Military removes commander of nuclear weapons unit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Lets play a game. What are some words you never want to hear said together?

Gasoline + Bonfire?
Firearm + Child?
Aged + Hamburger?

How about we'll add a new combination, thanks to the Air Force. Failure + Nuclear Weapons.

MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, Mont. (AP) — The Air Force has removed the commander of a nuclear weapons unit at a Montana base following a failed safety and security inspection that marked the second major misstep this year for one of the military's most sensitive missions.

Military leaders say the decision to relieve Col. David Lynch of command at Malmstrom Air Force Base stems from a loss of confidence.

That's the way to get the public to feeling good. Bust out a major Nuclear forces commander for a lack of confidence. Yeah... I think I'm starting to feel something similar about more than just him.

Lt. Col. Randy Olson was relieved of duty at Minot Air Force Base, N.D., in June. The AP first reported an unprecedented sidelining of 17 launch officers there in May following an exceptionally poor review in the spring.

The 341st Security Forces Group, which Lynch had led since June 2012, has more than 1,200 personnel members and four squadrons. It provides security for the 341st Missile Wing, 15 launch control centers and 150 nuclear missile silos in a huge area of central Montana.
Source

I imagine bad things happened like this from time to time in the past. At least, at some level. I'd also guess that they weren't press releases for international wire service reports. I don't know which is worse? That everything we hear about is negative...or that it's so widely reported and publicly announced now? What's interesting to us is intelligence to other nations...and some areas make me wonder about judgement?

Either way, this sure isn't a case to imagine benefits of the doubt for. Nuclear Weapons should be one area where no nonsense is allowed and no "close enough is good enough' is tolerated on any level, at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
*CIA director to Obama* I would be a shame if something would happen to the guy protecting the nuclear arsenal...
Obama: Yeah.... really a shame... *giggity giggity*

That aside... Back to OP, that's the problems when weapons of mass destruction are manufactured in mass. It loses its value, meaning one starts to forget just how powerful and frighting those things are.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I read this the other day. My immediate feeling was this seems a little fishy. It does not sit well with me at all and this is way to close to home.

Relieved "due to a loss in confidence" makes me wonder if he and the Minot commander refused to do what something. I am just speculating here but maybe they refused to do something a long the lines of harming civilians!

Colonel Robert Stanley, the commander of the 341st Missile Wing, relieved Lynch from command "due to a loss of confidence in Lynch's ability to lead his group."
edit on 8/25/2013 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT
I read this the other day. My immediate feeling was this seems a little fishy. It does not sit well with me at all and this is way to close to home.

Agreed. First thing that came to mind was somebody was cleaning house in the nuclear launch department. Maybe these "bad reviews" are really about something else. Perhaps replacing (even more) command level officers with others more in line with a current ideology.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I say it is simply a case of diminishing the credibility of those who have witnessed significant ufo events over their respective duty stations. The number of sightings over nuclear missile silos is verifiable, even if what was witnessed is not, so it stands to reason that if a specific command such as the one in Montana had a significant event take place above it then those involved would need to be dealt with in one way or another.

By destroying their credibility they effectively reduce the impact of anything these soldiers or the commander specifically will have when they inevitably try and report this encounter. Most major news organizations won't take them seriously at this point, and frankly neither would most of us, which is precisely why they are reported on such a large scale. By publishing this information widely they allow anyone who is investigating the matter to do a quick google search on the person disclosing the information and when it is revealed that they were relieved of duty because it the higher ups were no longer confident in their ability to maintain command anyone who sees that information will immediately lose confidence in the person reporting it.

Are there any reports of UFO activity in recent weeks/months over the area where this commander served?
If so then that might be your answer.
Malmstrom UFO - 1967

See this has already been reported at that specific location once before, and in interesting detail no less.
So if the theory that nuclear materials in missiles or power stations is to be believed then these areas become hot spots for activity.
UFO's and Nuclear power

If that activity has taken place then the person most likely to have the greatest amount of information regarding the incident would logically be the commander in charge of the site, and since we live in a modern and constantly connected world then the fear that he might reveal something to everyone after his attempts to uncover the truth through official channels is met with criticism or immediate denial would require him to be effectively discredited so that fewer people will listen and investigate his claims.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

There have been UFO's in the past and present. Here is a link to an article.

www.ufohastings.com... /ufos-reported-near-malmstrom-afbs-nuclear-missile-sites-in-september-2012

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

Sometimes i am so clever i scare myself.
Now if only i could profit from it.

