mindless mercenaries...

Have you ever served?
Do you understand what sacrifice TRULY is?
What have you done to help others? Other than griping on a conspiracy website?

I served. I served because I loved this country. I joined in March of 2000, before the world was how it is now.
I sacrificed. I went to war. I lost friends. I missed the funerals/births of family and friends back home.
I had my disagreements with what my 'leaders' were doing, and honorably separated from service. Others of like mind either separated or carried on, depending on the needs of their families.

And just FYI... those 'mindless' mercenaries are our only hope of possibly returning this country to what was envisioned in the Constitution.

The problem is not the troops.. it is ALL of US. How the hell did 92% of Congress get reelected with only 15% approval? Because we are lazy and apathetic and care more about Miley Cyrus' vagina than we do about what goes on in Washington and subsequently around the world.

You want to make a difference?

Give someone in need some cash/water/food/love today.
Educate yourself and what your duty as a citizen of this nation is. WATCH your politicians and hold them to account. WRITE LETTERS! Fight for your rights because no one else is going to!

I get out once a week just to drive around and give random 'homeless' (I think) people bottled waters and $5 because I've been blessed. I don't ask them nothing, I just tell them I love them and hope what I give them helps.

I write my local congressional 'representatives' to express my extreme displeasure with how they are allowing themselves to be used through bribes. They probably have my address on a database somewhere.

As a veteran, thanks aren't required. Most of us would only really like you to not label us as 'baby killers' or other such nonsense. We know all to well about the attrocities committed by some of our brethren, and believe you me, we abhor and hate those animals as much as the rest of you do.

Okay, got that out of my system. This world is in bad enough shape, every little bit of good, no matter how trivial it may seem, helps.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

I do not support any nation's "troops".

I support the people of the Earth.

I think it is better to educate people to the fact that governments are able to convert people into "troops" through various nefarious machinations, fear-management, debt-slavery and dire economic conditions.

I support enabling "troops" conversion from tools of War for the Plutocrats, back into people able to use their lives for the benefit of themselves and others.

I was quite ignorant, not too long ago, about this so I do not think it is constructive to "bash" the people who have let themselves become "troops".

Ignorance is only a condition for which further education is the remedy.

None of this speaks to those people who would enjoy killing others.

Love, Peace, and Justice to all.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join