It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Path to enlightenment: Buddhism in Judaism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

i understand your point of view. but i am ordained to also be firm with the disbelievers and those would wish to lecture the lecturer.

be concerned with the message, and not the messenger.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

You are not perfect. You are not flawless. You are not all-knowing. You would be wise to remember that. You would be wise to remember that you are capable of not fully understanding the message you are trying to send. You would be wise not to overestimate yourself.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You are not perfect. You are not flawless. You are not all-knowing. You would be wise to remember that. You would be wise to remember that you are capable of not fully understanding the message you are trying to send. You would be wise not to overestimate yourself.

and why do u think u need to remind of any of these basic things?

as i said.. u are either a student, or my equal. but none here are my master.

what do u know of my estimates?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No one is perfect, and yet you act as though your understanding is flawless.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No one is perfect, and yet you act as though your understanding is flawless.

what i have presented is channeled understanding from the spirit. your beef is not with me but that spirit.

u seek to grab and pull at my apparent attitude of perfection out of what? envy? a perfection which does not exist in human hands. a given. so why do you think to profess how wise you are by stating the obvious?

like i said.. concern yourself with the message, and not the messenger.

take the message or leave it. if u have a problem with the messenger or his method. then be your own messenger.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
many do not realize, that the great truths are all shrouded under cover of grotesque appearance. this is why it is not wise to judge a book by its cover. For the truth includes those things which one may not agree with or prefer to acknowledge. but truth cares not for friends unless they are firends in truth. the whole truth. u dont get to pick what truth u want. the truth comes as a whole and is undivided. to attempt to divide truth and filter it of the things that does not appeal to one is not to live in truth. but hypocrisy.

truth is a beautiful flower, and as you pick it up from the ground it is destroyed. the truth must be left to be as it is. there it is pure.

my filthy hands may have presented this truth. but it is as close as you will get from the present. when truth is given by the spirit it is written in the heart and the mind. where there is no pen or paper. nor for any blind person to over-see or over-hear. an internal expression for which unfortunately if i am to teach you or if any teacher is to teach anyone.. must use imperfect hands to translate that truth into a physical representation.

if u cannot get past the cover, then you will never read the book. and will not know what you have gained from what you have lost.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

my filthy hands may have presented this truth. but it is as close as you will get from the present.

I disagree. I think truth is very much subjective. In fact, I think truth isn't so much the apple in your hand as the window from which the apple is viewed. Truth is a perspective. It is an angle, an understanding. It is just as much a comprehension of the window itself as it is a comprehension of what the window is allowing you to see.

You are so absorbed in the moon that you forget you're still on Earth.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

my filthy hands may have presented this truth. but it is as close as you will get from the present.

I disagree. I think truth is very much subjective. In fact, I think truth isn't so much the apple in your hand as the window from which the apple is viewed. Truth is a perspective. It is an angle, an understanding. It is just as much a comprehension of the window itself as it is a comprehension of what the window is allowing you to see.

You are so absorbed in the moon that you forget you're still on Earth.

very well, but where in your analogy does truth analyse the one observing the window and from which side of the window he stands?

i have viewed the windows from both inside and outside. and this is the translation. of course the truth can be represented in many ways but all will say the same thing. if u do not believe that i understand the full attributes of the window to describe it to you then there is nothing forcing you to accept the message.

you are very free to find for yourself a teacher whose direction u trust.

if i give u the parts of a computer to build one, wont you have to plug the connections in their right sockets? wont everyone have to follow this truth? who can defy and plug the usb into the firewire? who can defy and insert the cpu processor into a pci slot.. or into the dvd rom? who can place the motherboard to stand outside separate and unconnected to decide it is not needed?
edit on 28-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This is the crux of the matter. There is nothing wrong with being a teacher, as long as you are fully aware of what you have yet to learn. I'm not sure you realize how much you do not know. That is a dangerous position to be in for someone who claims to know the recipe for enlightenment.
edit on 28-8-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

This is the crux of the matter. There is nothing wrong with being a teacher, as long as you are fully aware of what you have yet to learn. I'm not sure you realize how much you do not know. That is a dangerous position to be in for someone who claims to know the recipe for enlightenment.

fear fills your mind. but it does not fill mine. do u know what is fear. i have knwon a fear that you cannot comprehend. thus there is nothing here on this earth left for me to fear. carry your own baggage. but it will not be offloaded on me for i will not have it. pack up your fear and leave if you are fearful, for this then is not for you. for this journey will take you into the heart of a fear that you cannot imagine. a love so powerful who's entity it emanates from i had even feared to turn around a look. yet still without looking upon the face of the source of that fear my bones shook and my soul trembled.