It is interesting to note that their was another ufo sighting over Minot, North Dakota where the other officers were removed from duty in April of this year.

edit on 25-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I worked securiry and on an Alpha Team for nulcear accidents for a couple of years. They have inspections all the time. They are high stress and scoring anything less than perfection results in loss of job and the end of careers. You are also placed on the personal reliability program which means every part of your personal life if watched for anything that might create a psychological issue. Things like a divorce or family dispute can end your job as well. People are removed on occasion. Honestly I am suprised it does not happen more often.
edit on 25-8-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Ironic... The Government releases this and the media carries it yet the government refuses to release info on the IRS / Benghazi / Fast N Furious and the media refuses to report on it...

I will take birth certificates for 500 alex...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Pfft...Obama is an American, deal with it.
You may not like him, but i seriously doubt Romney or any of the other candidates would be doing much better.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Pfft...Obama is an American, deal with it.
You may not like him, but i seriously doubt Romney or any of the other candidates would be doing much better.

Its called sarcasm in reference to the birth certificate..

The remainder of my post is valid.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you say so, though i have seen plenty of stories on all those topics in the MSM so i am not sure what is valid about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

So then you would know best whether or not strange incidents take place around nuclear sites...

If you are sworn to secrecy it is cool, just give a wink to let us know that you know but can't talk about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago

Originally posted by restlessinMT

Agreed. First thing that came to mind was somebody was cleaning house in the nuclear launch department. Maybe these "bad reviews" are really about something else. Perhaps replacing (even more) command level officers with others more in line with a current ideology.

For both you and Restless, possibly a removal of more middle men than necessary in
the command structure. Maybe along the lines of "shoot-down" authority being taken
away from NORAD right before 9/11.
This could end up in a straight - line set of redundant, fail and tamper proof circuits between
the POTUS (or whoever else at the time's got the football) and the birds. No human hesitation
or ideaolgy involved anymore, and that to me would be the scariest evolution of all.
Did it seem to me that what might have been "the correction" was actually reinforcing the problem?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
is this just to get someone "more reliable" in place? say someone who will follow orders no matter how illegal, or how immoral they may be? seems there has been a fair amount of military "housekeeping" of late.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I think the suggestion being made is valid enough.

This story is released with gusto and the inquiries into the other matters are blocked with near equal enthusiasm. This area probably shouldn't be the stuff of news story fodder while the IRS and Benghazi issues are both matters Obama himself said would be thoroughly investigated.

Well, any time he'd like to stop obstructing Congress, investigation can begin. ..lol.. What? He thought Executive gets to screw up AND supply oversight to say it wasn't really a screw up? Only he seems to think that....but right now, that is enough.

*Oh... and Congress can get off their duffs and knock off the press conferences to investigate, as well. It takes both sides of this to cover things up.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I can say this from a whole truck load of Nuclear program material that leaked awhile back. Nothing like that is being worked into the system now for taking people out of the loop. The modernization being worked on our side is all around efficiency but not THAT efficient. In fact, I got a B equivalent on the test for a Minuteman silo crewman.

* Gotta take your fun where you can get it, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by MrSpad

So then you would know best whether or not strange incidents take place around nuclear sites...

If you are sworn to secrecy it is cool, just give a wink to let us know that you know but can't talk about it.

I can only speak to my own experience in Germany and the answer would be no. Unless you count some of odd balls that would show up on occasion to protest from Greenpeace.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The problem with that is the missiles are not in one location, most
are not at the base. I know personally of several locations where they
are, some times up to 100 miles away. there are a couple along
the highway, if anyone has ever taken the trip from GF to missoula
via the back way, through lincon (the home of the unibomber) you will
see a couple of instillation, big chain link fence and signs stating
do not trespass, shoot on sight. bla bla.
It is not uncommon to be traveling that road and see a fleet of
blacked out SUV's cruising in a group.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The worst mistake they made was getting the Air Force out of the day to day handling of nuclear weapons. During the cold war when we had B-52s on alert 24/7/365 and the weapons were handled constantly you would never hear about all the things you have in the last few years. There were a few incidents (on the ground not crashes), but never reached the point where commanders were fired and entire units were removed from the mission and retrained. Now they handle them so rarely that they screw up almost every time they do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join