It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

91-Year-Old Man Beaten & Robbed While Out for Morning Walk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Link to Article

A 91-year-old man out for a stroll in San Diego, California on Saturday morning was attacked from behind before being beaten and eventually robbed, police reportedly said. The attack reportedly occurred on the elderly man’s birthday, just before 8 AM, when, according to police, a man described as Hispanic pushed him to the ground, beat him in the head and then stole his wallet from his pants pocket. “A 91-year-old Chinese man was taking his daily walk when a man came up from behind, pushed him to the ground, and hit him several times about the head and body,” Frank Cali, a San Diego police officer, reportedly said on Saturday. “The suspect took the victim’s wallet from his pants pocket and fled the scene,” he added. The victim’s family added more detail to KGTV, saying the 91-year-old was also put in a headlock and punched multiple times. The elderly man did not suffer any life threatening injuries, but was taken to the hospital and complained of back pain, police reportedly added. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, roughly 6 feet tall, with a bald or shaven head.

Ain't America getting grander by the moment? I think the Mexican man that did this just needed to be loved as a child. It is not his fault he is a violent beater of old people, it is someone else's........

Why do we even have trials for pukes like this. The Chinese method of a 22 to the back of the head seems quite appropriate. And just o be fair to the mans family I will pay for it myself.
edit on 25-8-2013 by Mamatus because: added content

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

It is not his fault he is a violent beater of old people, it is someone else's........

I have to disagree wholeheartedly with this. I was raised by a violent Father as a young child and we all have a choice to be like the abuser or never be like the abuser. Once you are grown you have the ability to make your own choices and no one is responsible for what you decide to do.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I fully understand and sympathize with your feeling of helpless anger but the only way to treat this is as a symptom, we have it here in the UK as well, Rampant immigration without any effective checks except on the legitimate immigrants, Social deprivation and poverty, a lack of employment, Drug abuse and poor education and social structuring.
There are more causes and this man may simple be an evil scumbag or drug addict whom needed his fix but overall treating the cause reduces the symptom better than treating the symptom, still though like both branches of medicine both approaches do work.

edit on 25-8-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Agree.

This man could have been loved all his life. Drugs also will make perfectly righteous people, do heinous acts.

This was a crime of opportunity. I'm just sick of all those willing to regress into the basic form that humanity can fall back on. Its sad.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Although I agree that this was a deplorable act, I don't believe it to be a sign that America is any "worse" as there are plenty of other indications of such.

People are robbed, mugged, assaulted, beaten, attacked, killed, raped, etc. everyday here in America. Age rarely plays a discriminate factor, so one should wonder why every so often, one particular story is highlighted by bloggers, forum posters, and MSM. I believe it to be a social experiment in controlling public attention. The only reason this story is even being reported outside of San Diego is because it's another minority (Hispanic) attack on an elderly man. (For those unaware there was another attack in Washington state that killed an 88 year old vet.)

While I don't believe that the MSM is "racist" per se, I do charge them with seriously attempting to fuel a race war. Make high profile cases out of things like this, the Zimmerman case, and others, while highlighting race all throughout the story - for what reason? Every word serves a purpose..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That part was pure sarcasm due to me getting thumped by a Mod in another thread for suggesting something not so nice for the ones that killed the 89 year old Veteran.........

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

I think the Mexican man ....

2013 thinks all Hispanics are from Mexico

and you wonder why Americans are looked down upon.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I should have said Hispanic. My Aunt is from Mexico and one of my best employees has a Green Card....... I got no issue with anyone of any race. I would like to lump ALL the scumbags of all races into one group. Dead.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

I should have said Hispanic. My Aunt is from Mexico and one of my best employees has a Green Card....... I got no issue with anyone of any race. I would like to lump ALL the scumbags of all races into one group. Dead.
sure thing, that's why you felt you had to paint him as Mexican...because you have no issues, right

good luck with all the hate eating you up from the inside..

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Thunderheart, if you mean hate towards those that choose to victimize innocent people? You are right it gets to me. As it should get to every single reasonable man and woman on this planet.

However, it does not even come close to consuming me lol. I have an incredible life and while I may have an opinion, don't think that means I am consumed by hate. In fact my business is all about giving other joy and helping people scratch things off their bucket lists, and I do quite well at it.

It is called "compartmentalizing". Easy enough to keep that hatred in it's own box. I only open that box when someone needs to be defended from some scumbag POS.

I like how you think you know me

edit on 25-8-2013 by Mamatus because: added content

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Just calling it like I see it brah, you neglected to put up your veneer and the world got a glimpse at the rotten core of racism inside of you, now you have pulled the curtains closed and are trying to just show the phony façade. nice try...too late.
I've been dealing with racist and closet racist people my entire life so I know the little nuances and wink and nods very well. You want to know which is the most discriminated race of all? Look towards the reservations my friend...

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

beat someone that old..

death on sight!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I didn't realize Mexican was a race. I also didn't realize a simple slip revealed anyone's 'rotten racist core'.

Hispanic is a big umbrella. In the US, I believe the majority of the Hispanic population is in fact Mexican. We make slips, they don't mean we hate. You don't know the OP, what the OP feels or if this was just a crossed wire yet you automatically label. It seems rather hypocritical.

Go ahead and be more outraged that a person mistook Hispanic for Mexican. The rest of us will go ahead and be outraged that some jackass beat an old man for his wallet.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I didn't realize Mexican was a race. I also didn't realize a simple slip revealed anyone's 'rotten racist core'.