u want to teach me of fear? you want to teach me? hear me again. u. nor anyone here are my master! i am the one with the light and the water. a true witness. things will not be with me as you have seen them before. there will be no victory for anyone who comes up against me. however you dodge and weave, however you attack, i shall need to do nothing and your foolish actions will only make me grow stronger. such is the power of the infinite spirit which supports me. this thing that i know is Death incarnate. what else is there for me to fear from foolish mortal men. have a seat fearful one. or stand outside the class.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

fear fills your mind. but it does not fill mine. do u know what is fear. i have knwon a fear that you cannot comprehend. thus there is nothing here on this earth left for me to fear. carry your own baggage. but it will not be offloaded on me for i will not have it. pack up your fear and leave if you are fearful, for this then is not for you. for this journey will take you into the heart of a fear that you cannot imagine. a love so powerful who's entity it emanates from i had even feared to turn around a look. yet still without looking upon the face of the source of that fear my bones shook and my soul trembled.

You just contradicted yourself right there. You apparently have no fear, yet you experience fear from a source of pure love. That doesn't make even a little bit of sense. Particularly since you're accusing me of being afraid, despite the fact that I have never mentioned fear of anything in my recent contributions to this thread. You are putting words in my mouth.

u want to teach me of fear? you want to teach me?

Again, you are putting words in my mouth.

hear me again. u. nor anyone here are my master! i am the one with the light and the water. a true witness.

A true witness of what, exactly?

things will not be with me as you have seen them before. there will be no victory for anyone who comes up against me. however you dodge and weave, however you attack, i shall need to do nothing and your foolish actions will only make me grow stronger. such is the power of the infinite spirit which supports me. this thing that i know is Death incarnate. what else is there for me to fear from foolish mortal men. have a seat fearful one. or stand outside the class.

Such arrogance for someone who is just as mortal as myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

you have no comprehension of what you are attempting to school me on. which is the reason i am where i am and you are where you are in understanding. do you think that you will not fear God? Even though he is pure love? it is pure love that will scare your ego #less. Love that no human can accomplish. to realise the truth of the presence and existence of such love, standing right behind you. you will not fear? who is arrogant? God brave..

Every one of the Prophets showed terrible fear of Angels and to be called to assembly in the presence of God constantly reassured that they should not fear. A fear even greater than that of the Angel's presence of POWER. yet they could not help themselves. The reality of the situation is much more than you can comprehend. i have told u that already.

if u have no more legitimate questions for me. questions that will actually help you to find the truth, then our conversation is over.

The only part of me that is mortal.. is my flesh.
good day.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

A person will start off being a student. But after a while, you must become the teacher. As a teacher, you must teach as a child, always learning and experiencing. Therefore, you should always be a student AND a teacher. The day that you believe you have all knowledge, this is only the ego (lower self) speaking, trying to stop you from personal growth.

filledcup, your thread has become a place of argument of who knows more than the other. Stop for a moment and listen to the soft voice of your Higher Self. Your Higher Self will always say it's time to let go and detach from these arguments. If you are here to teach, then do so. Don't go into a constant battle of wits with people. This is only of the Lower Mind--yet another battle of right and wrong, expectations and non-expectations, and truth and falsehood. Do you see what I am saying here? You are still seeing yourself as separated from people. The Path of the Sephirot is a "Path of Oneness." See God in all people. Help raise the ALL back to God Consciousness.
edit on 8/28/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

My point is a very simple one: if you are determined to be a teacher, always remain open to the reality that you do not know everything about which you are speaking. Also remain open to the reality that your student is also your teacher. Filledcup writes as though s/he knows everything s/he needs to know. This is an illusion, and that is all I want to make clear. Filledcup, your lessons will not end until the moment your final breath leaves your lungs. The same is true for all of us.

To Filledcup, I say this: be open to opportunities to learn. As abhorrent or distasteful as they may seem, every lesson has a purpose. The purpose is multiapplicatory, and its only limitation is what you are willing to do with it. If you remember nothing else from what I tell you, remember this. Every experience is a lesson, and our greatest limitation is our imagination. In conjunction, these truths can help you reach great heights in understanding both yourself and the world around you.

