<< 1   >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Military leaders say the decision to relieve Col. David Lynch of command

Nuclear Fire. Walk. With. Me.

Couldn't resist.

Back OT: this is pretty significant that there are apparently this many security holes in nuclear facilities that it warrants relief. Not just one time, but a couple.

This is the second time in recent months that an Air Force nuclear commander was replaced following a high-profile security problem.
And only "in recent months." This is a serious issue.

The unit failed a review of its adherence to rules that ensure the safety, security and control of its nuclear weapons.

The 341st Security Forces Group, which Lynch had led since June 2012, has more than 1,200 personnel members and four squadrons. It provides security for the 341st Missile Wing, 15 launch control centers and 150 nuclear missile silos in a huge area of central Montana.

150 Nuclear Silos????

And dude failed inspections more than once.

Hopefully they will now become more secure (unlikely).

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Maybe they "lost" one out there on the prarries
"Damn thing was on the map yesterday....."
"Corporal who zeroxed this thing?"
Silo 135 is missing!"
"Call out the guard, a UFO stole a silo."...............

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The worst mistake they made was getting the Air Force out of the day to day handling of nuclear weapons. During the cold war when we had B-52s on alert 24/7/365 and the weapons were handled constantly you would never hear about all the things you have in the last few years. There were a few incidents (on the ground not crashes), but never reached the point where commanders were fired and entire units were removed from the mission and retrained. Now they handle them so rarely that they screw up almost every time they do.

With the de-emphasis of nukes, it's almost like it's become a collateral duty.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I hope they're just being responsible, but seeing as how there was never a mention of the missing Barksdale nuke being recovered a couple years back I really have to wonder.
edit on 27-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by restlessinMT
I read this the other day. My immediate feeling was this seems a little fishy. It does not sit well with me at all and this is way to close to home.

Agreed. First thing that came to mind was somebody was cleaning house in the nuclear launch department. Maybe these "bad reviews" are really about something else. Perhaps replacing (even more) command level officers with others more in line with a current ideology.

Your analogy is correct. In the U.S. military....... many commanders and service members are starting to stand up and question their supervisor decisions that effect war preparations and the war. Our government has strategically placed military and civilian personnel in positions that do not question their orders. It is these puppets who will destroy our country.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Hey! Check this out:

High Level Source Confirms Secret US Nuclear Warhead Transfer
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Agent008
started on 9/3/2013 @ 08:50 PM

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join