Hispanic is a big umbrella. In the US, I believe the majority of the Hispanic population is in fact Mexican. We make slips, they don't mean we hate. You don't know the OP, what the OP feels or if this was just a crossed wire yet you automatically label. It seems rather hypocritical.

Go ahead and be more outraged that a person mistook Hispanic for Mexican. The rest of us will go ahead and be outraged that some jackass beat an old man for his wallet.

technically 'they' all come from Mexico.. unless there is a country bordering..lol

I should start checking American for my race... actually, sounds good. lol

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What a shame. Increase the severity of the punishment for such crimes. Prison time including some severe beatings. People are not afraid of the law I guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
Although I agree that this was a deplorable act, I don't believe it to be a sign that America is any "worse" as there are plenty of other indications of such.

People are robbed, mugged, assaulted, beaten, attacked, killed, raped, etc. everyday here in America. Age rarely plays a discriminate factor, so one should wonder why every so often, one particular story is highlighted by bloggers, forum posters, and MSM. I believe it to be a social experiment in controlling public attention. The only reason this story is even being reported outside of San Diego is because it's another minority (Hispanic) attack on an elderly man. (For those unaware there was another attack in Washington state that killed an 88 year old vet.)

While I don't believe that the MSM is "racist" per se, I do charge them with seriously attempting to fuel a race war. Make high profile cases out of things like this, the Zimmerman case, and others, while highlighting race all throughout the story - for what reason? Every word serves a purpose..

I agree. The five minutes of a day I look at the news about violence, the commentators of said violence, as though they are talking about sport, bring up the issue one to another... so do you think this was fueled by race... and that's the last minute of news for me. It's a red herring issue from the fact of violence within a city, which was mostly allowed to occur, from civic degradation into faith in virtu-security fairies who supposedly listen to noises on the phone all day and whose criminal algorithm AI computers psychically know where the trouble will be. On the flipside, you don't see them asking all day long, do you think this was fueled by drugs, poverty, unemployment, slippery justice and overcrowded jails, greed, politics, news-originated prejudicial modeling?

The man who beat the 91 year old...I hope he gets trampled by 91 pairs of feet in a human stampede.
edit on 28-8-2013 by Sandalphon because: like arithmetic, not arythmetic.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

To be fair, in San Diego, it's 99% likely the Hispanic man was of Mexican decent.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I first want to say that I would hope that swift and just PUNISHMENT does find this animal. This is insane.

Now that that is out of the way, my idea of a solution to the reverse-civilizing effect our society is having on some people is two things:

Education. The most pleasant and also the most difficult to do properly.

I feel that if these idiots were shown even an ounce of the true nature to their minds, spirits and history, that somehow they would find their way.

I dont believe in late education for people far gone down the path of being sadistic animals. Some exceptions may exist but honestly, who cares. Thats on them to better themselves if they even care to at all.

I think though that every at risk child, those with retarded parents simply put, should be extracted from that environment and force taught the totality of human knowledge, along with every other child in a normal environment. I cant see how after seeing the true nature to the universe and themselves how much of any fear and ignorance can exist at all in those people . If they were realizing their potential, I dont see how people will revert to a barbaric nature like is happening now to certain populations.

and sterilization. The most unpleasant but the easiest to do...sadly.

I am not against forced sterilization. Honestly, I know what people will say, but logically the hard choices sometimes arent pleasant. They are still better than ignorantly letting something happen because you dont have the resolve to do what is right for the good of all.

You cant just rip a child from their parents, no matter how terrible they are. You also cant just leave them to become the future, more numerous burden of our kids or grandkids. There isnt a million Einsteins being born just because can have billions more people around. Some people just arent being enlightened by the nature of civilization and are acting out instinct....because we have grown faster then our understanding of our capabilities have and slower than our ability to actually change the human condition in a meaningful way.

SO, what do we do? Do we let more childish, petty, barbarians have child after child of raging barbarians? Do you just "hope" that if you are willing to teach them that they will automatically be willing to learn?

Do you just do nothing now, so latter on our children will be faced with even more difficult problems and more drastic actions to solve them?

I really do see it as taking on the sin of doing something wrong ourselves now, like forced sterilizations of repeat offenders, or just passing the potential sin along in greater measure to our descendants when they must face the sudden and complete eradication of a very real threat to stable society. That or the sudden and complete eradication of society at the hands of that threat. And lets not kid ourselves. Ideals aside, knowing even only a little about human nature, this is what will happen eventually. You know it, I know it.

History does not lie.

So teach those you can, and stop those you can not from breeding. It sucks huh? Yeah, well at least our future generations wont have to do even more horrible things to survive what is coming. Also those who are stuck in a downward spiral of degradation will be given a chance to save their peoples and cultures from oblivion instead of losing it all anyways to a big loud nothingness of diminishing returns culturally and spiritually with every passing generation.

The stain of sin on our hands, or the stain of blood on our childrens. You decide.

How strong is your resolve for the common good? How far ahead can you see by your intelligence?
What good is any of that if you cant do what is necessary to stop all that ever was from suddenly being for not?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Thing have gone to hell in a handbag since we stopped corpral punishment.
10 lashes with a bullwhip in public will stop most of these things.
Look at the cost savings too.

new topics

top topics

join