These are truths I have observed in my own life. I consider them constant enough to be called truths. Whether you test them in your own is your decision entirely. Maybe you will test them and come to the same conclusion. But that's for you to decide.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i would learn something from both of you. but not what you think i will. so far neither of you have made any real contribution that would benefit. instead the detractions will serve as a teaching through the evolution of this story for those who are looking on. u do not see your purpose here and in all that you say. but i do.

you assume that i see you as an enemy. and seperate. but you will play your roll. and i will play mine.

my understanding is of course not of knowing all.. but i know where to go and can go to know all. i choose not to know all.. and pick up a magnifying glass and look through the grassy fields for ants with you just as though i have never done it before. the bigger picture may have been too large for u to first see from an external perspective. but i speak to you from both ego and higher self.

This much i know. not from any book. i have walked the path of the books. but so have many.. and still they have not been successful as i have. bird in bush or bird in hand. i am the one with the light they seek. will u take the description of an event from a friend of a friend of a cousin who saw it? or would you take it from the horse's mouth? which would be more beneficial?

if u wish to speak as my equal.. then make claim that you have also retained the light. unless u do this, u will be students still seeking. as such you will not have the authority to school me on any topic that i have not already been very well schooled on by the Spirit itself!

Doubt or doubt not.. but think about what you are doing. the probability may seem low to you. but the truth is.. that the truth is.. right here.. before you.. right now.. whether you can believe it or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
if you want to teach me..

teach me now of what comes past the kechari mudra and the opening of the seafoam green chakra.
teach me of timetables and actions of the spirit beyond the enlightenment of samadhi.
Teach me of masters who have attained and acclaimed beyond my present level and state.
teach me how to attain laghima and mastery of the other gifts.

all of this below these things are sublime and boring to me. including of this world. and you can be no teacher to me except in that which i will learn from the perspective of you in our conversation which u do not see. i already hold the key to the makeup of existence, the psychology of humankind. the double edged sword is in my hand. dont you understand?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

teach me now of what comes past the kechari mudra and the opening of the seafoam green chakra.
teach me of timetables and actions of the spirit beyond the enlightenment of samadhi.
Teach me of masters who have attained and acclaimed beyond my present level and state.

These are the things you want to learn.

all of this below these things are sublime and boring to me.

And this is why I think you should not learn them. Actually, to be more precise, this quoted sentence tells me that you are more student than you are a teacher, and that you should not be acting as a guide to enlightenment for anyone as you have not yet found it yourself.

I haven't found enlightenment either, but I don't want enlightenment. I want to be happy. That's all. And honestly, I get the impression that your happiness depends on your assets. Your happiness is anchored in possessions and in capability and in power. I don't see that ending well for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

These are the things you want to learn.

all of this below these things are sublime and boring to me.

And this is why I think you should not learn them. Actually, to be more precise, this quoted sentence tells me that you are more student than you are a teacher, and that you should not be acting as a guide to enlightenment for anyone as you have not yet found it yourself.

I haven't found enlightenment either, but I don't want enlightenment. I want to be happy. That's all.

oh? and who made you judge above the God that granted me the path to attainment to decide over him that it is not right for me. be careful how you tread. i have told you i am a true witness. all is written and will come to pass. self fulfilling prophecy or not. my time for progress is eternal.. and there is nothing you can do to hamper it without harming yourself and others. but you will not harm me. i have told you here is not the one for you to place your authority. none have the bounds to cross the boundary.. not even the queen of england.

while u sleep comfy in your beds, i sit on the seashore and play an enjoyable game of chess with death. there will be no winner. he is my friend. and we will play together forever. u do not understand what i am saying. but when you die.. u will come to us!

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

You realize how crazy you sound, right?

"I am the chosen one! I alone have been called to be the greatest and most high of all the pawns that will serve the mighty power, that I too may know glory and treasures beyond the wildest dreams of you mere mortal humans!"

Or something along those lines. Sounds like a loony from one of those cliche fantasy novels. I'm being absolutely serious here. I don't think you know a damned thing about enlightenment. You are doing it for your own gain, you have made that perfectly clear. And that right there puts enlightenment out of the picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

perhaps, but so do many artists and great minds sound to inferior minds.

you have judged a coin by one side. u oppose me in my class of instruction and wish not to be opposed? you nor anyone know my power. nor how humble i am. my friends are leaders in their own right so too anyone that i come across. for u to meet me in real life you would not know a thing. to u i will seem as ordinary as any other human. tho intelligent and visionary. many come to me and look to me to be their leader and i tell them i refuse and train them to lead themselves whilst they do not even realise what i am doing.

i am hidden. but i will tell u now exactly where i am. in every regard of the word. and very literal..

i was born in The Trinity, and i reside in The Heart, where the waters of the soul flow.

that is a geographical location. see if u can figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join