It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA commandos, US special forces entered Syria: Report

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Very true the idea of Israeli special forces being on the ground as well does seem like a stretch.

But lets ignore that for a second and let me ask you a question.

do you believe that NATO Special Forces are on the ground inside Syria?

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by MrSpad
Or a Syrian treaty with Russia. These things only exists in the imagination. Iran and Syria do have some military treaties that suggest aiding the other if attacked but, nothing the would cover a civil war or internal security.

The US and others operate under agreement with 114 nations of the friends of the Syria working group that that recognized the Syrian National council as the leaders of Syria. Military action could also be called requested by either the Arab League or Organisation of Islamic Cooperation both of which Syria is a member. Assads real problem is he has no global support.

Syria was suspended from the OIC in August 2012.
Syria was suspended from the AL in November 2011.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

The FSC took the seat in March.

Another person commented about Syria asking the OIC / AL for military assistance.. If the FSA is the recognized entity, couldn't the same standard apply to them? Requesting the OIC / AL to assist in removing Assad and his government?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
imo, when the dust settles, Russia will be on the wrong side of the Muslim world and the wrong side of history.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VulcanScienceAcademy
imo, when the dust settles, Russia will be on the wrong side of the Muslim world and the wrong side of history.

Should the Assad government fall I seriously doubt the Russians are going to have access to Tartus, which is their only base outside of Russia / Former Soviet Republics.

They placed all their eggs into Assads basket, and in the process ticked off those not aligned with Assad.

Russia argument will be its an internal matter of Syria and they had no right to intervene... Except for selling them weapons and what not, but in the end its an internal matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

U.S. Forces were on the border November 2012. SF and clandestine recon elements entered the country prior too. They verified the arrival of Spetsnaz, via container ships in December. By Christmas we had already exchanged lead and tungsten greetings on numerous occasions. I know it's an old thread but thought I'd add a note incase anyone is still watching

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I know that some SF units are working With Syrian relatives from families who have settled in European countries.

Because this is a Public forum i am not going to go into details on how some SF operate within Syria.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join